FREESERVE IS s***

houdinia

i don't wish to make wild allegations so here's my case...

i signed up for freeserve broadband on 25th March. (had to do this on the phone as the website doesn't work)

was told it'd be connected in 7-10 days

i've been checking my broadband modem for two weeks. trying to connect and failing

whenever i phone the freeserve helpline they say their sytems have been "down". they've been saying that for a week.

didn't worry too much as i knew they'd send me a connection confirmation email as promised on the website. then i'd have a week before my old anytime service was discontinued.

freeserve connected me to broadband a week ago but failed to send me the confirmation email as promised. as their helpline is, ironically, unhelpful i was unaware of the impending disconnection of my anytime account

i have no internet access from today

ergo... FREESERVE IS s***

HOUDINIA

well i had to go out and buy a new cable then move the pc across the room to check the service... guess what... freeserve is still s***. i've spent the whole day confirming what i told them earlier. broadband is not working!!!!

HOUDINIA

well i had to go out and buy a new cable then move the pc across the room to check the service... guess what... freeserve is still s***. i've spent the whole day confirming what i told them earlier. broadband is not working!!!!

HOUDINIA

I would record all the conversations you have had with them, threaten them with trading standards and reporting them to watch dog, and then I bet you'll get results, works for me everytime!!!!

Demand to speak with a manager, demand some freebies and the cost of phone calls as well. Especially if you have had to pay money up front. Alternatively try NTL, they are much better.

Vamps

xXx

HOUDINIA

H

It's not only freeserve. NTL is crap at Broadband too. I find sites close down or lock up without reason, my screen looks like an alien attack is imminent, and I'm worse off now than when I was on dial up.

Don't even get me started on the workings of MSN and Broadband.

Hope it all works out for you soon

Obi-Wan :rolleyes:

HOUDINIA

I would record all the conversations you have had with them, threaten them with trading standards and reporting them to watch dog, and then I bet you'll get results, works for me everytime!!!!

Demand to speak with a manager, demand some freebies and the cost of phone calls as well. Especially if you have had to pay money up front. Alternatively try NTL, they are much better.

Vamps

xXx

LOL

Just read this after I posted!

Not in my region it's not V!

HOUDINIA

Vamps

xXx

LOL

Just read this after I posted!

Not in my region it's not V!

LOL just read this too, LOL, I'm special thats why it works for me!!!!!!!

They know not to mess with me thats why LOL

Kick them Houdi, kick them hard! I think you need to make an official complaint to someone high up and just tell them that your other half works for trading standards :lol: I used that when I went to argos, I brought a TV, they said that it was in stock, but it wasnt.! So they gave me a different one, I said thats the wrong one, so they get a catalougue and it says something like, if not in stock an alternative one will be sold but will be either the same in price or a nearest one at a higher price! So they give me this TV that £30 cheaper than what I actually paid! So I said no way Mr either you give me what it says imentitled to or im going to report you to trading standards, my Dad works for them! So they soon buggered off and came back with a TV £30 more than what I paid! Well thats my story and it worked! Hope you get something sorted out Houdi :lol:

I have found Freeserve OK..

I was connected in 4 days instead of the quoted 2 weeks..

Only trouble is that they also charged me for a month's worth of dial up Anytime after a week before going Broadband and after initially promising a refund, then refused when I chased them up..

No problem, a letter was sent stating an intention to move subscriber soon sorted it out.. They refunded my Dial-up month in full..

I find boradband doesn't drop out as often as dial-up and one main drawback is that e-mails come so fast as well as pop-ups, it is hard to control them.. I must now get 100+ spam e-mails a day.. It is unstoppable..

Edited by dragonmate1

Kick them Houdi, kick them hard! I think you need to make an official complaint to someone high up and just tell them that your other half works for trading standards :lol: I used that when I went to argos, I brought a TV, they said that it was in stock, but it wasnt.! So they gave me a different one, I said thats the wrong one, so they get a catalougue and it says something like, if not in stock an alternative one will be sold but will be either the same in price or a nearest one at a higher price! So they give me this TV that £30 cheaper than what I actually paid! So I said no way Mr either you give me what it says imentitled to or im going to report you to trading standards, my Dad works for them! So they soon buggered off and came back with a TV £30 more than what I paid! Well thats my story and it worked! Hope you get something sorted out Houdi :lol:

haha! Sweeeeet! they didn't make u pay an extra 30 pounds more? Did this actually happen...