OBI-WAN - Reasons to be leaving

Indiana

By the end of this week I will no longer post on this forum.

Most of you know this already, some have asked why and want reasons, some aren't bothered and think I should just disappear without saying anything...but then there would always be the assumption that I would return...and I won't, and that means that I will not be adopting an alias either. Bottom line - I'm not posting here again...but I will still watch.

I want to make a few things clear. Despite what has been written, nothing written on this forum, or outside of it has pissed me off personally. Believe me it really doesn't mean that much to me, and the only reason I'm writing this now is because some people seem to want answers.

So here are a few of my reasons for leaving.

My main reason is I'm bored. I'm bored of the same old same old that I have read on these forums everyday. Nobody has anything interesting left to say, including me, and conversations just go round in circles. It's the same guests being requested, the same mind numbingly dull threads, comments that have been stated a thousand times on several different threads. I read through this and feel like I have Deja Vu everyday. And before anyone says it - yes I know I am as guilty as the rest of you of participating in this, but I even got bored myself and soon stopped.

I'm tired of all of the alias's too - I mean, what's the point? I really couldn't be bothered working out who was who, I just didn't care that much.

There is too much of a bias towards satisfying LOTR and Harry Potter fans on this forum and this show in general too. I understand that these films have their fans which is fair enough, but Bohan and I are crying out for decent horror movie related celebrities, especially Bruce Campbell, and it appears our pleas fall on deaf ears. I'm not prepared to attend a show that is biased in this fashion. Create a one off LOTR and Harry Potter show - get all the guests there in one go and be done with it, but for the sake of Collectormania lets have more variety.

I'm also bothered that we cannot share news of other celebrity signings here on this forum. Showmasters know we will go behind the forums back and share anyway so what is the point of deleting posts telling posters where their favourite celebrity will be signing? I appreciate that you put a lot of hard work and effort, not to mention money, into getting your guests but other people do too. More often than not these signings are on different days to your shows so will not affect you. You may think you are protecting your shows, which is fair enough, but I would be pretty pissed if someone here knew that my favourite celebrity was in town, posted a message here, only for you to delete it. Maybe I'll start a signings listing at my own website.

Well. That's all I can think of for now. There probably is other stuff, but it's early in the morning and I need time to think it all through.

Obi-Wan ;) Appearing until Friday - unless Showmasters boot him lol!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone and Obi Wan,

I have read this post with interest, and whilst we usually just let things ride, I feel that we will be doing ourselves an injustice not to address Obi's points. So here goes :

By the end of this week I will no longer post on this forum.

Most of you know this already, some have asked why and want reasons, some aren't bothered and think I should just disappear without saying anything...but then there would always be the assumption that I would return...and I won't, and that means that I will not be adopting an alias either. Bottom line - I'm not posting here again...but I will still watch.

I want to make a few things clear. Despite what has been written, nothing written on this forum, or outside of it has pissed me off personally. Believe me it really doesn't mean that much to me, and the only reason I'm writing this now is because some people seem to want answers.

So here are a few of my reasons for leaving.

My main reason is I'm bored. I'm bored of the same old same old that I have read on these forums everyday. Nobody has anything interesting left to say, including me, and conversations just go round in circles. It's the same guests being requested, the same mind numbingly dull threads, comments that have been stated a thousand times on several different threads. I read through this and feel like I have Deja Vu everyday. And before anyone says it - yes I know I am as guilty as the rest of you of participating in this, but I even got bored myself and soon stopped.

I feel that this whole quote is very unfair, particularly on the other members of the forum. The forum is what all of you, its community, make it. Obi Wan you are a part of that community and have also shared the responsibility for how it has developed. You may now feel that you no longer want to be a part of it, but to effectively put two fingers up at everyone else on here is wrong. From this point of view, I think this point would certainly have been better if you had not made it. ( Or you could certainly have made it without being quite so derrogatory ).

I think we all agree that topics go off thread sometimes, and even become a bit silly. But in a sense so what?! We are quite a way from the show, and no doubt as it draws nearer we will need to all try and keep to topic a bit more, and ensure that threads are in the correct place. I am also sure that discussion will focus far more on the actual event and it's workings, aswell as general chat. However, at the moment I see the forum as a place where it's community come and enjoy chatting about whatever, whether it be the show or not, very much as if they were in a pub or coffee bar. What is so wrong with that? No-one has to take part, or even look at it if they don't want to. Questions about the show can be asked, and will be answered where appropriate, but when we are 3 months away it would be a pretty ' boring ' place if there was no other discussion. I for one, both like the community that you have all developed here, and in many ways I am proud of it!

I'm tired of all of the alias's too - I mean, what's the point? I really couldn't be bothered working out who was who, I just didn't care that much.

I will agree that the aliases can be frustrating, but I really don't think there are that many on here, or that they are ridiculously intrusive.

There is too much of a bias towards satisfying LOTR and Harry Potter fans on this forum and this show in general too. I understand that these films have their fans which is fair enough, but Bohan and I are crying out for decent horror movie related celebrities, especially Bruce Campbell, and it appears our pleas fall on deaf ears. I'm not prepared to attend a show that is biased in this fashion. Create a one off LOTR and Harry Potter show - get all the guests there in one go and be done with it, but for the sake of Collectormania lets have more variety.

I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POINT AT ALL. At C3 we had a total of 31 guests, of which only 5 were LOTR and 3 HP. ( That 3 also includes Warwick Davis who is also a prominent Star Wars character ). That's 8 guests, or approximately a quarter of the show devoted to what are without doubt the 2 most popular movie franchises of the past few years. Is that really too many???????!!!

For C4 we currently have 9 guests listed, only 3 of which are from LOTR or HP. We have around 21 more guests to announce. How can anyone possibly say that this is a bias towards these films? We are very particular when organising our guests, and we try to provide someone for everyone. Collectormania is a main stream event, and we want to be able to attract visitors from all walks of life. I feel that C3 had perhaps the best variation of guests ever seen a at show in this country. I know that C4 will also have a good variety, but I feel that it would be very amiss of us not to cater well for 2 of the most popular movies of modern times.

So far as horror guests are concerned, again we have brought you Robert Englund, Doug Bradley, Rutger Hauer and Michael Berryman in previous shows. ( All of whom I class as great guests ). We do listen to everyone on the forum so far as guest suggestions are concerned, but we do not comment on guests until we have signed contract with them. Just because we haven't listed a horror guest yet doesn't mean that there won't be any, or that you won't get some of the people you have asked for ).

I'm also bothered that we cannot share news of other celebrity signings here on this forum. Showmasters know we will go behind the forums back and share anyway so what is the point of deleting posts telling posters where their favourite celebrity will be signing? I appreciate that you put a lot of hard work and effort, not to mention money, into getting your guests but other people do too. More often than not these signings are on different days to your shows so will not affect you. You may think you are protecting your shows, which is fair enough, but I would be pretty pissed if someone here knew that my favourite celebrity was in town, posted a message here, only for you to delete it. Maybe I'll start a signings listing at my own website.

There are several reasons behind us not wanting to allow posts relating to other events on the forum. Firstly, we do not want to implicitly endorse events that we have no control over, especially when we feel that certain events are not good value for money, or run well at all. The last thing we would want is for any of our forum members to attend a show and have a bad day, or feel that they were ripped off etc. We are responsible for our own actions, and can be held accountable for them.

Secondly, like it or not, there is rivalry between event organisers, and when we have certain other event organisers doing everything they can to try and damage Collectormania I would hope you would understand that we do not wish to help them. Do you think it is right for other organisers to approach guests we announce and bad mouth Collectormania and ourselves, and then try and steal the guest for their own event.? No, I don't either, and therefore why should we allow them to benefit from advertising through our business. This has happened on 12 seperate occasions that we are aware of!

Thirdly, you may not think that other events affect Collectormania, but indirectly they do, whether they are on the same day or not. I know of one specific guest that would have appeared at Collectormania in the near future, and now will not be able to. I think I am correct in saying that Collectormania is the only event of it's kind in this country where there is no entrance fee. Therefore, the huge number of people that would have been able to see this guest for free, will now have to pay, and be far more limited in numbers. I am also prepared to bet that the autograph fee will be more than £15!!!!!!!!!!! ( Which is what it would have been at Collectormania ).

Well. That's all I can think of for now. There probably is other stuff, but it's early in the morning and I need time to think it all through.

Obi-Wan  Appearing until Friday - unless Showmasters boot him lol!

Obi, I know that the above must feel like a rant at you. It is not, but I did feel that you raised points that could not go unanswered. I wouldn't ' boot you off ' for voicing your opinions. You are entitled to them, and I have no problem with you voicing them. That's the great thing about freedom of speach, we can agree to disagree.

I am sorry that you do not feel you wish to be part of this community any more, but it is your choice. I hope that one day you will want to come back onto the forum, and that you may, if not agree with any of the things I have written above, at least understand my point of view.

I wish you the best with everything, and hope that when we have announced all our guests you will want to attend C4.

All the best,

Mark

Showmasters

Did'nt know he was leaving.....

Obi- Wan dont stop posting messages, Look,

Its not Showmasters fault at all, but i was just thinking

Instead of leaving, maybe add a few posts every so often

then you wont be so bored! :D

If you do leave this Friday, then i'm sorry that your posts had

to end that way, as you were one of the people i liked the on this

board.

Well anyhow, im gonna be off, so i wich you all the best.... "Hope to see

you at a convention sometime, you got me e-mail" :angry::D

Regards,

Adam

Who was this guest Showmasters, and why cant they appear at the next event? Was it Carrie Fisher?

Thirdly, you may not think that other events affect Collectormania, but indirectly they do, whether they are on the same day or not. I know of one specific guest that would have appeared at Collectormania in the near future, and now will not be able to. I think I am correct in saying that Collectormania is the only event of it's kind in this country where there is no entrance fee. Therefore, the huge number of people that would have been able to see this guest for free, will now have to pay, and be far more limited in numbers. I am also prepared to bet that the autograph fee will be more than £15!!!!!!!!!!! ( Which is what it would have been at Collectormania ).

Edited by Adam

I personally feel that the use of the word 'community' is not a very accurate description. For those that live in a 'decent' community, you will find that there are NOT those who attempt to push their own likes and dislikes upon you, there is NOT constant whining from those not getting there own way and dogs do NOT crap on your grass.

A community has something called community spirit which enables everyone to get along, be friendly and helpful. How can there be form of community spirit here when you cannot trust the person you are talking because this could end up as another alias. Or there are those who keep going on about the same guests turning up and posting threads in areas that they shouldnt be. Surely this ends up like having neighbours from hell in our little community.

As we have seen in a real society, this will eventually end in the downfall of the comunity. As more and more people create more alias' and moan and complain about the guests, people will start to move away.

This is pretty evident in Obi leaving.

I'll miss ya mate

Well what can I say, I think a few good points have been raised by each party concerned and I for one will be sorry to see Obi go (please stay).

But in all honestly is it any wonder no-one has got anything to talk about that is Collectormania related. At the end of day you have to understand that this is a quiet time, it is after all like 3 months before C4.

I like coming to this forum, I have met some lovely people here, I have had a laugh and if anyone has any suggestions to make it better, then let the showmasters know.

The alias thing is doing my head in also, it was funny at first but now it isn't. I have also come across some downright nasty people on here. In fact i was so disgusted by what someone wrote last week on the forum, that i had a go back at them. The showmasters will know what I am on about, because luckily they deleted the posts before too many people got to see them.

But apart from that, there not a right lot else that i can say, other than hope to see ya around Obi and keep in touch!!!! ('cause i'll break your legs if ya don't lol)

Mark,

Okay I feel it is fair to answer yours and Showmasters points, but believe me this will not run on and on, come Friday I am still gone, and there will be no further responses to these comments from me. So here goes.

The forum is what all of you, its community, make it. Obi Wan you are a part of that community and have also shared the responsibility for how it has developed. You may now feel that you no longer want to be a part of it, but to effectively put two fingers up at everyone else on here is wrong. From this point of view, I think this point would certainly have been better if you had not made it.

Okay I think I took responsibility for my actions with this comment.

And before anyone says it - yes I know I am as guilty as the rest of you of participating in this, but I even got bored myself and soon stopped.

I'm not taking anything away from those that wish to continue posting in this manner, it's their choice, such as leaving the forum is mine, and I'm certainly not sticking two fingers up at them. I don't disrespect anybody here, I am just bored with the posts, and that is my right.

I think we all agree that topics go off thread sometimes, and even become a bit silly. But in a sense so what?!

The fact remains that these topics bore me. I don't wish to respond to a comment that has been made two or three or more times. What has been said once has been said, to see points repeated over and over again is...well...pointless. I know that I do not sit in a bar and ask the same questions repetitively, or make the same statements, so working to your analogy why should it happen here? The fact is, it does, and I don't wish to take that away from those who enjoy it, but I do wish to remove myself from it.

I will agree that the aliases can be frustrating, but I really don't think there are that many on here, or that they are ridiculously intrusive.

The aliases are not frustrating, just pointless.

I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POINT AT ALL. At C3 we had a total of 31 guests, of which only 5 were LOTR and 3 HP. ( That 3 also includes Warwick Davis who is also a prominent Star Wars character ). That's 8 guests, or approximately a quarter of the show devoted to what are without doubt the 2 most popular movie franchises of the past few years. Is that really too many???????!!!

For C4 we currently have 9 guests listed, only 3 of which are from LOTR or HP. We have around 21 more guests to announce. How can anyone possibly say that this is a bias towards these films? We are very particular when organising our guests, and we try to provide someone for everyone. Collectormania is a main stream event, and we want to be able to attract visitors from all walks of life. I feel that C3 had perhaps the best variation of guests ever seen a at show in this country. I know that C4 will also have a good variety, but I feel that it would be very amiss of us not to cater well for 2 of the most popular movies of modern times.

So far as horror guests are concerned, again we have brought you Robert Englund, Doug Bradley, Rutger Hauer and Michael Berryman in previous shows. ( All of whom I class as great guests ). We do listen to everyone on the forum so far as guest suggestions are concerned, but we do not comment on guests until we have signed contract with them. Just because we haven't listed a horror guest yet doesn't mean that there won't be any, or that you won't get some of the people you have asked for ).

Okay - fair comment. But in that instance say if you provide 8 LOTR stars for C4, can we then have 8 or more horror stars to redress the balance? If not in my calculation the number of LOTR stars outweighs the number of horror stars meaning that the show is LOTR biased.

Firstly, we do not want to implicitly endorse events that we have no control over, especially when we feel that certain events are not good value for money, or run well at all.

But why do you feel it is your place to make this kind of decision on behalf of your patrons? People should be allowed to decide for themselves. If I have a bad day at another show I'm not going to come storming back here having a go at you, the decision would have been purely my own to attend.

Secondly, like it or not, there is rivalry between event organisers, and when we have certain other event organisers doing everything they can to try and damage Collectormania I would hope you would understand that we do not wish to help them. Do you think it is right for other organisers to approach guests we announce and bad mouth Collectormania and ourselves, and then try and steal the guest for their own event.? No, I don't either, and therefore why should we allow them to benefit from advertising through our business. This has happened on 12 seperate occasions that we are aware of!

This I agree with, and is a fair point, but you must make it clear to the forum members here that this is what is going on. Without this knowledge it appears to forum members not in the know that there is just business rivalry going on, which appears petty.

Well okay I can see how this indirectly affects you, but if it is your public that you are truly concerned about does it really matter if this guest appeared at another show first if you can bring the same person to the people who wish to see them at Collectormania? I understand if it is a contractual issue between the organiser and the celebrity, that can sometimes be unavoidable, but if it is just an issue of 'Well we don't want you now because you went to their show first', I find that a little petty. Besides you have had stars that have attended other shows before yours - Ray Park, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch to name a few.

Obi, I know that the above must feel like a rant at you. It is not, but I did feel that you raised points that could not go unanswered. I wouldn't ' boot you off ' for voicing your opinions. You are entitled to them, and I have no problem with you voicing them. That's the great thing about freedom of speach, we can agree to disagree.

I am sorry that you do not feel you wish to be part of this community any more, but it is your choice. I hope that one day you will want to come back onto the forum, and that you may, if not agree with any of the things I have written above, at least understand my point of view.

I wish you the best with everything, and hope that when we have announced all our guests you will want to attend C4.

All the best,

Mark

Showmasters

Mark - I thank you for your comments, and best wishes, and I truly wish C4 the very best. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend as I will be in Los Angeles at the time.

Believe me my comments are not a rant either - I'm actually very laid back about this, (EV knows me now and he knows that I'm really not that bothered about the whole issue) and I would have gone quietly, but forum members pressed for an answer to why I was leaving, so I obliged.

Those that feel they will miss me here (lol!) know that they can contact me through my email, or leave a message on my photosite.

All the best to you all - Obi-Wan :yoda:

I personally feel that the use of the word 'community' is not a very accurate description. For those that live in a 'decent' community, you will find that there are NOT those who attempt to push their own likes and dislikes upon you, there is NOT constant whining from those not getting there own way and dogs do NOT crap on your grass.

A community has something called community spirit which enables everyone to get along, be friendly and helpful. How can there be form of community spirit here when you cannot trust the person you are talking because this could end up as another alias. Or there are those who keep going on about the same guests turning up and posting threads in areas that they shouldnt be. Surely this ends up like having neighbours from hell in our little community.

As we have seen in a real society, this will eventually end in the downfall of the comunity. As more and more people create more alias' and moan and complain about the guests, people will start to move away.

I'll miss ya mate

that's a bloody cheek coming from you. i suppose all your insults and bullying are acceptable... :yoda:

Well what can I say, I think a few good points have been raised by each party concerned and I for one will be sorry to see Obi go (please stay).

But in all honestly is it any wonder no-one has got anything to talk about that is Collectormania related.  At the end of day you have to understand that this is a quiet time, it is after all like 3 months before C4. 

I like coming to this forum, I have met some lovely people here, I have had a laugh and if anyone has any suggestions to make it better, then let the showmasters know.

The alias thing is doing my head in also, it was funny at first but now it isn't.  I have also come across some downright nasty people on here.  In fact i was so disgusted by what someone wrote last week on the forum, that i had a go back at them.  The showmasters will know what I am on about, because luckily they deleted the posts before too many people got to see them.

But apart from that, there not a right lot else that i can say, other than hope to see ya around Obi and keep in touch!!!! ('cause i'll  break your legs if ya don't lol)

i agree V...

i don't think there's any harm in a bit of fun but some of the stuff has gone too far at times. there is no way of knowing whether the really nasty stuff posted the other night was by an alias or just a drop-in visitor but is it relevant? it's still s***ty. That's what moderators are for and i don't think i've ever seen them make a bad call on deleting posts. i've seen far worse from "established" members who use the "i was only joking" defence though. at the end of the day you never know who anyone is whether they use aliases or not... welcome to the internet (and obi you should understand what i'm saying more than anyone else here :yoda: ).

i've seen stuff on here that i consider offensive / sad / boring / obscene / irrelevant etc. but i accept that it's only my personal perception. we have the right to say so if we feel things have gone too far and i respect Obi-Wan's views and his decision. i think it's a shame that it's all become so dramatic. i think that we're ALL guilty of going too far sometimes and i for one would hate to think that i genuinely upset someone for no reason. as much as i'd like i'm not going to beg him to stay just like i wouldn't beg anyone to leave... this is a forum after all.

despite their best efforts showmasters will never be able to please all of the people all of the time... c'est la vie. it's their forum, i'll leave it to their judgment

take care obi-wan ;)

p.s. i'd be interested to know if you emailed your opinions to showmasters before it came to this point....

Edited by houdinia

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Obi,

Thanks for the comments. I won't go through them all, as I don't think that we are very far away in from each other in what we are trying to say, and both points of view are valid. I do have some comments on the mentioning of other shows though, and I feel that it is an interesting and appropriate conversation to air now it has been brought up.

Firstly, we do not want to implicitly endorse events that we have no control over, especially when we feel that certain events are not good value for money, or run well at all.
But why do you feel it is your place to make this kind of decision on behalf of your patrons? People should be allowed to decide for themselves. If I have a bad day at another show I'm not going to come storming back here having a go at you, the decision would have been purely my own to attend.

This point is part and parcel of the further 2. Also, I would point out that almost no other events forum allows discussion of any other events, and on the odd occasion we do let names of other events remain on the site, but only when we are confident in the organisers ability to provide what we consider a decent show.

This I agree with, and is a fair point, but you must make it clear to the forum members here that this is what is going on. Without this knowledge it appears to forum members not in the know that there is just business rivalry going on, which appears petty.

I understand that it may appear that it is just business rivalry, but I can assure you it is not. Generally we do not like to air the politics that exist so far as organising events is concerned, as I am sure no-one really wants to hear about it. From the public's point of view if you enjoy an event then great. It doesn't matter who runs it. I agree with this, and have no desire to influenece anyones decision as to which events they attend or don't, as that is their decision and should just be based on whether they feel they will enjoy the event, and not on siding with specific organisers over others.

Well okay I can see how this indirectly affects you, but if it is your public that you are truly concerned about does it really matter if this guest appeared at another show first if you can bring the same person to the people who wish to see them at Collectormania? I understand if it is a contractual issue between the organiser and the celebrity, that can sometimes be unavoidable, but if it is just an issue of 'Well we don't want you now because you went to their show first', I find that a little petty. Besides you have had stars that have attended other shows before yours - Ray Park, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch to name a few.

As you point out, we do not have a problem bringing guests to Collectormania that have attended previous shows, as we have done this before. The real point here is that there often are contractual issues which would prevent us getting a specific guest, since most events have exclusivity clauses that prevent their guests from doing other events for a certain time before, and after their event. Also, just because a guest has made an appearance over here, doesn't mean that their appearance fee for the second event will be less, although the demand to see them almost certainly will. If a guest is incredibly expensive, it is very hard to justify them appearing at Collectormania when they have already done another event, since we do not have an entrance admission to fall back on, and if they prove not to be as popular as one would hope then that can leave a huge deficit on their appearance fee. As I hope you can see, it is not just a case of us ' throwing our toys out of our pram ', but genuine logistical and practical issues.

I hope that the above makes sense. Obi, I understand your other points, and agree with some of them. You are a valued member of the community, and I join others in saying it will be sad to see you go. I hope that you will come back, or even just post occasionally when the fancy takes you.

All the best

Mark

I personally feel that the use of the word 'community' is not a very accurate description.  For those that live in a 'decent' community, you will find that there are NOT those who attempt to push their own likes and dislikes upon you, there is NOT constant whining from those not getting there own way and dogs do NOT crap on your grass.

A community has something called community spirit which enables everyone to get along, be friendly and helpful.  How can there be form of community spirit here when you cannot trust the person you are talking because this could end up as another alias.  Or there are those who keep going on about the same guests turning up and posting threads in areas that they shouldnt be.  Surely this ends up like having neighbours from hell in our little community.

As we have seen in a real society, this will eventually end in the downfall of the comunity.  As more and more people create more alias' and moan and complain about the guests, people will start to move away.

I'll miss ya mate

that's a bloody cheek coming from you. i suppose all your insults and bullying are acceptable... :yoda:

Just as acceptable as your many forms of sexual harrassment and schizophrenic multiple aliases.

• Moderators

Well, I dunno really whether to be posting here or not, I mean I still feel like u guys (Obi, EV, H etc) are still the senior members of this place in a way, cuz u've been here longer n stuff (even tho i'm top poster, I still feel kinda new!) so I don't particularly wanna put any1 out of place but hey it's a forum, we're all free to put what we want soooo I will! And Obi, this isn't all directed at u, it's just a general thingy! :angry:

Firstly Obi, I can understand why u wanna leave. If you're not enjoying a forum, or getting anything out of it then obviously u wudnt wanna be there anymore. Just like reading a website, belonging to a magazine, or going to a particular shop .. if they no longer give u the service which u want, then u dont go there anymore. So, I've got no problem with u leaving if that's what makes u happy. I'm glad u haven't targetted anyone in particular, because I'm sure that no-one here would actually want to make u leave. I haven't had the chance to get to know u, as we've had problems in the past, but a lot of other people seem to have a good opinion of u .. and so I wish u the best. After all, it's just a forum, one website, not the end of the world and I'm sure u'll keep in touch with those who are important to u. And if u ever fancy a chat, u know my contact details, u'd be more than welcome to say hi.

Yeah, we had problems in the past, but I'm glad that got put aside and things have been good around here lately. I know what ur saying about people repeating things, or whateva .. comparing it to a pub I think .. well what I disagree with is the fact that there will always be new members posting here, and with new members come new AND old comments. No-one can actually read thru all the posts n see whats gone on. Yes, a lot of us r guilty of making the same requests n all that, Dom and THE SERKIS being two of the general main culprits, but again .. this is a forum, there are areas for C4 and Guest Suggestions - if people feel that they want to request someone, then they can. You do not feel the need to, so you don't. There's no rules about that kinda thing, so people are free to do what they wish.

I like the way that on here, generally everyone feels comfortable and welcome. No one is made to feel s*** by anyone (and if they do, it's usually on a rare occasion) and the good thing is that everyone is able to be honest and open most of the time. I mean, you for one, you were able to post ur exact feelings. I'd say that on the as featured on Watchdog noticeboard, they are a hell of a lot stricter from what I've read. I wrote ONE post saying that I wasn't entirely impressed with something, and got shot down and got told I was out of order by the host of the board. On the Collectormania board, at least we're allowed opinions. We can say that we want the website changed, we can say we don't like the running of it, and they'll take suggestions and I won't get called out of order! Yeah, I agree it's a community actually. I don't think anyone pushes their likes or dislikes, we're just all free to say them. We don't brainwash people into liking THE SERKIS, LOTR, HP etc etc we're just having fun by messing around with them n stuff. If I want Eliza Dushku, I'm allowed to say so, and I'm sorry if I repeat the fact sometimes but not everyone has to read every post.

Sure, I turn some threads into normal conversation. But just cuz in the games thread it might say "word association - c4 related" .. it's not a rule, and we can write what we want. I know we're stupid, mad, crazy, sometimes dumb .. if someone wants a serious intellectual chat, then there are places for that. I'm sure there are scholars and educational sites that offer philosophical and intelligent in depth discussion on movies and tv. If someone wants a thread about that, they can make it. But, I suggest that if they want a fun, friendly place where everyone gets along and has a laugh and ENJOYS posting ... there's nowhere better than the Collectormania board, and I can't see what's so wrong with that. People turn up to "conventions" to enjoy themselves, to see the guests that they want, and I can honestly say I would have had a LOT more fun at C3 if i'd known people that were going! I'm glad that I'm friends with H, Vampirer, Sarah, Tooty, Bling, Liv, Cordy, and everyone else! I've made some really great friends here, too many to list, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. And I CANT understand how ANYONE could say this is NOT a "decent" community, and thinking we are "neighbours from hell" ... sure, people get carried away with aliases, it's like many things .. starts off innocently and goes too far. Perhaps showmasters could control it a bit more? I'm not entirely sure about it all, but u know ... if someone annoys u, u ignore them, eventually they either go away or just get bored of it. U know, personally I wouldn't have imagined being top poster the way things have gone for me on here in the past...but u learn to focus on those that are genuine and caring and friendly, not those who spam with you. Why bother with those who you are unsure about, when there are those who you can totally trust and believe in?

I was in the same situation. I could have left, and I would have, but for some people who showed me that in between all the s*** that goes on, there's decency and happiness. Not just this forum, but in life itself. And those people know who they are, so thank you. And I'm sure it's those same people who Obi will keep in touch with. I think at the end of the day, people just have to accept it for what it is .. a bunch of ppl gettin together, havin fun, enjoyin talkin 2 each other .. and i dont see whats so wrong with that. I didn't particularly wanna get involved, im sometimes wonder if i'll be told that i'm one of the crap talkers and pointless posters etc and i dont wanna get into that particularly. But I don't wanna be scared to post in a forum that I enjoy, that the organisers are very friendly and hard working, and that the members are mainly friendly and welcoming. I can understand that they don't want to put on us the bitchy nature of competition and I like them keeping this place competition free and not having any slagging off of this, or any other place .. thats fair, and thats what makes this one of the, if not THE best conventions going.

Anyway, I was told by one person that I care too much about others' opinions, and that I should post, so I have. You don't have to agree, or disagree, but at least I feel comfortable enough to post my opinions and know that I'm not gonna get in trouble for them. And for that, I think Showmasters don't deserve people deserting them. Support is the only way these things work, and I'm sure giving mine.

I personally feel that the use of the word 'community' is not a very accurate description.  For those that live in a 'decent' community, you will find that there are NOT those who attempt to push their own likes and dislikes upon you, there is NOT constant whining from those not getting there own way and dogs do NOT crap on your grass.

A community has something called community spirit which enables everyone to get along, be friendly and helpful.  How can there be form of community spirit here when you cannot trust the person you are talking because this could end up as another alias.  Or there are those who keep going on about the same guests turning up and posting threads in areas that they shouldnt be.  Surely this ends up like having neighbours from hell in our little community.

As we have seen in a real society, this will eventually end in the downfall of the comunity.  As more and more people create more alias' and moan and complain about the guests, people will start to move away.

I'll miss ya mate

that's a bloody cheek coming from you. i suppose all your insults and bullying are acceptable... :angry:

Just as acceptable as your many forms of sexual harrassment and schizophrenic multiple aliases.

EV, you LOVE it lol

• Moderators

lol ..

*DO DODO DODO DODODODO la de da de la de daaaaaa*

Cast members:

Obi "I'm Leaving" Wan

(Over) Emotional Vampire

Showmasters (we rule!)

Houdinia (coined the phrase 'to go OBI' LOL :angry: )

The Artist Formerly Known As Gollum .. Vampirer!

and... DavidB6937, cheeky baseborn cad :P

Edited by DavidB6937

yes... that's why i don't preach to everyone else about it

What is that sentence supposed to mean. Are you trying to say that you yourself do not preach about the many types of don't read, mods please delete you have discovered or how many aliases you are? Or are you referring to my statement about the state of our community?

I would have thought that you might be able to tell the difference between preaching and discussing. If not then I don’t hold much hope for you lasting

As for your previous message of 'insults and bullying', I feel a bit confused. Insults, I am happy to put my hand up to but to bullying, na. If you are talking about a previous incident; that was a joke that went too far and had unforeseen consequences. Of course apologies were made and mistakes were learnt from. Nothing like that has occurred since. So I would like to see how you back up your slanderous remark of bully?

Finally, I would like to thank you for proving my point about community spirit. What’s the point in posting anything serious when you come along post snide comments? Hardly community building is it!

Please feel free to laugh and cackle like the deranged loony that you are, I wont take offence since I know you have a psychological problem with taking things seriously.

[references to Houdinia's employment have been removed from this post]

Edited by DavidSimons