splitting the films

foolofatook

I've brought this up in one of the other topics, but wanted to know peoples opinions (I'm just nosey!) They have started writing the screen play for the goblet of fire film. But it is starting to look quite long-as anyone will know if they've read the book. So they are tryin to decide whether they should cut out some of the story OR cut it in half and make 2films.

What do u think-should they do 2films or cut down the story?

Also which bits should they cut out?

i don't think they should turn it into 2 films and it is also the same opinion with the 5th book as well but that will porbably bee 3 films or something odd

But in reality it is mostly the scene setting that is the majority of the boioks and IF in the 4th film they cut out moody doing the unforgivale curses on them i will write a very angry letter to warner brothers!!!

But in reality it is mostly the scene setting that is the majority of the boioks and IF in the 4th film they cut out moody doing the unforgivale curses on them i will write a very angry letter to warner brothers!!!

me too, but i don't think they could cos that has relevance in the story later. but it would be pretty pissy if they found a way to cut it and work round it!

i don't like the idea of having two movies...like some one said in the other convo, "how much time would be left between films" and like i said "Where would the split be"... i just don't like it...Where as I HATE the idea of having cool, classic bits cut out because they have no relevence to the progression of the story! GRRR! I can't win! :lol:

for instance in Chamber of secrets, the book, the classic bit where Fred and George are taking the **** out of Harry cos he thought to be the "heir of slytherin." They made a breif scene with that in but it wasn't as funny as in the book AND it was cut out!- Grrr! i hate when they do that!

• 4 weeks later...

Its so hard to decide!!! Splitting it would be annoying cos all the films are one school year each, but then the whole excitement of the next film will last longer if there r more films.

I agree withg the 5 hour film, lol, cutting is annoying although when my brother (who hasnt read the books) thinks he sees mistakes i can correct him cos it makes sense in the book! i might miss that B)

I think they are going to film it as one film, then decide later whether to split it in 2.

i think what they should do is keep it as 1 film and have like an interval, like you get in the theatre so you can go to the the toilet etc.

Amanda

an interval is a gd idea. however i dnt kno...they shld hav a cinema version which wld b suitable 4 smaller kids perhaps 2 sit thru and a much longer version that does the book justice on dvd 2 make fans of the book happy

I believe at the cinema when people watch the film i think it should be one film but with breaks in between, because small children get restless and would get annoying to other people trying to enjoy the film.

But it is okay when it come out in VHS and DVD because you can then have 2 CD's or 2 Video's in one pack - so you are able to watch one part one day and the other and another day because i'm sure as one of you has said it could last up to 4/5 hours.

I don't believe in cutting bits out of the film. i feel the best bit from the Chamber of Secrets was missing when they are de-gnoming the garden. thats my favourite bit - and they missed it out. curse the script writers for that.

But if they do miss some bits out, the things that they leave in we know are the important bits. because key points and bits must tell us about the main point of the series (i.e. what happens in seven), because we know J K Rowling has told Chris Columbus the things he meeds to include in the movies so it all works out in her plans.

They could do it kind of like Lord Of The Rings; film it all at once, but split it into two for releasing it, but definitely not with an entire year between releases!!

I think it would be better for them to split it, because then they wont have to cut so much stuff out. They wont be able to release a movie that's over 3 hours long for the cinema - it's just not workable! Despite what the die hard fans are like (and I'm one of them; for example, I'd quite happily to go a Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition Marathon to watch all three movies at once!), but with the ordinary fans (which is where they make their money), they wouldnt want to go to the cinema to sit for over 3 hours for a movie! They're just not dedicated enough.

Love,

Kris

the only way i could see the split working was if they were filmed at the same time and they were released on the same day so peole who wanted to see it all inone go could!!