Champions League of Horror, The Semi Finals

smcelhenny

So here we are, 32 films started the competition only 4 remain. Who will make the first ever champions league of horror Final? Same rules apply, vote for which film you want to see win out the two match ups and the films with the most votes will win the match and go through to the final. Voting ends next Friday at 8 O'clock. The match ups are as follow

Semi Final 1

The Exorcist Vs Halloween

Semi Final 2

Gremlins Vs Jaws

So there you have it, two potentially fascinating matches and an interesting cross section of films in the final four.

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween is our first Champions League of Horror finalist however Jaws and Gremlins are tied after extra time with three votes apiece.

The only way to decide who goes through now is by good old fashioned debate as to which one should go through. After hearing the arguments for and against I will impartially decide which one goes through to face Halloween for the first ever Champions League final.

Both are great classic movies which I cannot even guess as to how many times I've watched. It was a tough choice for me as both are childhood favourites, but Jaws is and always will be one of the all-time greats. In my opinion, the score by John Williams alone is worthy of the final place.

If it gets through to the final with Halloween, I don't think I'll be able to choose.