Horror at Showmasters 2015

Graphic_Delusions

Well I didn't think I'd be starting this thread, since the disappointment and lack of horror attention in 2014, but 2015 is really looking great so far. Jason and his team have listened (thank you!) and are pulling out some great guests, especially if you're a fan of the Nightmare On Elm St films. Hopefully this will be the start of things to come this year and beyond.

So, what are your thoughts? Who are planning to meet this year? What are you going to get signed? Who do you want to see get booked and announced? What special photo shoots / experiences would you like to see and take part in?

• Like 5

Im amazed by the amount of horror guests this year, for me this is already the best lineup ever and no doubt there will be 1 or 2 more just by crossover guests. It sure is gonna by an expensive con too but totally worth it. Most of these guests i want multiple things signed, not to mention the BTTF guests as well. Great times. I've got a feeling that there might be a DP as well, maybe John Carpenter or even Jamie Lee Curtis doing a charity signing. Most of the horror guests have come through Sean Clark's stable and he did the JLC signing in the states so fingers crossed. And just because we always want more how about a Re-animator reunion :smile:

Finally just want to say a heartfelt thank you to SM for listening to us "complaining" horror fans, its says alot about the company. Roll on july...................................................................................................................oh and Chris Sarandon too plz :whistling:

• Like 2

With probably less than half the overall guests announced so far, it's looking a fantastic line up for a Horror fan and I'm sure there will be more, even if some are known perhaps for another franchise.

It would be good to add some more ANOES guests, which seems a bit greedy, but based on this event having Robert as a Diamond guest, it seems like the event to really go for it for this franchise. I think its been a while as well since Heather has been over here for example. I would love to see Patricia Arquette as well.

In terms of photoshoots, part of me would quite like a ANOES shoot with Robert and the others from the franchise, I'm not too bothered about the guests coming from different films. Obviously one that does spring to mind is something with Monica Keena, Robert and Ken from Freddy Vs . Jason.

I've not really had much time to think about what to get signed. Robert has already signed my Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray box set, and there's not a whole lot of room to get other sigs on there unfortunately.

Always good to see more Halloween guests there from both John Carpenter and Rob Zombie versions. Would love to have John Carpenter there to as a guest, but also Wes Craven who would fit nicely with all these ANOES guests.

A Re-Animator reunion would be good too.

• Like 2

Absolutely stoked with the guest announcements so far. William Sadler was an epic announcement, the mist, tales from the crypt, etc. Jennifer Rubin is a great announcement had such a crush on her growing up and was one of my fave characters fro Dream Warriors. Robert Rusler is an interesting announcement as really enjoyed Sometime They Come Back. For me personally though Zach Galigan is my fave announcement so far as absolutely love Waxworks and Lost in Time and am looking forward to adding his sig to David Warners and John Rhys Davies to my Waxwork DVD.

Would love to see Carpenter too, The Thing is my fave horror of all time so that would be a dream come true

Edited by smcelhenny
  • Like 1

I've got a feeling that there might be a DP as well, maybe John Carpenter or even Jamie Lee Curtis doing a charity signing.

Whilst I agree there will be further Diamond Guests, I don't think you have a 'horror' specific guest. Of course there are chances of seeing horror directors attending like the way George Romero was announced last year. I'm sure I've heard somewhere that John Carpenter doesn't enjoy flying out of the country but you never know. Also I can see Jamie Lee Curtis doing another charity signing in Europe.

Most of the horror guests have come through Sean Clark's stable and he did the JLC signing in the states

Yeah I have noticed this. Showmasters have booked quite a few from (Sean Clark's) Convention All-Stars. Just seen that William Sadler is one from them too.

Looking at the gallery now, I'd love to see the cast from Near Dark, Friday 13th part 6, Re-Animator, Basket Case, The warriors, and of course Linda Hamilton.

It would be good to add some more ANOES guests, which seems a bit greedy, but based on this event having Robert as a Diamond guest, it seems like the event to really go for it for this franchise. I think its been a while as well since Heather has been over here for example. I would love to see Patricia Arquette as well.

Totally agree. This is the best opportunity to create a NIGHTMARE reunion across all movies. I would be very surprised if they don't announce Heather Langenkamp; it's like a having a Scream reunion without Neve Campbell. It would make a nice group photoshoot as well. I'm looking to complete a Dream Warriors poster but I's love to see more from the first movie.

I've not really had much time to think about what to get signed. Robert has already signed my Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray box set, and there's not a whole lot of room to get other sigs on there unfortunately.

Yeah same. I'm hoping the art print that comes with the Diamond Pass will be good enough to get signed. Usually you get other companies releasing special art prints for an event like the company 'Under The Floorboards'.

I only own the original NOES DVD American import boxset from 1999, I'm still waiting for the definitive upgrade before getting Robert to sign it. I do have the documentary 'Never Sleep Again' on blu-ray that's already signed by many actors across all movies except Robert himself.

Always good to see more Halloween guests there from both John Carpenter and Rob Zombie versions. Would love to have John Carpenter there to as a guest, but also Wes Craven who would fit nicely with all these ANOES guests.

There is a big demand for John Carpenter and Wes Craven. I really do hope Showmasters can pull them out one year.

absolutely love Waxworks and Lost in Time and am looking forward to adding his sig to David Warners and John Rhys Davies to my Waxwork DVD.

Nice! I was thinking of doing the same. Which Waxwork DVD do you own? I have the german import (Dragon distributor) with a nice slip case perfect to get autographs on it.

Would love to see Carpenter too, The Thing is my fave horror of all time so that would be a dream come true

You and me both. The Thing is one of my faves too. Would love to complete an original poster with all autographs..... Which means we need Kurt Russell!!

• Like 1

My Waxwork dvd is just the standard uk release. I'm still hoping for someone like Arrow to do a blu ray release of it and lost in time.

Carpenter's filmography is insanely strong. Even if you exclude Halloween, he has done so many greats. The Thing, Prince of Darkness, The Fog, Mouth of Madness, Big Trouble Little China to name but a few. I loved his episode of Masters Of Horror called Cigarette Burns.

Would love to see Langencamp and anyone from reanimator especially a certain mr coombs

Edited by smcelhenny

So the Horror guests keeping on coming with Neve Campbell's recent announcement.

I'm really hoping we might get Wes Craven, nice bit of symmetry there with A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream, ideal guest to tie the two together.

A real quandary now as to what to get signed as well without blowing the budget !

• Like 1

The FF guys (you know who I mean), have been trying to get John to come over for years, but he's just not interested. You only have to watch his interviews to see how laid back and not bothered he is.

Yeah, such a shame. It would have been perfect a couple years back when they made those fun shorts based on his films.

I guess we'll have to fly over to the States because he has done loads of con appearances there.

• Like 2