And Finally

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted before Joe was so that's what it's referring to.

And just cuz it says "and finally..." why wud people assume it's a big guest?

Maybe it was just letting u know there's only one guest left that they were announcing tonight!!!

I think one BAD THING to come out of them getting Elijah etc at the last one is that it's raised peoples expectations too high and expecting 30 major guests when Collectormania has never been about that! I wish some people would not be so selfish, I think this Collectormania has got a great mix of guests .. it pisses me off that some people will put "BLOODY FINALLY A LOTR GUEST" - do they not realise how many there have been lately! It's made a lot of people very ungrateful and it's sad to see :(

Well said! People are actually getting very rude about the LOTR's guest thing. It is *not* a LOTR's event and has always housed an eclectic mix of stars. Personally I would be more than happy for CM to get back to the status quo of 'before' C4.

Joe Pantoliano is a big guest.

Just because he wasn't in LOTR, purleeese !

Collectormania is a show for all, and Showmasters have delivered some great guests again.

There are going to be guests there from a wide range of things. O.k. some of you are disappointed because they didn't announce Elijah, but come on, he is a busy guy.

Just look at who you have got, and maybe, just maybe be a bit more thankful when you wake up in the morning.

i think most of us realize its not a LOTR's event, it just so happens that the majority of the board are LOTR's fans. I see it not just as a LOTR's event, but it obviously seems the most popular one that people want guests from....So Sorry to seem selfish but basically we want all we can get lol :(

What is mainly so disappointing about C5 is the lack of variety. I understand that Star Wars, Star Trek and LotR are big fandoms, and a lot of the fans on here follow them. But not all of them do.

I've seen disappointed posts, and then people saying how they're just complaining because they're not LotR etc. That's not necessarily the reason. Some people would like to see the variety that Collectormania had before last year. Last year has set a precedent that's impossible to live up to.

What is mainly so disappointing about C5 is the lack of variety. I understand that Star Wars, Star Trek and LotR are big fandoms, and a lot of the fans on here follow them. But not all of them do.

I've seen disappointed posts, and then people saying how they're just complaining because they're not LotR etc. That's not necessarily the reason. Some people would like to see the variety that Collectormania had before last year. Last year has set a precedent that's impossible to live up to.

I totally agree. I'm all for Star Wars and Star Trek fans finally getting their chance to meet their favourite stars, but I think it makes it more interesting there is a larger range of fandoms. I personally can't wait to meet Craig Parker and Brad Dourif (nice one, SM) but I'd like to see a greater range of guests that would please everyone.

But not to sound to ungrateful, well done for those that you have managed to get, there are some interesting names in there.

And hooray for Corin!

Edited by Elven

I'm disapointed about there being no 'major' LOTR apearances, but still happy the event is taking place, and is as succesful as it is, and making many other people very happy! xxxxxxxx

Well there is nothing anybody can do wether they like the guests or not so everybody better get used to it!!

Very true, we can't really comment until all the guests have been announced, I guess, and apparently there are more to come... *is excited*

It's nice to have an original film Matrix guest though. :)

Hi

I think that we have been very lucky this evening and that there is a good mix for everyones tastes.

But will there be anymore......... ;)

Seriously though, well done SM for another great line up.

Paul

Hmmmm other than the guest announcements have I missed something???

Looks round all confused!!!!!!!!!

Heheheheh, it doesnt take much to confuse you... ;)

Only Joking Babe!

LMAO its true though, I get so easily confused, that I can't even remember what this thread was about and I cannot be arsed to traipse through all these posts.

But hmmmmmmm yeah what was we talking about??? Oh yeah confusion!!!!!

Actually maybe I'm not the one thats confused, maybe its everyone else!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say that there are (prob) so many Star Wars guests cause those films haven't been very well represented in the last few SM events and now they are making up for it! B)

also would people please remember that most guests have been in other things other than e.g. Star Trek. Take Robert Piccardo for example. yeah main guy in Voyager but was also in Stargate SG1!

I am also hoping for Harry Potter guests and maybe people from Buffy/Angel but THERE ARE MOST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS TO COME - like some one said - you can't moan and complain about guests and announcements till they have ALL BEEN ANNOUNCED!!

and tell me if I'm wrong, cause I might well be, if memory serves (which it doesn't always!!! :o) for c4, they didn't announce "big" guests such as Elijah right till the lastish run of guest announcements, so don't give up yet!

finally, I do understand people who HAVEN'T been to these events before wanting to meet people from e.g. LotR, stars such as Hobbits and Andy Serkis but please remember that SOME people have been attending these events for a WHILE and it's nice to have DIFFERENT guests and NOT THE SAME ONES over and over! Andy for example has attended c3,c4 and LFACC, that's 3 shows in a row!

think that's everything, roll on the event!

sah xx