Online Shop Closing Dates

I ordered my tickets on Friday 20th. I received an email yesterday night, 2 and half hours after the online shop shut, saying that my order had been cancelled due to error. Is there any way this can be sorted before the event, I did get in there early and I don't see why it took a week to respond as most things you buy online tell you instantly if there is a problem!? I have sent an email on advice from the help desk but I've not heard back. Can anyone on here help?

I ordered my tickets on Friday 20th. I received an email yesterday night, 2 and half hours after the online shop shut, saying that my order had been cancelled due to error. Is there any way this can be sorted before the event, I did get in there early and I don't see why it took a week to respond as most things you buy online tell you instantly if there is a problem!? I have sent an email on advice from the help desk but I've not heard back. Can anyone on here help?

David has already explained the reason for the delay. If you get one of these messsages you'd have to place a new order. And as the store is closed now I'm afraid that means you will have to buy on the day.

Disappointing to say the least. Now that this flaw has been pointed out maybe you can work to resolve it or develop a new system? I ordered well before the closing date, no other online ticket service operates this way and as much as I love you guys, this is poor customer service. Is there no way I can book in advance? I'm happy to give details over the phone!

Is anyone going to answer my second question?

Sorry - we are on here a lot but sometimes it takes the mods more than 20 minutes to reply. ;)

Disappointing to say the least. Now that this flaw has been pointed out maybe you can work to resolve it or develop a new system? I ordered well before the closing date, no other online ticket service operates this way and as much as I love you guys, this is poor customer service. Is there no way I can book in advance? I'm happy to give details over the phone!

This is a new system. You will now automatically get this e-mail when the card is refused. Before that even those e-mails were sent manually. There are development plans for the future I can't currently comment on, but the system has already been improved.

We keep repeating that the charges are done manually. The closer you book to store deadlines the more chances are your order will be caught in a huge wave of orders and processing isn't instant.

I am very sorry, but the store is closed. There is no way to book in advance anymore.

New system? It's the only one I know of that doesn't sell tickets instantly and I buy tickets for all over the place, even the smallest of venues sell instantly. A week is a long time to wait, did you get more staff in to do a big push before the shop shut? I used to work for an independent record label, we got lucky with one of our artists and within a year they sold out Wembly arena. That's a lot of people. This was years ago so we did it manually too but the three of us in the office got it done in a week. It just seems crazy to me, I'm really disappointed.

There does seem to be no flexibility with regards the ticket office closing and any "issues" you my have once it's closed, which is disappointing.I have been wanting to buy tickets for over a week, but having no internet prevented this. It was just a simple request, i was not bullshi@ing anyone, it was a genuine reason, and all I wanted was 2 early bird tickets. Never ever missed the shop closing before, and the one time I needed some assistance, a bit of give and take, customer "satisfaction" and the response is no. The door was shut, slam bam in my face. Disappointing to say the least.

• Moderators

The online store closing date is there to allow all orders to be processed and sent in time for people to get their tickets before the event.

Add late orders to this and it starts getting a lot messier. Plus allow this for one person and why not everyone else who wants to order?

There has to be a cut-off date. It's not like tickets aren't available on the door.

• Like 1