A big thankyou to SM

No real thread i think about this at the moment, and im sure im allowed it here....i think ;)

I know its easy to moan on the forum when something goes wrong or give feedback about bad experiences, but i Just wanted to say a big thanks to showmasters for all the guests so far, including the big push of Game of Thrones guests atm.

I was one of many people asking for these guests, espically Iain Glen (one i asked for before) and it just goes to show they do infact to listern to their customer base, and personally i think its shaping up to be an amazing convention.

Shawlax

• Like 4

Great thread! At times I have been quite critical of Showmasters in the past with Abrams inc. etc. However I couldn't sing their praises any louder right now. All of these Game of Thrones guests are amazing and brining me out of con retirement. Collectormania 18 was my first con for 4 years and I couldn't believe how much things have improved, from guest line up to general running of the convention!

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Two words.

Gillian Anderson.

Haha, im getting the impression you really like her.

I'm a huge X-Files Fan. And I never thought that she would ever be Signing my X-Files DVD Boxset, and when she was announced in February I just freaked knowing how this was one heck of a major coup for Showmasters and have been ecstatic ever since.

A few weeks ago a journalist who claimed to be from the Independent approached me on Twitter about Gillian attending and I chose to answer his questions and talk about how I feel about her attending and lo and behold it actually happened and used a lot of what I said verbatim... I didn't expect him to label me as "X Files Superfan" but seeing he did and it was in National I'm sticking with it- the label that is :)

But seriously. Back in 1999/2000/2001/2002 I bought all the X-Files VHS Boxsets when they were around £60 - £150 (for the more older series) and then... DVD's came out (I still have the VHS Boxsets - in fact one of them was bought by someone very dear to me and it will be this one that I will be asking Gillian to sign)

X-Files Rules! :)

Two words.

Gillian Anderson.

I'm a huge X-Files Fan. And I never thought that she would ever be Signing my X-Files DVD Boxset, and when she was announced in February I just freaked knowing how this was one heck of a major coup for Showmasters and have been ecstatic ever since.

A few weeks ago a journalist who claimed to be from the Independent approached me on Twitter about Gillian attending and I chose to answer his questions and talk about how I feel about her attending and lo and behold it actually happened and used a lot of what I said verbatim... I didn't expect him to label me as "X Files Superfan" but seeing he did and it was in National I'm sticking with it- the label that is :)

But seriously. Back in 1999/2000/2001/2002 I bought all the X-Files VHS Boxsets when they were around £60 - £150 (for the more older series) and then... DVD's came out (I still have the VHS Boxsets - in fact one of them was bought by someone very dear to me and it will be this one that I will be asking Gillian to sign)

I know what you mean, im also a big fan of the x files and im very happy with the guests at lfcc this year from xfiles.

I hope, for you (and a little bit for myself), that we will both meet David one day

I have to say I'm very impressed with the lineup and if money wasn't an issue then I'd probably be getting the most I've ever got at an event.

How many autographs are you gonna get now?

I think that's an awesome story Richard and especially as you are getting something signed that was bought by someone dear to you. That item will be forever amazing in your life for more than one reason.

I would be equally as ecstatic if Tom Welling, Erica Durance or Allison Mack were announced :-)

How many autographs are you gonna get now?

I can only afford a couple at the most really, but there's around 15-20 guests I would meet if I was rich..

Will you get Gillian too?

I have to say I'm very impressed with the lineup and if money wasn't an issue then I'd probably be getting the most I've ever got at an event.

Likewise. I don't think I've ever wanted to spend or indeed meet so many freakin awesome people at an event before. In fact I'm hoping that we dont get any more awesome people because it would mean a partial rejuggling of my budget.

Two words.

Gillian Anderson.

I know what you mean, im also a big fan of the x files and im very happy with the guests at lfcc this year from xfiles.

I hope, for you (and a little bit for myself), that we will both meet David one day

Thank you :) X

With the Guests that we X-Philes have this year it has been brilliant and of course because they've all been in different Fandoms its also helpful to those who aren't Fans of X-Files.

Thats a really nice thing for you to say :) It means a lot to me, and I'm hoping this happens as well. David would be the Royal Icing on the cake :)

I think that's an awesome story Richard and especially as you are getting something signed that was bought by someone dear to you. That item will be forever amazing in your life for more than one reason.

I would be equally as ecstatic if Tom Welling, Erica Durance or Allison Mack were announced :-)

Thank you :) Believe me, this boxset was brought by someone who did and still does mean the World to me. (Even though the X-Files VHS Boxset wouldn't be practical it would hold a lot of Sentimental value to it)

Did you also meet Robert Patrick last year?

Yep. He was a very lovely guy. :) X

Ah would love to meet him too.. I asked a friend if she could bring one for me with a very nice and long quote and he did that, so he must be nice!

Edited by xxc

Ah would love to meet him too.. I asked a friend if she could bring one for me with a very nice and long quote and he did that, so he must be nice!

He was very approachable. I asked him if he'd be ok to quote something from X-Files or Terminator at his desk. He then asked if I was recording to which I said I was and looked to the camera and said:

"Say. Thats a nice bike."

I hope he comes back because he would be cool for you to meet :)

He was very approachable. I asked him if he'd be ok to quote something from X-Files or Terminator at his desk. He then asked if I was recording to which I said I was and looked to the camera and said:

"Say. Thats a nice bike."

I hope he comes back because he would be cool for you to meet :)

Ah im jealous haha! I hope so too.. The lone gunmen wouldn't be bad either..

I would LOVE it if we saw the Lone Gunmen. :) They would be Ace on my X-Files Boxset too... If only I'd have known then what I know now I would have asked Robert to sign X-Files rather than Terminator 2.

But don't be jealous, I really think he'll be a repeat Guest and will be back soon :) X

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 1

Definitely, you can tell how nice and approachable he was. More than happy to do it.

At the same event, I met Freddy Krueger himself. And to be honest, I was a bit freaked out because when I was younger (and admittedly) when I last watched Nightmare on Elm Street I kind of think "Goodness, he's scary!"

But like with the other Robert, Robert Englund was very nice and kind and approachable too... Also SPOILER ALERT was ok to do a quote. And by God did he do it with real oomph :)

I would LOVE it if we saw the Lone Gunmen. :) They would be Ace on my X-Files Boxset too... If only I'd have known then what I know now I would have asked Robert to sign X-Files rather than Terminator 2.

But don't be jealous, I really think he'll be a repeat Guest and will be back soon :) X

Ah love that video!! I watched it three times already!

Definitely, you can tell how nice and approachable he was. More than happy to do it.

At the same event, I met Freddy Krueger himself. And to be honest, I was a bit freaked out because when I was younger (and admittedly) when I last watched Nightmare on Elm Street I kind of think "Goodness, he's scary!"

But like with the other Robert, Robert Englund was very nice and kind and approachable too... Also SPOILER ALERT was ok to do a quote. And by God did he do it with real oomph :)

Wow haha!! I've heard many times he's one of the nicest guys you could meet!

Edited by xxc

I was lucky enough to be his Guest Assistant on the Saturday. It was an absolute pleasure to work with him and he made time for all his fans which was great to watch.

I really hope he comes back soon.

Michelle