complainers

why do people have to always be negative and come here and complain about silly little issues.

no photos with billy? he was late, and everyone who had a ticket needed to be met. he was miserable? maybe he had just gotten off a plane, into a car, straight to the con and started signing.

no photos with brent and levar? the queues were big again, everyone has a right to meet them, they cant be held up too much. you can always wait till the end and try and get a photo then, if its so important to you.

no comic stalls? blame the dealers for not turning up.

no atm? get the money ready before hand to svae on the problem.

crappy food? bring your own, or walk 2 mins down the road.

yadda yadda.

i had an EXCELLENT day, and have no complaints. i met most i wanted to by 10.45 and waited till around 1pm for billy and john rhys davies. am i complaining? no. i just accept they are going to be late, look at the stalls, and wait patiently for my turn.

roll on LFCC in november, though my bank balance might not like it...

With no constructive complaints.. we get no improvement!!!

I'm not into whinges for the sake of it and a lot of moans are just that..

I have complained today about being lied to by a crew member and being unable to take a photo of Levar from the queue.. which would not have delayed anyone..

Hopefully.. next time round, Showmasters will include this issue in their next briefing to the volunteers in order that a bit of common sense prevails and the show improves that little bit more..

Without the genuine moans, we would not have had such an efficient virtual queue system this time around!!

With no constructive complaints.. we get no improvement!!!

I'm not into whinges for the sake of it and a lot of moans are just that..

I have complained today about being lied to by a crew member and being unable to take a photo of Levar from the queue.. which would not have delayed anyone..

Hopefully.. next time round, Showmasters will include this issue in their next briefing to the volunteers in order that a bit of common sense prevails and the show improves that little bit more..

Without the genuine moans, we would not have had such an efficient virtual queue system this time around!!

Agreed, These are paying customers who have some sort of expectation and when they get disapointed they want to express there view.

Everyone has an opinion and if nobody reported bad points, how can Showmasters improve!

The fact that we wern't told in advance that there were no ATM's is annoying!!! if i knew, i would have got enough money out beforehand, even if i did hav enough who's saying i didnt want some more when i got there? your comment was abit stupid, just trying to be a smart spam i say.

Think it through. feedback = better show next time

Edited by jmez

Not wishing to appear as a winger. But as you get older it pisses you off, being spoke to like a child by people younger than you. There are far more things I was annoyed about, than what I have stated. But as it concerns people from the forum, i have not said any of it.

I spent £400 this weekend, all I am asking for is a little courtesy, from people who should know better.

no comic stalls? blame the dealers for not turning up.

crappy food? bring your own, or walk 2 mins down the road.

yadda yadda.

750 stalls? ha ha ha.

of a possible 750 how many failed to turn up?

If someone travels from Glasgow/Newcastle to get there (i know they don't HAVE to) they are entitled to be

a little brassed off that for the prices they are charged they don't get what they expected. Freedom of speech. What is this the FCC???????

Bring on NEC!

Anyone got any pictures of Chloe Annett? I didn't go on the Sunday.

Not wishing to appear as a winger. But as you get older it pisses you off, being spoke to like a child by people younger than you. There are far more things I was annoyed about, than what I have stated. But as it concerns people from the forum, i have not said any of it.

I spent £400 this weekend, all I am asking for is a little courtesy, from people who should know better.

Fair play......

I'm sorry - "silly little issues"? Everyone is allowed their opinions. I had a problem with the lack of comic stalls. This event proudly called itself a Comic Con and there were practically no comic dealers there. A bit of misrepresentation don't you think? So we are to blame the dealers? Were the dealers even invited? I think only the normal dealers that had SM's contact details were asked if they wanted tables.

I thought my comments were very fair - expressing that I enjoyed the event and will, of course, attend the next one. But in the same way if there was something at the event that could be improved, how can it be sorted out for the next event if it is not identified and debated?

To fix any problem there are two stages - "observation" and "action". In other words first you identify the problem then you fix it. I'm sure SM are even now thinking of ways to fix the poor food problem (probably by warning the caterers of how many people attended this event to help them get their stock and staff levels correct for the next one).

I'm glad you had a great time so did I. I got plenty of autographs, saw the Blake's 7 and LOTR talk which were very enjoyable and still managed to lose a lot of money at a DVD stand.

Your attitude of belittleing constructive criticism is a bit narrow-minded and doesn't go anywhere towards making SM's events even greater. SM are professional enough to listen to their customer's concerns and also tell the difference between constructive criticism and someone having a go just for the sake of it.

Basil

Hey guys i hope you all had a great weekend, I was one of the dealers at the LFCC this weekend and i thought I would pop onto the forum to see what peoples opinions of the event was like. I see a lot of people complaing or should i say dissapointed that there was not enough comic dealers at the event, although the stall I was working on was a kit stall i thought I would maybe shed some light on maybe why there wasnt many comic tables. Think of it like this, your a dealer and lets say for 5 events previous to this one you have brought a lot of comics with you but they didnt sell well, so for the sake of keeping your buisness alive you decide to not bring as many comics and concentrate on toys/cards/memorbilia because for the last few events that is what has been selling.

You have to remember that it is a very expensive weekend for the dealers just to turn up and bring stuff for you guys to buy, before the doors even open it has cost you in the region of £500 just to get there, hotel, hire of a van, fuel and pay for the tables etc etc. You have to make that weekend viable from a buisness point of view. I cant speak for the other dealers and wouldnt dare too but just think of it like that and maybe you will understand why there wasnt so many comic stands. I do understand that you would be dissapointed by it but at the same time Im sure you can understand why it was like this, sometimes its just a case of its dammed if you do and dammed if you dont for us.

I didnt get a chance to get anything signed at all or even 5 mins to pop into hall 2 just to catch a glimpse of some of the stars, most of the time us dealers are just as big fans as you guys :)

From my point of view it was a fun weekend, lots of really friendly customers who where there to have fun and enjoy the event. Sure it wasnt that busy on a whole for the dealers and personaly I ended up not getting paid for working but hey thats cool with me because I met some great people along the way.

I don't have a single complaint. I had a wonderful time! I was upset after Collectormania because I didn't get to see Elijah, Dom or Astin. But at this convention I saw everyone that I wanted to see. Twice in some cases lol All the stars were so polite and it was all very well run. No complaints at all! I had the best weekend ever :)

The fact that we wern't told in advance that there were no ATM's is annoying!!! if i knew, i would have got enough money out beforehand, even if i did hav enough who's saying i didnt want some more when i got there? your comment was abit stupid, just trying to be a smart spam i say.

Think it through. feedback = better show next time

Well actually I asked on this forum about that a few days ago and was told that I wasn't the first person to have asked. They said that there weren't any ATMs in the building. So some of us were told in advance and if you looked here you would have know as well.

Hi.

We had a fantastic time! Took a complete beginner with us - who was so excited to meet Levar we practically had to hold her up! When he saw us taking a pic of him signing for her - he stood up gave her a cuddle and posed! We didn't ask - he could see her excitement and offered!

We saw Billy at Expo, so didn't go again to give others the chance - but while I was in the queue for Andy - he grinned at us and waved. Plus - he posed for pictures outside the venue with a young fan who had to go home early.

I met all the B7 cast - bounced down the line like Tigger - and really loved it.

Our only down point was that we didn't think Adam West was very nice!

Thanks Showmasters - we loved it!

K

No complaints from me. I had a fantastic time. On the ATM front, that question was asked a couple of times on the forum so people who needed to know had only to look on here to get their answers.

Thanks Showmasters for hosting a great event. I enjoyed meeting so many people from here and can't wait for the next one!

my two pence worth...

I DIDN'T...

...get a single autograph or picture of a guest.

...have time to chat or shmooz with my own friends let alone the actors.

...sit in a guest talk (only got to pop in occassionally).

...get to look around at the stalls in hall 1.

...sit down between 8am and 7pm both days.

...have a lunch break (ate on the hoof)

I DID...

...work my socks off.

...have THE most fantastic weekend. :P:D:lol:

thanks to everyone who helped me this weekend!!! :lol:

HOUDINIA

Edited by houdinia