A Being Human/Sanctuary/Primeval Con

What about putting on an event for 3 shows, namely Sanctuary, Being Human(seeing as 'Housebroken' flopped on its side and died) and Primeval

It would be Made of Win :thumbup:

and Sanctuary IS starting to gain more fans, and Primeval is revived and kicking

And Being Human has more fans than ever

Why not

But this time, please be reasonable with the price if you do, it was a major turnoff for a lot of people who wanted to go to the 'Housebroken' con

Edited by Lionesskeeper

• Moderators

Yes I don't think the price was very high for what you actually got.

If you're including Sanctuary in this, then in all likelihood the price would probably be higher due to overseas guests.

What about putting on an event for 3 shows, namely Sanctuary, Being Human(seeing as 'Housebroken' flopped on its side and died) and Primeval

It would be Made of Win :YAHOO:

and Sanctuary IS starting to gain more fans, and Primeval is revived and kicking

And Being Human has more fans than ever

Why not

But this time, please be reasonable with the price if you do, it was a major turnoff for a lot of people who wanted to go to the 'Housebroken' con

Oh please, please, please give us this chance to have a convention, combined or dedicated!

It was so depressing when Housebroken was taken away from us - please give us a chance at a real honest-to-goodness Being Human convention to honour what can only be described as a real phenomenon.

And Primeval, one of my other all time favourite shows, deserves to be honoured! It was going for three full series', garnered a huge following and, well, what better way to celebrate its return from extinction, right?

I have to say I've not watched Sanctuary yet but now you've introduced me to it now Lioness so I won't be long off being a fan, I'm certain - since you always have impeccable taste in shows. :D

However, that's a good point, DavidB, about the overseas guests of Sanctuary pushing the price up. That could wind up being counter-productive, I suppose. What about other shows of a (mainly) UK base then if Sanctuary might be too expensive? Surely not Demons! lol Maybe... um, trying to think of other supernatural/sci-fi type shows popular enough to complete the trio and drawing a blank.

Hehe. Personally, I'd hope for one for "Strange" (a cool little supernatural show whichonly lasted one series before it was sadly cancelled) but I think that might just be me. Plus it might be a little too long ago for the actors involved to still be happy to do convention appearances. But whatever show it was, if not Sanctuary, it'd have to be a sci-fi or supernatural show to fit the feel of the con, do you agree?

To be honest, I was more than willing to pay the price for Housebroken because you did get value for money - the cost of autographs alone would have been higher - I spent in excess of £200 on autographs at another recent SM convention but got to meet the wonderful Sama Goldie and the adorable Dylan Brown so twas more than worth it! That makes the £135 Silver Ticket I bought a bargain, doesn't it? But having said that, it's inevitably true that the prices were a defining factor for a lot of our fellow Being Human fans deciding they were unable to go.

Reddragon, I would love a dedicated Being Human convention too, with all it had to offer but its just not gonna happen right now.

I'm not sure I can afford any more cons this year, mind you. If they could get is one for next year though... dedicated, combined or what have you, I'd find a way to be there. Doesn't matter who its combined with. My Being Human t-shirt(s) would be coming with me. ;)

:D KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

Well Aidan Turner is doing LFCC now, so that would be a great place to show support for 'Being Human' guests :P

Yeah so I saw, Aidan Turner and Tumblin' Colin Teague will be there too! And also Paul Kasey who plays BH's werewolves! Damnit, I'm desperate to go but sadly I already know work won't let me have the time off 'cause one of the other people who do my job is off for the duration of July. :'( Gutted.

Will you be going hunny?

:( KC