Trying to get an idea for Sunday...

I have a standard entry ticket and i have tickets for the Stan Lee talk. After everything that's gone on today i'm getting really worried about hanging around outside in extreme weather with my 18 month old daughter only to get in and not be able to move or breathe.

The earliest i'm going to be able to get there is 11am in any respect and am leaning on cutting my losses and leaving it if it's going to be a disaster. I know there's no way of knowing exactly how it's going to be but i'm now thinking that loads of people who were out of luck today are likely to try again tomorrow, no? I've heard that there will be a statement tonight regarding the management of today but would probably be inclined to get a refund if it was available.

I had a great time on the preview and avoided today because i knew it would be busy. I'm just trying to get an idea really, i appreciate nobody can predict the future but i don't want to put my little girl through a stressful day when it should be fun for her seeing superheroes and all that stuff...

Thanks.

The problem tomorrow will be the hordes of people who were turned away today, including really fanatical people who will simply wait overnight today in order to be at the front of the queue tomorrow morning. People with weekend tickets who walked away in disgust will be back, so the usual quieter Sunday factor will be balanced out by another round of Saturday peeps. It might even be busier than today, given all the problems.

• Like 2

I think i was a bit angry in my posts )if you caught any) earlier after my experience but i think after today, there will be changes made tomorrow and it will run a lot smoother

As far as I could tell it was justified. Not trying to flame anything here but i've been following it on and off today on twitter and I was upset for all the people who had to hang around all day with no chance of getting in. I pre-booked purely for this reason but there are so many levels (gold, silver, earlybird…) that i'm kind of on the end of that scale.

I went Friday for the 11am Stan signing and it was managed pretty well. Got my signature and then came back later for the photo op. Stan is the only guest I wanted to see so i had no issues with clashing etc. Friday was a good experience, really good. My little girl was loving all the cosplayers and wanted to talk to all the 'spideys' and it adds a whole new layer to the enjoyment of my hobby for me.

This is why i'm concerned about tomorrow. I have a Stan Lee talk ticket like I said but I would sooner drop it rather than put my little girl through a terrible day of being overheated and unable to look at the stalls (she likes funkos). I figured the sunday would be the better option but as has been mentioned above i'm figuring a lot of the saturday people will be back and…look, without overstating my point i guess i'll have to wait for a statement or whatever like Queen Sindel said was going to happen and judge it from there...

I think i was a bit angry in my posts )if you caught any) earlier after my experience but i think after today, there will be changes made tomorrow and it will run a lot smoother

As far as I could tell it was justified. Not trying to flame anything here but i've been following it on and off today on twitter and I was upset for all the people who had to hang around all day with no chance of getting in. I pre-booked purely for this reason but there are so many levels (gold, silver, earlybird…) that i'm kind of on the end of that scale.

I went Friday for the 11am Stan signing and it was managed pretty well. Got my signature and then came back later for the photo op. Stan is the only guest I wanted to see so i had no issues with clashing etc. Friday was a good experience, really good. My little girl was loving all the cosplayers and wanted to talk to all the 'spideys' and it adds a whole new layer to the enjoyment of my hobby for me.

This is why i'm concerned about tomorrow. I have a Stan Lee talk ticket like I said but I would sooner drop it rather than put my little girl through a terrible day of being overheated and unable to look at the stalls (she likes funkos). I figured the sunday would be the better option but as has been mentioned above i'm figuring a lot of the saturday people will be back and…look, without overstating my point i guess i'll have to wait for a statement or whatever like Queen Sindel said was going to happen and judge it from there...

Yeah just hang on and see what they say. Having a ticket already puts you miles in front of the rest who are buying tickets on the doors and the fact that the Stan Lee talk won't be oversold it would be a shame for you to miss it, but on the other hand theres the worry of it all going spam up again on the back of all the angry people who didn't get in today.

As you have your tickets i think you'll be fine, you'll have to que to get in for sure but once your in you can do your thing and get out again if your only there for the talk

• Like 1

The way I understand things is that pre-paid gets priority? Is this right? Therefore getting in should be less of an issue for those with tickets.

Technically no, but today it appears those who had them got in fine, even if it took time as they have a different queue.

Yeah just hang on and see what they say. Having a ticket already puts you miles in front of the rest who are buying tickets on the doors and the fact that the Stan Lee talk won't be oversold it would be a shame for you to miss it, but on the other hand theres the worry of it all going spam up again on the back of all the angry people who didn't get in today.

As you have your tickets i think you'll be fine, you'll have to que to get in for sure but once your in you can do your thing and get out again if your only there for the talk

Were the pre-paid people getting in for sure? And yeah, like you said - considering it's pre-booked i don't want to drop it but i will have the little one and i don't want her upset…in fact nobody wants a crying baby to make the queueing situation any worse.

Were the pre-paid people getting in for sure? And yeah, like you said - considering it's pre-booked i don't want to drop it but i will have the little one and i don't want her upset…in fact nobody wants a crying baby to make the queueing situation any worse

Yeah seen a few things about pre paid queuing but nothing spectacular. It was more the idiots like me who didn't pre buy :sleep:

I bet it will still be rammed inside though, but that can't really be helped

• Like 1

Were the pre-paid people getting in for sure? And yeah, like you said - considering it's pre-booked i don't want to drop it but i will have the little one and i don't want her upset…in fact nobody wants a crying baby to make the queueing situation any worse

Yeah seen a few things about pre paid queuing but nothing spectacular. It was more the idiots like me who didn't pre buy :sleep:

On fb and twitter it was posted all prepaid got in.

Yeah cool. been on that as well, just saw a few things where maybe people were exaggerating wanted to ask on here to be sure.

might see if someone can look after the baby. it will be a shame because she loved friday but i'm thinking that whatever is presented as explanation or remedy, other than only allowing prepaid, is going to be left to chance.

what about pre paid photo shoots but no pre paid entry tickets though?

Based on today you'd be taking a massive chance. If it was me after todays display i would get there at least 6-7 to have a chance of getting in at all.

That would mean leaving at 4am, I'd rather just get my money back, dragging my kids about on an off chance that I might get in :(

I know dude it's a tough one. If i was you i would appeal a refund based on todays facts, but still, i'm not sure how successful you'll be as previous posts have said that it's not likely unless the guest cancels.

I would try and contact the organisers telling them you are concerned on grounds of H&S that you feel its unsafe to attend!

Thanks for the reply mate but I feel contacting the organisers is impossible, where would I start at this time? I've been waiting for an official announcement. I feel really let down and the whole thing is an absolute mess. Never again in a million years!

Thanks for the reply mate but I feel contacting the organisers is impossible, where would I start at this time? I've been waiting for an official announcement. I feel really let down and the whole thing is an absolute mess. Never again in a million years!

I've actually contacted Showmasters via Facebook message a couple of times in the last week and got a reply the same afternoon, i'm not sure how that would go down. I'm not sure how easy it will be tonight as crap hit the fan today so i'm sure they're working on some sort of statement for today. I would wait and see what they say before making any decision about tomorrow.

It's a crap situation though because if i was in your position i'd feel gutted wasting money, not turning up. But then if you risk going you might lose a day and your money too.

Try PM'ing Queen_Sindel and ask if she can help. I've only been on these forums for a few days myself but she seems the most helpful by far

Wish you the best of luck anyway!

Edited by Aearin

"I bet it will still be rammed inside though, but that can't really be helped"

errr........yes it can.

I mean best case scenario it will be packed out as we've seen this weekend. Whether or not they decide to sell more tickets than capacity again tomorrow is upto them