autograph question

• Moderators

Each guest will have a queue in front of them.

Most will have a desk half way down with 8x10s to choose from, and a crew member to take your cash.

Some of the less busy ones will just have the pictures/crew member at the actual signing desk.

There is a table just before the guest where a crew member sits and that's where you pay and collect an 8X10 photo if that's what you want signing

Edit: Damn, double post with David :lol:

Edited by Beechy

Do you get a photo even if that is not what you are getting signed?
There are 10x8 images available if you have nothing of your own to sign. The thing to bear in mind is that by taking one when you are not planning on getting it signed you are reducing the number of images available. One does not sound a lot but over the period of a day if a lot of people also do the same thing then it may deprive somebody else later who does require an image it to get signed.

After events people will sometimes post that some of the images ran out. I'm not saying that the above reason is the only factor, because it's not, but it does contribute.

It's a strange size, but I managed to get one (an album, that is), from a certain auction site.

Its the industry standard for autographs it seems.

10x8 is a completely industry standard size for photo enlargements and for promotional shots of all types. Nothing unusual about it at all. Photo prints will usually be either 6x4, 7x5, 10x8, 16x12 or larger etc but there are a few variations. These are just the common ones.

A4 is for printing/writing paper and documents etc, you wouldn't normally get a photograph on an A4 size sheet.

Shouldn't be hard to find suitable storage.

Do you get a photo even if that is not what you are getting signed?
There are 10x8 images available if you have nothing of your own to sign. The thing to bear in mind is that by taking one when you are not planning on getting it signed you are reducing the number of images available. One does not sound a lot but over the period of a day if a lot of people also do the same thing then it may deprive somebody else later who does require an image it to get signed.

After events people will sometimes post that some of the images ran out. I'm not saying that the above reason is the only factor, because it's not, but it does contribute.

That happened to a friend of mine when meeting the Weasley twins, the photos had ran out and so had to buy one from a dealer to be signed, which to be honest wasn't very fair, as people who were having DVDs signed were still grabbing a photo from the table.

That happened to a friend of mine when meeting the Weasley twins, the photos had ran out and so had to buy one from a dealer to be signed, which to be honest wasn't very fair, as people who were having DVDs signed were still grabbing a photo from the table.

It's always a risk whether they'll be a photo you like or even any left at all. This time I've sourced a few photos I really like for some of the guests I expect to be really busy and if there's nothing better on the table I'll use one of those. Probably end up finding there's the exact same ones but I've occasionally had to choose a picture I'm not 100% keen on so it's a minor extra expense to make sure I have at least one photo I'm happy to get signed.