problems with the forum?

twinzz

hey, is anyone else having problems with the forum (ones they've been having for a few weeks now?) we can't press enter for white space, cuz it doesn't, sending PM's (or message feed, or whatever it's called) is a disaster ... it's kind of annoying, actually - people we know can't access the forum, and if they can, they can't reply to certain topics cuz they "don't have a right to"?

Edited by twinzz

There is an issue with the current version of Internet Explorer and the forum software with regards to pressing 'enter' in posts. Previous versions/other browsers work fine.

Jael001 has explained the PM's.

What topics can't be replied to?

Your friends that can't access the forum... are they getting an error message? What's happening? We had a problem with the forum not loading, but so far that only seemed to hit UK users and I really though that was fixed.

Ideally if you can e-mail me with the names of your friends and the topics they have problems with I can look things up in the admin log. Alternatively if you can post some topic examples here that may already be enough.

The "message feed"... are you meaning the function where you can follow a topic?

the only issue I have is that the return key dosnt work its not been working for a long time

As explained above that's a problem with Internet Explorer and should be fixed eventually with either forum software updates or an IE update. Unfortunately besides reporting the bug (which I've personally done a couple of times) there's not much we can do about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a slightly different problem... if I use the Invision Power Boards app on my iPhone and sign in, I can navigate the forum as expected - but any time I go to a thread, it needs top open it in an external window.

I admin an IPB board myself so I know it's not the app, as my site is working fine. It's not a major issue, but it's a bit odd. I know IPB can get bogged down in crap especially when you've been online as long as our sites have!

I have a slightly different problem... if I use the Invision Power Boards app on my iPhone and sign in, I can navigate the forum as expected - but any time I go to a thread, it needs top open it in an external window.

I admin an IPB board myself so I know it's not the app, as my site is working fine. It's not a major issue, but it's a bit odd. I know IPB can get bogged down in crap especially when you've been online as long as our sites have!

Agreed - odd. I use the app and have never had that issue. Although I do get a different problem - sometimes the 'loading' message does not disappear. Annoying lol.