Torchwood: Miracle Day

timelord81r

• 2 weeks later...

lol the online fluff is gonna be animated "motion comics"

really whats the point getting ED to do that?

It looks brilliant but I'm still concerned that Torchwood - a very British show - will be Americanized.

im hoping it will mix the 2 styles well and be better for it, but im dubious,

The thing I love about that trailer and the new setting is that it breatehs new life into Torchwood. They could have made juast another series and it would have had missed that special something. This makes Torchwood global.

"I'm Welsh"

**SMACK**

Good girl Gwen!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just watched torchwood miracle day, wasn't all that impressed and deff not enough captain jack in it. all felt very staged, dont like Rex first scene we see him laughing cos the guys job he is about to take wife has lukimia was it? there was a bit too much of this in MD, laughing at ppls death or suffering, the constant digs at the brits, gwen doing her hero impression both I didnt like, and felt a little rushed plot wise.

also what was the whole jack and rex on a plane bit, what did he say later, dont annoy me again? what, this all felt like there was a big scene missing.

how can some random cia agent get auth from the uk to pick up a hand gun getting off the plane, why do the uk government just allow and assist this random cia dude to take TW off and not want to be involved?

is that true that US agents can request to be allowed to take firearms on a plane, this doesnt sound right, surely its only US marshals, if even that now?

rex also finds TW far too easily.

although there were some decent scenes, and pullman was great, also liked the female doctor and esther.

the concept is good, cant die and the jack maybe can now is interesting. the hospital body scene was fab, still alive with the head off.

also some of the acting (aside rex who was a bit dodgy at times) was really good

trailer was a bit naff at the end though

is there a place where we can see what the us/uk edit differences are?

why do the uk government just allow and assist this random cia dude to take TW off and not want to be involved?

I assumed when watching it that what the uk government did during 456 incident had something to do with that scene.

was there not a scene also where rex was like the brits are kindergarden compared to us? stuff like that, throw away lines annoys me when there not in jest or directly relevent to something.

considering this is an american joint production, I was surprised it wasnt slicker in effects, directing ect

and aside the autopsy scene nothing really sticks with you, all very forgettable. the cool beach chase was in all the trailers, also rex looked very uncomfortable firing the machine gun

hope ep 2 gets better

the trailer was very weird, some good stuff, some ametur looking stuff lol

some of the acting was really goo though aside rex, didnt take to him at all

and aside the autopsy scene nothing really sticks with you, all very forgettable.

I have to agree with you on that one, whenever i think back to the episode, that autopsy scene is the first thing to come to mind and I can't help but to think how the doctor is feeling when cutting the head off, I know i wouldn't be able to do it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched episode 2

humm, miracle day isnt bad, it just isnt very good, finally saw the plane im welsh scene and it felt so out of place and staged, that just wouldnt happen in real life how it played out.

felt like the whole hour was on the plan with only a portion the actual poisoning bit lol

and rex, my god he is a complete flipper, such a jerk and also not very well acted by MP. his character also flips back and forth between being on TW side and not depending on what mood the git is in.

jack is good but feels like he is hardly in it.

and whats with the PR bird, is she just after a quick buck or is she somehow involved?

bill pullmans character is really fun, though considering how devious and calculating and evil he is, are we really meant to believe he wouldnt already be exploiting this financially?

and why does jack say he is american? when was jack american, yes he has there accent but he wasnt even born on earth! and it was said more serious not tongue in cheek like the doctor in the tv movie "well yes I suppose i am"

and all he wants is a coke? this is jack lol