SM&ME could ou please

Myself205

At ET3, at the hotel, we had a problem on Sunday. I was cheking out on Sunday like other people.

I needed to put my suitcase to the concierge so I could enjoy the day.

The room was full and some of us were unable to leave our suitcases. Tehn, we've been refused access to the talk room because of the luggages.

I was not happy with that. The Hotel finally found another room but when I went to the talk room, I wasn't allowed to go to the Gold area (even thoug I had a gold ticket) because it has already started.

The con and the hotel are expensive and I would appreciate if this could be prevented from happening again.

Either from the hotel or ME having a spare room for the people leaving on Sunday.

Sometimes hotels are so unprepared. You'd think with two events before they'd know how much room they need! Hopefully Mark has already talked to them and asked them to provide a bigger room this time.

But I highly doubt there'll be a luggage area/cloakroom run by ME. That issue already comes up occasionally for Collectormania. It is very unlikely to happen because of liability issues.

I'm sure TooTall will post on Monday and explain why luggage can't be brought in the main hall. I assume potential safety issues in case of fire etc.

I am really not sure why you were not allowed to sit in the Gold Seating area. I can only assume the crew member you talked to had misunderstood something. I've never been to ET shows so I am not sure about possible exceptions there, but for Chevron people are coming in late all the time.

• Showmasters Admin

I'll mention this to Mark to talk to the hotel.

We don't have our own room because simply the insurance would be too high. There is also the security risk, this is also the reason we can't allow big bags to be leave in the hall, it's too much of a security risk.

And as QS has already said they could cause a fire hazzard. One or two might be fine, but what if it gets to 100+ or 200+ suitcases in the hall!

As for the gold section thing. That is 100% wrong, the whole point of the reserved area is that gold pass holder can come in at any time and sit in the front area. Next time if you should get such an issue please ask to talk to me.