what's your favourite thing

inos

So what is your favourite thing about LOTR? It can be anyting!; the reason why you've became a fan or a qoute/song you really really like, or scenes from te films or parts of the books....

I don't think this is an easy question, is it? B)

luv-xXx-

So what is your favourite thing about LOTR? It can be anyting!; the reason why you've became a fan or a qoute/song you really really like, or scenes from te films or parts of the books....

I don't think this is an easy question, is it? B)

luv-xXx-

Definately not the easiest question in the world.

You like to make me think don't you?

Hmm, I dunno. It's not just one thing, its everything put together.

The wonderful books, the films, (the gorgeous actors), the language, the costumes, the essence, the songs, the characters, the places, the peoples, everything!

One of my favourite bits in the books is Pippin in Minas Tirith...

Just felt like sharing that. Not sure what my favourite bits of the films are, thats a toughie.

oh god!! what a question!!!i suppose... from the books, i really like the two towers. my favourite chapter that i read over and over is " Of herbs and stewed rabbits" thats the best chapter, i like the way tolkien is describing the scenery in this chapter and the way gollum and sam interact together!!

" what this stew needs is some nice taters"

" whats taters, precious? huh? whats taters?"

" PO-TA-TOES!!!, boil em mash em stick em in a stew!!"

i love this bit!!!

xxx :blush:

I just love the whole spirit of the books and films, and the way they unite people. :lol::P:P Greatest films and books of all-time ;) *happy sigh*

not cheesy - very good answer.

(hmm, I strangely sound like Gollum)

Masssster

Everyone has really good answers apart from me, who likes to ramble on about nonsense

It is a very difficult question. The whole feeling the books and the movies give you, it transports you to a whole different world with new races etc. Most fantasy films don't give you such a feeling of history behind everything. Everyone hard work and imagination shines through in every scene of the movie. It's such a great achievement. It's difficult to explain to someone why you love the story so much, but everyone who's seen it knows what you mean

Okay for me it is the whole story of friendship, sacrifice, love and as Proff Tolkien so very much wanted it is our very own Mythological Tale, which is why he started the whole thing in the beginning.

He wanted to create a world that ppl would truly believe could of happened years ago. And I for one thank him so much for that :unsure: And thank PJ for putting this amazing story onto the big screen :unsure: Oh boy I am rambling again, so I will shut up now :angry:

I love LoTR because for the few hours i'm reading the books or watching the films i'm in another world, somewhere maybe i don't belong but i can wonder freely and discover all it has to offer. I can forget all the stuff happening around me and imagine a life in Hobbiton or Bree. Become a Ranger and meet with Strider, visit the elves or even be a guest at Sam and Rosies wedding...I have a good imagination.

For me it's a way of escape, anyone else feel like that?

(or is it just me?)

i agree with you about a way of escaping, i feel like that, did you read the books before seeing the films?

I did and it was weird seeing the characters as i had already got piccie of them in my head and they were not really that similar :blink:

i agree with you about a way of escaping, i feel like that, did you read the books before seeing the films? 

I did and it was weird seeing the characters as i had already got piccie of them in my head and they were not really that similar :blink:

Yeah i read the Hobbit years ago then i heard rumours about them starting to film LoTR and thought oh I should read that.

The only problem i had was that i knew all the bits they had missed out and i missed them i knew they weren't important but i wanted them there. Have you read anything about Tolkien himself, he was a very interesting man and it was great to understand where he got his inspiration from

I did and it was weird seeing the characters as i had already got piccie of them in my head and they were not really that similar :lol:

Yeah i read the Hobbit years ago then i heard rumours about them starting to film LoTR and thought oh I should read that.

The only problem i had was that i knew all the bits they had missed out and i missed them i knew they weren't important but i wanted them there. Have you read anything about Tolkien himself, he was a very interesting man and it was great to understand where he got his inspiration from

Well I agree with everything everybody has said - it's the whole concept and the fact that Tolkien had such a tremendous imagination and created not just one world but a whole history to go with it. He really was an amazing man and if you want to read about him I'd recommend several books by Colin Duriez (OK he's a friend but he's also a Tolkien expert B) and is one of the people interviewed on TTT extended DVD documentary - disc 3) Sorry going off topic there ;):D

I love LoTR because for the few hours i'm reading the books or watching the films i'm in another world, somewhere maybe i don't belong but i can wonder freely and discover all it has to offer. I can forget all the stuff happening around me and imagine a life in Hobbiton or Bree. Become a Ranger and meet with Strider, visit the elves or even be a guest at Sam and Rosies wedding...I have a good imagination.

For me it's a way of escape, anyone else feel like that?

(or is it just me?)

*sigh*...wauw, you said that so beautifully :D ...

I feel just like that, when you're reading the books or watching the films, it's like you're in it yourself. That is what I like about it so much. And of course the wonderfull friendship, loyalty and sacrifice.

When I was reading the books and when someone died, I got tears in my eyes or I even cried, 'cause it felt like I really knew that person. (and with the films too of course, I can't imagine there's no fan who didn't cry with ROTK :lol: )

And then all that fantasy of Tolkien's imagination, Hobbits, Elves,Orcs, Trolls, the Shire, Lorien,... It's like it all existed,...

And that all in one pack gives you a wonderfull story,...*sigh* :lol:

..so actually I like everything too :lol:

luv-xXx-

i SOOOO agree with narago here!!! i forget where i am in this world and believe that im in tolkiens world thats so amazing how tolkien, and peter jackson can do this!! and they make you believe that this could have been part of the history of this world!!! xx :lol:

I don't think this is an easy question, is it? ;)

luv-xXx-

everything :lol::P:P;) (spesh the lij half-nakedness scene, lol! :lol::D )

luv-xXx-

hehe.. ;) naughty

luv-xXx-

hehe.. ;) naughty

hehe .... funny ;) (you) hehe lol

Ok, my favourite thing? It's what it has done for me and my friends. Going to all these conventions and premieres and LOTR related things has brought us so close and made us so strong. The bond that we have has just tightened as our journey has proceeded and it's like LOTR represents that and it's thanks to LOTR. The journey the fellowship has is full of love, friendship, tragedy, heartache, humour, adventure and dreams. Just like ours.

Ok, my favourite thing? It's what it has done for me and my friends. Going to all these conventions and premieres and LOTR related things has brought us so close and made us so strong. The bond that we have has just tightened as our journey has proceeded and it's like LOTR represents that and it's thanks to LOTR. The journey the fellowship has is full of love, friendship, tragedy, heartache, humour, adventure and dreams. Just like ours.

Oh yes, I got tis same felling about it. Lovely Hobbit and I are already friends for ages, but when LOTR came, our bond got closer and our friendship bigger, we almost do everyting together, especially LOTR stuff...isn't it lovely hobbit? :(

*hugs*

-xXx-