Who IS River?..

Tina197

Lots of stories and thoughts are all over the internet from people wondering who she really is, some say she's the Doctor's wife, some say she's his mother (??), etc. What are your opinions, and what hints have lead you to your conclusion?

I think she is the Rani. The Doctor has said she has done very bad things and has also killed someone as well.I also think that is was River Song in the Space Suit killing the Doctor from the futur.

After her first couple of appearances I thought she may be the Rani. I'm not so sure know though. No real reason just a feeling.

I do find myself wondering if River is the little girl in the spacesuit.

I LOVE river song, and I love alex kingston.

who is river, hummm, I really hhope im not angered or disappointed when its revealed, which i fear I maybe.

she could be

His future wife and a new character, not river is actually someone else (my bet and hope but also the easiest so would seem a little too obvious)

His mother (but then all the flirting is very inappropriate so doubtful)

Romana

the rani

(both of these would be doubts as in new who they have no history so a new audience would have no clue plus in classic who they were not lovers and not very flirty)

Amy (doubtful, they are completely different ppl and this would annoy me, not forgetting the fact it makes no sense)

captain jack (cant be as we already know how jack dies, this would also annoy me)

jenny, doubtful cos of all the flirting also jenny was revived in the same body indicating it was a one off and she doesnt have regeneration abilities. plus river didnt know tennants doc, just that he was the doc.

or something so genius we will bow our heads down to king moff?

I was thinking about this question last night and wondered what others think, which made me post the question.

I agree with you, timelord81r, in believing she may be his wife in the future due to their flirting, plus she has dropped hints by knowing his real name (in the Library episodes), and being given his screwdriver at some stage. She also said that she was shown how to fly the TARDIS by "the best", implying the Doctor, but trying to perhaps throw us off by adding "shame you were busy that day".

I also find other ideas that she is/was his mother a bit offputting due to the flirting, but some say that could just be a cover for her.

I've also thought that when she was mentioned to have killed someone, she said it was the greatest man she ever knew which could also imply (in my mind) the Doctor, so yes she could also be the person in the space suit from the beginnings of last night's episode.

So we're still none the wiser, lol! :headscratch:

Edited by Eamane Tiwele

Amy's kid.

Genius.

mum and daughter combo, oh doctor how very captain jack of you ;-)

the thing with amys daughter which concerns me is the look she gives him after telling him, almost a and its yours look, which is just wrong and i will be very angry is they did this. of course it could of also been im not joking look.

cant be amys daughter, as she shows no interest to amy in a loving way, no glances ect, more just friends via the doc. same with her reactions to rory (her dad) or even if heaven forbid the doc is her father, what with all the flirting? nope not amys daughter, no way. please no

Edited by timelord81r

Amy's kid.

Genius.

Liking that idea

Amy's kid.

Genius.

mum and daughter combo, oh doctor how very captain jack of you ;-)

the thing with amys daughter which concerns me is the look she gives him after telling him, almost a and its yours look, which is just wrong and i will be very angry is they did this. of course it could of also been im not joking look.

cant be amys daughter, as she shows no interest to amy in a loving way, no glances ect, more just friends via the doc. same with her reactions to rory (her dad) or even if heaven forbid the doc is her father, what with all the flirting? nope not amys daughter, no way. please no

If it is the case what will you think of your 'can do no wrong' king moff then? :headscratch:

• Moderators

:headscratch:

I was just trying to think of the most stupid thing they could do really.

Although I think the Rani would be stupid because a lot of people would be like "who?" .. it needs to be something with impact for the whole audience I think.

:unsure:

I was just trying to think of the most stupid thing they could do really.

Although I think the Rani would be stupid because a lot of people would be like "who?" .. it needs to be something with impact for the whole audience I think.

agreed, moff is a fan boy but he knows the importance of the casual viewer and the new who viewer. cant see it being someone like the rani, not without the rani being set up in new who some how first. and considering we find out this series that aint gonna happen. will be interesting to see if the doctors wife episode has any baring on the river plot line.

1of2, ive never said he can do no wrong, he can lol, but he is awesome and I do much prefer his slant on who than the RTD slant, not that I hate RTD, but moff does wizz all over him ;-)

something that also occurred to me, only amy and river feel sick (so it seems, rory and the bird in the toilet didnt) after a silent encounter, amy says in the next time clip for DOTM sometimes u feel sick but not always but says it sorta like she is using it as as excuse to cover she is preggers, now she has revealed she is preggers to the doc,

what if is river is also pregnant?

something that also occurred to me, only amy and river feel sick (so it seems, rory and the bird in the toilet didnt) after a silent encounter, amy says in the next time clip for DOTM sometimes u feel sick but not always but says it sorta like she is using it as as excuse to cover she is preggers, now she has revealed she is preggers to the doc,

what if is river is also pregnant?

You have got a good point there. But i still think that River Song could be the Rani i can not think of anyone else who it could be.Although another thought came to my mind she could also be the Doctor either the 12 or the 13 Doctor from the futhur,

I have just recalled that a Time Lord/Lady can sense another Time Lord/Lady. So she can't be the Rani/Romana/The Master (another that I briefly considered)

the whole it feels like there is no ones else id know up here (points to head) from dalek? that was RTD mumbo jumbo, something he broke by having the master and the timelords back without the doc sensing it lol

and dont give me the fob watch disguises it excuse lol

Dose anyone think that she could be a futher Doctor.If she not the Rani she could be the futher Doctor.

no I dont, to many things she says and does contradict her ever being an incarnation of the doctor.

What makes me think River song could be the the Doctor is that River Song has said in past Episodes that she knows how to drive the TARDIS sometimes she dose act like the Doctor.She also says she Knows all his faces.I think she could be Doctor number 13 somethink gose wrong with the last regeration and the Doctor turns into a women. Of couse this is just a guess.

What makes me think River song could be the the Doctor is that River Song has said in past Episodes that she knows how to drive the TARDIS sometimes she dose act like the Doctor.She also says she Knows all his faces.I think she could be Doctor number 13 somethink gose wrong with the last regeration and the Doctor turns into a women. Of couse this is just a guess.

im sure I read somewhere or heard on a confidential or even at a point on the show but the whole faces thing was a lie apparently, and how to fly the tardis, she says in pandorica opens is it that the doc taught her. the line in time of angels you were out that day was a poke at the doc.

reg a female doc, no thanks, the doctor is male, like bond, i hate it when they change the sex just for the sake of it. you want a powerful female timelord, bring back romana. likewise if they change females to males, it annoys me, if the rani or romana came back as a male id be annoyed. or if k9 was rebuilt into a cat but still called k9? sorry no thanks lol

I dont mind them joking about it or even saying its possible as are all things, but it should never happen, like when matt thought he was a girl after his regeneration lol.