Photoshoots

So this is my first convention and I'm getting a photo with Karen gillan but I don't know how to approach a celeb with a photo stand beside, hand over there shoulder I reqlly have no clue what do you do? :/

When the person infront of you is having their photo taken, you stand by the line.

When it's your turn, you stand next to the celebrity and the photographer would tell you to smile, take the picture, and uses a couple of seconds to see if the photo is okay, if not, it'll be retaken.

When the person infront of you is having their photo taken, you stand by the line.

When it's your turn, you stand next to the celebrity and the photographer would tell you to smile, take the picture, and uses a couple of seconds to see if the photo is okay, if not, it'll be retaken.

Everyone's different I guess, I tend to find that my arm generally gravitates towards the waists of the men, or I employ the rather more tentative approach with the girls (not sure why!!) or if I'm feeling uber brave I may ask for ahug it all depends!!!!

But you'll usually get an idea of how to approach from the people in front of you in the queue and also you'll see what kind of mood the guest is in as well and what they are willing to do!!!

As for nerves well my 1st photoshoot ever was with James Marsters and we clashed heads during the hug, he laughed, I blushed and it's the best photo I've ever had taken as it was more an impromptu shot rather than a pose, so nerves can work in your favour sometimes!!!

All in all relax, smile and enjoy! :D

So this is my first convention and I'm getting a photo with Karen gillan but I don't know how to approach a celeb with a photo stand beside, hand over there shoulder I reqlly have no clue what do you do? :/

Generally speaking most guests are happy to pose with arms around shoulders if you wish. Sometimes a guest may prefer to have no contact (which is a very reasonable request if they are uncomortable with it). In these instances then you will be informed before going in to save any awkwardness.

If you have a specific pose (within reason) in mind, then feel free to ask the guest. James Marsters, for example, has no doubt 'bitten' far more necks in photo shoots then he ever did on Buffy and Angel combined :D

I did my first ever photoshoot this last weekend with Tony Head. I normally don't have the money for these and feel they could be a little cheaper but having seen so many great shots over the years that others have posted I decided to treat myself as an extra birthday present.

I wondered how it would go but I have to say the whole experience felt very smooth and surprisingly natural. It seemed far more relaxed than I expected. On being directed to move forward Tony said a brief Hi, put his arm round my shoulder so it seemed perfectly natural to reciprocate. The picture was taken, the photographer just checked it looked ok and that was that with a brief "thanks" exchanged.

And although I generally hate photos of me, I might actually be a bit hooked and am thinking of getting more in the future. Especially when photos at the table seem to becoming less frequent in some cases.

Some guests seem to be more tactile than others so as has been said, just look at what's happening with the people in front and do what feels right. Not sure I'd have the bottle to hold things up and ask for a specific pose with a prop etc but I'm new to the process so maybe one day. There have been some great ones so it seems they don't mind when people ask, I guess just as long as it's not everyone.

And although I generally hate photos of me, I might actually be a bit hooked and am thinking of getting more in the future. Especially when photos at the table seem to becoming less frequent in some cases.

My first photoshoot was at Eternal Twilight 2 (my friend bought me a gold ticket as a surprise for my birthday and Christmas for that year) and I was absolutely dreading them. I never appreciated havng my photo taken. Now... I'm ordering tickets from the shop in advance.

The praise really does go to Malcolm and Danielle for producing such amazing shots :cylon:

My first photoshoot was at Eternal Twilight 2 (my friend bought me a gold ticket as a surprise for my birthday and Christmas for that year) and I was absolutely dreading them. I never appreciated havng my photo taken. Now... I'm ordering tickets from the shop in advance.

The praise really does go to Malcolm and Danielle for producing such amazing shots :cylon:

For something involving so many people and that's such a brief experience, it was surprisingly enjoyable. I did get a photo with Tony at his table later on too which wasn't expected but he looks a bit scared in it for some reason and I'm actually glad I paid for the proper one.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I've got photoshoots with Shawnee Smith and Harry Melling, and seeing as I've never bought one of these before (especially due to not having been to an event since 2006), whichever shoot will be first will consist of me shaking with nerves while the photo is being taken, lol! :D

And although I generally hate photos of me, I might actually be a bit hooked and am thinking of getting more in the future.

and so it begins, once you start down this path forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will :D

Im the same, I hate photos of me, but I love the photo shoots with the stars!!

my first time was with tom baker at LFCC09 he started talking to me and I was like a deer in headlights lol. Ive had many shoots since and im still nervous, I do like to get as close as I can but ive still not had the bottle to ask for poses, not that id know what to ask for lol. im very shy

im very shy around the guests, but in the shoots I generally tend to always go for the arm around them, which is easier as im tall.

of late (especially with female guests) ive been trying to crouch so I can get head to head lol, very hard since im 6ft6 tall, its only really worked (luckly) with alex kingston so far, just. I think karen is tall so Im gonna go for arm aruond her and heads together, thats about as brave as I get lol. hope it comes out ok.

And although I generally hate photos of me, I might actually be a bit hooked and am thinking of getting more in the future.

and so it begins, once you start down this path forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will :D

Well if it helps I think your photos look good and you look onto the camera confidently. I've been on here long enough to recognise you and one or two others but as I'm only an occasional poster you wouldn't know me.

It's just the extra expense that bugs me but the photos are nice and I'm considering about 7 so far at LFCC :)

Well if it helps I think your photos look good and you look onto the camera confidently. I've been on here long enough to recognise you and one or two others but as I'm only an occasional poster you wouldn't know me.

It's just the extra expense that bugs me but the photos are nice and I'm considering about 7 so far at LFCC :)

thanks, very kind of you to say!

yer can be costly, for me I dont realy do autographs, well aside doctor who but yer stil costly, Im on 14 confirmed shoots for LFCC so far, its gonna be a busy 2 days.

I had my first and only shoot with Chris Judge last nov, I just went in and gave him a good squeeze round the waist....however I have just brought a shoot with Mark Shepperd and I am so nervous as I fancy the pants off him!! still hopefully my t shirt might break the ice "Romo before Canton"!!!!.

As for photoshoots, were lucky as it's most mine and husbands birthday very close to LFCC and have asked for some as gifts!

Edited by alisonloub