Mel Gibson

Would be good but I think he might be just a little bit too expensive .......

Even if he wasn't expensive to have over I REALLY REALLY doubt he'd want to do an event and risk his health & safety and public image further. Just think of the abuse and jeering he'd be in danger of and I've a feeling many people might even boycott him.

You do realise there was a petition to have him NOT appear in The Hangover Part II, right?

I didn't realise there was a public disliking to him. Well other than the recent film/director spat. And his career has slowed to what it was, so imagining he'd be similar price to chris lambert. Well, i'd love to meet him and looking forward to his new film :-)

I didn't know there was a petition, only that Galifianakis didn't want him to be in the movie. He may have some personal issues, but he's a fine actor and an even better filmmaker.

He really should have known better than to bash the people who run Hollywood.

I always used to like Mel Gibson before he said what he said - in fact Lethal Weapon 4 was on the other week and I actually liked the fact that Jet Li was kicking his butt.

Of course, Roald Dahl was anti semetic as well and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is my favourite book so it kind of makes it rather difficult for me (even though I'm not 100% orthodox) to fully like Roald Dahl and my view of Gibson isnt what it was.

Would be good but I think he might be just a little bit too expensive .......

Even if he wasn't expensive to have over I REALLY REALLY doubt he'd want to do an event and risk his health & safety and public image further. Just think of the abuse and jeering he'd be in danger of and I've a feeling many people might even boycott him.

You do realise there was a petition to have him NOT appear in The Hangover Part II, right?

http://tinyurl.com/5mtdu7

Sonny Landham done an SM event, see the link above for his comments. How come he never got abuse or was jeered at...please read what he said!

Did anyone boycott Sonny for his extreme racist comments?

Mike Tyson spent years in prison for a very serious crime and never got jeered and abused at LFCC...

Edited by CelticRob

I've never heard of Sonny Landham, no idea who he is, but everyone knows Mel Gibson, it's not quite the same thing.

The fact is Sonny (with his extreme comments) actually did an event, Gibson (with his extreme comments) will never do one.

I specifically mentioned Sonny because Nicky knows who he is and jumped for joy at his announcement. It was 'great guest' and 'YES' etc...

I said at the time 2 words on Sonny: "Controversial guest".

Sonny Landham done an SM event, see the link above for his comments. How come he never got abuse or was jeered at...please read what he said!

Did anyone boycott Sonny for his extreme racist comments?

Mike Tyson spent years in prison for a very serious crime and never got jeered and abused at LFCC..

Good points. But like someone said Gibson is an A list star and people give a hoot about who he is. People gossip about people they give a hoot about. Put it this way, if it was me that said that sort of stuff it wouldnt even make the news, but someone like Gibson is does.

As for Sonny and Mike, who knows. For Sonny he was "just doing his job" as a politician. Mike, he paid his penance. Gibbo did not. Look at Hugh Grant, if he came to an event no one would criticise him for his thing with Divine Brown cos a) it was years ago and more importantly b.) he went public about it, apologised and grovelled. And Lars Von Trier is just mad.

If Gibbo came to an event I'd be interested in meeting him, yes. But I doubt he'd come along because of the storm that would follow.

Edited by nicky