Where's all the Harry Potter guests this year? :(

ScottishDan

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and have been really disappointed with the lack of HP announcements so far in all of the conventions. I know there's been a couple like David Bradley, Jeff Rawle and Natalia Tena but that's been about it! I really hope you can get some Harry Potter guests along to EMS! :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

Things come in cycles, and it's all down to who's available etc. There's been a huge surge in popularity for Game of Thrones, for example, so focus has been on that quite a lot.

There'll always be things that don't get too many guests, and HP has been quite well covered over the years.

I guess all you can do is wait and see, but there's plenty of other potential HP guests .. will be interesting to see who they get in the future.

You can't say there haven't been any HP guests and then turn around and name 3 quite big ones that have done events lately, plus Ralph Ineson was at LFCC too, that's actually quite a few. There are plenty of fandoms where no guests have appeared for ages. Us LOTR fans have had years of no-one til Craig Parker at LFCC. HP guests appear fairly regularly at these events, but obviously they've moved on to other things and aren't always available to do events, but we all know they'll be back when they can be.

Guests tend to come around like buses, nothing for ages then they all come at once.

We've had lots of great Harry Potter guests over the years and I'm sure there will be more to come, but now the Harry Potter films ha

ve completed I suspect that there won't be as many as there have been in the past , in the same way we had a lot of LOTR guests for a while. The test of time will be whether the Harry Potter fanbase continues over the next 20 or 30 years and becomes like Star Wars or Star Trek.