Pop ups piggy backing on the forum

fifi

Sometimes when I click on the forum I get adult sites popping up behind the forum which I could really do without. Is there any way Showmasters can put a stop to this? It's not anything I've ever looked up from this end and, as this is a school computer - I'm a teacher, it worries me that it might look as though I've been looking at sites that I haven't. It's also offensive because they are always offering 'web chats' or something similar.

It will be your computer that has malware. There would have been a lot more people mentioning this if it was showmasters site itself that was the source of infection.

Always recommend people download something like adblock plus, as even big sites are sometimes sources of malware infections (via the adverts being shown).

Yes, this is the same problem as described in the "suspect page" thread. http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87338

We're doing our best to stop it, it's a known problem and it's being worked on. It's an issue with the forum skins that unfortunately Invision isn't quite treating as urgent as it should maybe be treated.

If you have the admin rights to install programs on your machine Adblock plus should definitely stop it.

I'm closing here due to this being a duplicate thread. If you have more questions please post in the linked topic.