AUTOGRAPHS?

HannahL16

Hi I am attending LFCC this year and this will be my second Showmasters show. I went to collectormania but I only got a couple of autographs there. I was just wondering how the virtual queueing system works when you want to obtain autographs from a lot of guests. I want to get the autographs of maybe 7 or less guests. What is the process and the best advice for getting all these autographs? Like what happens if you get your ticket but then you miss your number? Can someone just give me some advice with regards to getting lots of autographs?

Also do the guests normally stay till like closing time and what time do they normally start signing as I have an early bird ticket and I was wondering if I could get some of their autographs early?

Would really appreciate hearing your advice. thanks for reading

Hannah

• Like 1

• Moderators

You cannot miss your turn unless you leave it so late that the guest has left. Collect VQ tickets for all guests that you want that are using them as early as you can in the morning - you can have VQ tickets for as many different guests at the same time as you want. When your number is below the top number listed on their board you can join the queue - if it says 1-400, you can still join even if you have ticket number 3!

Most guests will stay fairly close to the end of the show if they are busy - if it gets quiet some may leave earlier; sometimes a guest has some other commitment that can also mean they leave before closing. The majority start signing by about half an hour after opening - some are there right at opening, some are a little later, but as long as they're in the building on time it won't usually be too late.

• Moderators

How fast (and in what increments) the numbers go up is entirely down to how fast the guest signs, and the discretion of the person running the VQs (and their pit boss). They usually go up in fairly small increments, though - I've seen it be done in 10s.

But like what if you had number 3 and it had already gone like what if you had number 3 and then they were calling for 50-100 ?

They're not going to call for 50-100. The batches that are called will be 1-25, 1-50, 1-75 and so on. A lower ticket number will never drop off the "called" list.

Ok so if I had like number 3 I could still join the 75-100 queue? does getting a ticket mean that you can join the queue and does it like guarantee a place in the queue whatever number?

There is no 75-100 queue. ;) The first queue called is usually 1 to 25 and then with the second call to 1 to 50. But yes, ticket 3 can still go when numbers up to 100 are called.

You can go any time after your number has been called. I'll use a higher number to explain. Ticket 30 can not go when tickets 1-25 has been called, but as soon as tickets 1-50 has been called. If the owner of ticket 30 decides to wait until tickets 1-500 have been called they can still join the line.

A ticket does guarantee you a place in the virtual line, yes. However: if you get a really high ticket number you may not get to see the guest/get to join the actual queue. Some sign more fast than others.

One last question my dad and his girlfriend are coming with me so will they need tickets to join the queue with me? They won't be getting autographs just standing with me.

If Virtual Queuing is in place for the guest that you want to see then each person will require an individual Virtual Queue ticket even if the others are not getting an autograph. Only one is handed out per person so each person will have to collect their own.

I wouldn't worry, it all works very smoothly, you just need to remember for some of the more popular guests you will want to get there early to get a low virtual queue ticket, particularly if you have to leave earlier in the day.

Most guests sign pretty quickly, but there are one or two that aren't as fast, but the crew will try their best to get as many people through as is possible before the show closes.

I've been going since Collectormania 2 and if I have had a virtual queue ticket, I've always been able to get an auto, even if it meant waiting till right till the end of the day, the closest I think was Sean Astin at Collectormania 4, I think I got to see him about 2 minutes before 6.00 p.m. and he was literally starting to pack up and go for an evening talk I think.

• 3 weeks later...

The most important things are...

1) get there as early as you can if you are hoping to get a 'big' guest. Queues will normally start outside the venue for goldpass, early bird and pay-at-the-door attendees. If there is a certain someone that is a more unusual guest from the States...get there early and be as close to the door as you can.

2) don't panic regarding how the ticket system works. It's a good system that allows you to get a ticket for one star, but not have to do all the waiting around there and then...you can go off and get other VTs for the other guest you want to get autos from. Once you have your ticket for your first guest, go off and get the next VT for the next star on your list.

3) just to confirm, if you have a nice low number like, say...5, and when you come back from collecting your other VTs you can see that the numbers called are shown as "100-150" what that actually means is that tickets 1 through to 150 can join the queue at any time. Your time has not passed and you have not missed your chance and cannot miss your chance unless you decide to go home!

Rather, if you think of it as saying "1 - 150" instead of just "100-150". It will mean that " Ticket Number 1 through to....whatever number they have got to" can join the queue.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SlippDigby

3) just to confirm, if you have a nice low number like, say...5, and when you come back from collecting your other VTs you can see that the numbers called are shown as "100-150" what that actually means is that tickets 1 through to 150 can join the queue at any time. Your time has not passed and you have not missed your chance and cannot miss your chance unless you decide to go home!

Rather, if you think of it as saying "1 - 150" instead of just "100-150". It will mean that " Ticket Number 1 through to....whatever number they have got to" can join the queue.

Hope this helps.

In fact the sign will actually say 1-150, they always start at 1 and only the second number ever changes.