What is the format of the photoshoot

magestik

Hey,

I was wondering since i didn't find the answer, are the photoshoot 23x15 ?

Are all SM photoshoot the same size ?

Where do you guys store your printed photoshoot ? I am looking for an album to put them in, but no idea which one will be ok :blush:

I think they should be 10x8 ins. But what can you do lol

You can keep expressing the opinion, in the hope that there is a move AWAY from 9x7ins.

In the world of collecting, 10x8 is seen as a "standard" for pics that people get signed, so it has always baffled me why 9x7 is offered at the show - only thing I can see is that:

1. Cost/profit is an issue

2. The store used to get the images printed doesn't offer 10x8 as an option.

Regardless, I am very much in the 10x8 club.

• Showmasters Admin

10x8s would cost much more to produce up to 4 times more to produce for the paper and would increase the price to the public and also make it just to expensive to produce on site as the photo processors are just crazy prices for the pro printers.

sorry its not want you want to here but thats why we will be sticking to 7"x9"s

hope that helps explain

jason

US show photo ops are generally more expensive than those run here, but they provide at least 10x8 size, often A4. I would rather pay a few pounds extra and get a bigger picture as they genrally look better and for those who want it signed gives the actor more space to personalise..

• Showmasters Admin

well the investment for 8 x 10 printers would come in at around another £50,000 for what we would need so its not a little amount but Toni if you are happy to pay a little more then feel free to pop over a cheque for £50K payable to showmasters and everyone will be happy .

the costs on top of the photos would be around £8 to £10 for at least a year to cover this cost and the amount of photos we would sell would go down so then it could take even longer so all in all we are going to stick to the size we run at now

mobile labs and paper are much cheeper in the US like everything else so the cost in the UK makes this not posable and if you look at UK photo shoot prices it shows even they have to charge more so this is really not going to happen over here soon .

now you all know what we know

hope that is of help

jason

would the cost of been so much more if in house printing had not been taken up?

i also prefer the larger size, but I wouldnt want to pay £10 more per photo op for it with the new in house SM printers. and if thats the cost i can understand SM not taking it up, i also didnt realise the printers were 1 size specific.

• 1 month later...

Hiya guys,

I also agree that the size is a little weird however I do have some cool advice for you...Asda sell nice black/silver wooden bordered, glass frames for only £3.50 which are 9"x7"! I bought a few this morning in preparation for Saturday!

Bring it on!

This is where being able to do a download service comes in handy, put a link on Showmasters website with all the uploaded photo shoots it doesnt take a lot to stick in a memeory card and click upload then i dunno charge a £1 or £2 fee to download the original photo, that person can then print them to whatever size they wish as scanning is no good. I know it means someone has to be in charge and maintain it but I for one would think its better than people saying you do this size etc and better still spending £50k

Just an idea that many of said before it might be worth looking into it if you haven't already

Jason said this will happen in the near future. There's no start date confirmed yet, but it will happen.

Why is scanning no good? Scanners work perfectly fine and a first hand scan doesn't reduce the quality of the image at all.

It does. Scan a print of a digital print then compare the two on screen. It is easy to spot which is the scan and which isn't.