Latest Guest Announcement - ROBERT RANKIN

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for LFCC

ROBERT RANKIN

Rankins books are a mix of science fiction, fantasy, the occult, urban legends, running gags, metafiction, steampunk and outrageous characters. According to the (largely fictional) biography printed in some Corgi editions of his books, Rankin refers to his style as 'Far Fetched Fiction' in the hope that bookshops will let him have a section to himself. Many of Rankin's books are bestsellers.

t_retrorobraygunsmall1_153.gif

n141428.jpgRobert_Rankin_-_The_Hollow_Chocolate_Bunnies_of_the_Apocalypse.jpg

Very happy about this, I saw him last year, but never talked to him. I've got really into Terry Pratchett over the last couple of years, and feel I would also Rankin's work. I was thinking about speaking to him and asking him to advise me where to start with his books, as the internet makes it look very confusing, and think it would be a fantastic way to get started. Thanks, Showmasters! :lol:

Awesome!!!

He hasn't done a Showmasters event since...the last one! And the one before that. And, come to think of it, the one before that.

This is hardly a massive surprise, is what I'm saying.

Really? I only thought he'd been to one. London last november. Didn't think he'd been to any others.

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Rankin is a fantastic guest, hes fun and easy to talk to. I've been fortunate to meet him twice and hes signed a whole load of stuff and sells fantastic prints of his art work. If your looking to get into his books then the brentford trilogy is a great place to start.

• 3 weeks later...

He's one of my favourite authors, and I didn't realise he was coming! Lucky I checked on a whim the guests. May I ask, what's the deal with guests that you haven't been scheduled to have an op or an auto from - do they have tables/booths, or such? Sorry, I'm new.

He's one of my favourite authors, and I didn't realise he was coming! Lucky I checked on a whim the guests. May I ask, what's the deal with guests that you haven't been scheduled to have an op or an auto from - do they have tables/booths, or such? Sorry, I'm new.

At previous events Robert had a booth or a table in the dealers area.