Doctor Who Tour (Unofficial)

JPGow

Hey guys,

I will be going down to Cardiff a couple of days early and staying a couple days after the event and would like to do a Doctor Who tour however there are no tours on during the event

Is there anyone else that would be interested, we can see if we can get a privet tour organised

This is the company doing the tours: http://britmovietours.com/

JP

Heyy :) weird how this thread popped up as my friend and I were also discussing a Doctor Who tour! xD

We arrive very early on the Saturday morning and leave very late Sunday night, which doesn't really give much time for anything :/

But we'd be interested!

Yeah after looking at things on-line it did seem that there was something going on that weekend, good thing that I am coming down early

will probably do the Dr Who experience on the Mon as I am going to Newcastle after for the con, making a holiday out of them both

Last year we went down to Cardiff and then did a tour of our own, you can find details of many of the locations on the web, just search for Doctor Who Cardiff Locations as I don't think I am allowed to post it. There are quite a lot just in the area around where the Doctor Who Experience and the BBC Wales Studio, but if you want you can go further afield there is plenty to see.

besides the dr who experience ( which is the bay) on the other side where the restaurants are etc( 5 mins walk from the DWE) there are some dr who/torchwood locations right next to reach other

the torchwood tower is right in the middle of the bay - next to it is the cardiff visitor centre ( torchwood) its where jack and gwen stand on its roof).

head towards the the water and turn right and walk alongside the water you will eventually get toIanto's shirne ( back entrance to the torchwood hub now a shrine to Ianto)

turn around and follow the water untill you reach a ramp leading the the National Assembly of Wales Building the grey stone steps are the focus (torchwood) its where gwen and rhys are sitting eating an ice cream after rhys learns about aliens /torchwood

You can the walk over to the dr who experience in about 5 mins you cant miss it , its a bug blue building, there may be a water bus running to the DWE if so when you reach the other side you walk up "tardis walk" where you walk underneath a tradis

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to give anyone a tour myself. Massive Who fan and have done impromptu tours before for strangers visiting the bay. If you are interested let me know on here and I'll see if we can work something out :)

Even though I lived in Cardiff fo four years I never got around to doing a concerted Who/Torchwood tour. I know there are a lot of sites near the University (which isn't far from the con venue) and most of Cardiff City Centre seems to have been featured in the shows (OK, this may be an exaggeration...).

Would love to join people on a wander on the Friday if anyone is going?

Also, just thought, if a tour happens and people want photos in specific locations I will have my camera with me - I'm happy to take high quality photos for people and share them on Dropbox etc.

Edited by sapphonica

I would be up for having a wonder on the Fri, I will be in town on the Wed night so need something to fill all the time I have before the con

OK, well if anyone is able to do the 'tour' itself I'll happily come along to take photos etc. Would quite enjoy a tour!

And don't worry about things to do - Cardiff has so much going on, my favourite touch being little sculptures inside some bollards around St David's 2 shopping centre!

All right I think Friday is going to be my doctor who day, if anyone wants to join me in just wondering from place to place

I have looked up some places on-line and most of them seem close to each other