LOTR guests

Ok i've sat at my computer since October waiting and waiting and twidling my thumbs and waitinga bit more for some major LOTR guests. WHEN R THEY GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED IF THEIR GONNA B ANNOUCED!!! I need to know cos not knowing is killing me. Plz answer showmansters or anyone with info before i go mad!!!

Luv and Hugs

Debra

xxx

I think that Showmasters have done their best with the guests already announced, they've got a nice variety going on. We have to remember that this isn't a LOTR fest. I think Brad Dourif is a great major guest and the others are cool too. Showmasters have hinted there might be another major LOTR guest but even if they don't manage to get one, I think we should thank them for who they have managed to get, they're doing a fantastic job.

~Elven~

Yeah, I'd consider Brad Dourif a major LOTR guest, he's one I'm sure not a lot of us have already met and he's a big guest from other things too. I love meeting the LOTR guests but i think we have enough for this event already. If they announce any more, it'll cost alot to meet them all.

Plus, if you have too many 'major' guests for LOTR at the event, you get the situation that happened at C4, where it was really crowded and less enjoyable than C3. There were a lot of disappointed people who were unable to meet them, and I think it's better when there are less of the major guests because it's less likely to be as crowded.

~Elven~

• Moderators

Showmasters have already clearly stated before that they are working on getting a major LOTR for Collectormania 5, so the ONLY thing we can do is wait and see what happens ...

If I may just say one thing - PLEASE don't EVER expect a re-run of C4, I think getting THAT many MAJOR LOTR guests was purely exceptional circumstances and it's very VERY unrealistic for anyone to ever expect that to happen at every event - Collectormania has always had a variety of guests, not 30 major A-List Hollywood stars, so we have to stay realistic with our expectations :lol: Yes, it's possible that they'll get a major guest or a couple, but they don't *have* to .. I can imagine it's very hard work! And it shouldn't make us less appreciative of the ones we DO get :lol:

I think that Showmasters have done their best with the guests already announced, they've got a nice variety going on. We have to remember that this isn't a LOTR fest. I think Brad Dourif is a great major guest and the others are cool too. Showmasters have hinted there might be another major LOTR guest but even if they don't manage to get one, I think we should thank them for who they have managed to get, they're doing a fantastic job.

~Elven~

WELL SAID :lol:

Ok i've sat at my computer since October waiting and waiting and twidling my thumbs and waitinga bit more for some major LOTR guests. WHEN R THEY GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED IF THEIR GONNA B ANNOUCED!!! I need to know cos not knowing is killing me. Plz answer showmansters or anyone with info before i go mad!!!

Luv and Hugs

Debra

xxx

Collecotrmania isnt a Lord of the Rings show so why should they be announcing a major LotR star?

:unsure: Hopefully LOTR actors will never be mentioned in

the upcoming weeks.!! Haven't you got enough actors coming. :lol:

It's petty comments like this that spark off arguments and create divisions between certain forum members!

I can understand that you may be annoyed, but try not to cause any friction, ok?

I think the reason that people are waiting for a 'major' LOTR guest is that Showmasters did mention something in another thread about one being announced soon.

That's the only reason people are asking - not because they are taking it for granted that more LOTR people should be there!!!!

We have BRAD after all!!!!! LOL

Love and stuff :unsure:

Not that I have have anything against Lord Of The Rings but there hasn't been ANY announcements for Harry Potter and Buffy/Angel stars AT ALL - I would be hapy with just one star from each. I have been waiting for just any one guest I would like to see and haven't moaned that no one I want hasn't been announced since October. Having six guests from LOTR already - don't you think you have more than enough? Afterall it isn't Ringsomania.

*This is just my opinion which I felt I neede to voice, it is not aimed to cause arguement*

Afterall it isn't Ringsomania.

I think this point has been driven home and back again now!!!!!!

I totally agree with you!!!! I'm quite happy for there not to be any more LOTR guests.

And I agree - we need some HP ones!!!

But all I was saying is that personally attacking people just causes more problems.

I have a feeling that some people are doing it just to get a rise! Silly billys! LOL

Anyway, hello - nice to meet ya!!!!!!! I join your campaign for HP STARS!!!!! Woo hoo :huh:

Im just looking forward to whoever they anounce, I personaly find it fun, and adds to the excitement to speculate who the "major" LOTR person may be. I may not be getting any autographs from the people who are there so far, but I get really excited when they announce a new person, what ever they are from, I mean how cool is it they have got Peter Mayhew! All the Starwars fans must be so excited, I know my sister is soo upset she cant attend and meet him.

I think the lineup is really good, it is very different from C4 but as people say, that was a unique expirience which may never happen again, when many many new people found out about Collectormania, and have subsequently joined the forum, I also do not thinks the likes of C3 or earlier is ever likely to take place again, as so many new people know and love SM events, It can only get bigger! we must all forget about comparing it to earlier events, cause they will never be the same again!

Naomi

:blink: