Photo or Autograph...

I think the photo is a guarantee you'll meet them.

The autograph though is a bit more personnel if they have the time and you can sometimes get a quick pic with them.

So I think in my opinion, to sum it up, final decision..........

There both awesome

• Like 1

It depends on the guest for me. I hadn't been to an event for a few years until last LFCC and was feeling quite anxious on the day so just went for two photoshoots and they both came out really well and the bonus with having a photo with Adam Brown was that not only did I have to go round again due to camera not working, Adam took the time to ask everyone their name so it felt like meeting him, almost as much as when getting an autograph.

There are some guests I would particularly like to meet in the hopes they'd have time for me to say a little more than hello to them and for those guests, if I had to choose, I would chose the auto. Tough decision though, and there's a few guests this year I will have to chose one or the other.

• Like 1

If you was to ask this question before this social media age we live in I bet autograph would win everytime ;)

I disagree. I have thousands of printed photographs from my time travelling before Facebook and Twitter were even around publicly. I think they capture the moment for when the memory fades a little. Even back then I would have still said photograph.

That's me personally though, I wouldn't be able to comment on anyone else!

I have to echo that. I started doing cons a couple of years before I even ventured into social media and I was initially "both please", but then just got less and less invested with the autographs, apart from the bit where I got to talk to the guest. And it's been that way for me for several years now.

I think this event is going to be the first time I'm going to have to choose between the 2.

Quite a few big names and I can't afford the photo/auto combo in addition to the "standard priced" guests. For guests like Gambon & Paxton there's likely not to be any personalisation on the autograph which is a shame because I prefer dedications. With that in mind it looks like this year will be a photoshoot heavy event for me for a change.

For any GoT guest, it would have to be an autograph for my poster.

For anyone else, it totally depends on who they are and what they have done - I might get, for a example, a film poster or Blu Ray slipcover by an actor, but a photo with a wrestler.

Short answer: Depends :lol:

• Like 1