Pricing Policy

gazznewbie

How did you find your experience with getting Marks? Was it good/bad because I went for the whole three days and the accomodation was steep so was bits and pieces of merchandise and it was on the Sunday I went crazy and got more or less every Autograph going.

I wanted to get Mark but I heard a number of things which put me off but as this was simply heresy I wont write them here but this is why I'd like to know how your experience was with him. If your time in the queue was civil and if you were happy with his signature etc?

I met him at that event on the Friday. The queue was a total farce, must have queued in one long queue for about 3 hours. However it was totally worth it as he was saying hello, personalising & posing for photos.

Yep the queue was something that I heard about a lot, but the fact he was worth it for you says all I need to know.

It seems that sometimes people say things that often bend the truth 180 degrees when they have a negative experience and thus leads other people to think, "Whoa, that happened?"

Looking back at things and from what you've said I wish I had queued up now. :wub:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to get Mark but I heard a number of things which put me off but as this was simply heresy I wont write them here but this is why I'd like to know how your experience was with him. If your time in the queue was civil and if you were happy with his signature etc?

with him it was pleasant, indeed that was the problem his handler had - Mark wanted to talk to everybody - and a posed photo was pretty much compulsory. I did pretty much what I was told and kept it as brief as possible. I got what I wanted signed.

I was on his first day and the queues were a bit of an issue, an overflow queue was created and then left to one side, I was in that. People who then joined the back of the original queue (unintentionally queue jumping) and then complained when we were bought back over, and were quite vocal. They had to be threatened with eviction to behave, but they didn't know we'd been waiting longer. We ended up it being one from that queue, then one from ours.

There's an even more simple solution, you pick the photo you want signed, you pay the advertised price...thats it!

Yes and then I spend £10 rather than a minimum of £30. Seriously, I could have got dozens signed between them, but not at the £10 a time. Need some money left for Bad Wolf and LFCC. And I have another three events between them two too.

I know it's not gonna change, it's a pity I could be spending so much more money at these events :wub:. Per day I am spending more at other events.

If there's one thing that the suggestions from most of you have in common, it's "here's a plan that would result in me getting more autographs". For a proposal to be workable, you need it to be "here's a plan that has a very good chance of resulting in most people getting more autographs". As I outlined before for example, if you're going to halve the price, it has to result in more than twice the number of autos sold otherwise Jason (rightly) would never do it. It's all well and good saying "well, I would suddenly spend £60, whereas I'd spend nothing before". But without wanting to sound mean, what matters is how many sales there have been at the end of the day.

What I suggest is that someone come up with some data that isn't completely subjective or anecdotal. Then we can talk about it sensibly - until then, to be honest, it's all subjective supposition - and you can't base a business plan on that.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Not being funny but my storm trooper guy sold out every single one of his photos lol.

I just love the way you speak of him as being *your* stormtrooper :)

He was :( we got invited to Japan together....hahha :P

Well in which case I'm impressed, which one was he? Better get him back next time if he's doing that well :D

Ron Conrad... tbf 100 were bought by a dealer and he kept like 5 for himself, but the rest were sold.

I really hope you don't know what a stormtrooper looks like :o

At the end of the day showmasters is a business and as a business needs to make money to survive or to grow. So yeah they may charge a little more for some but that extra could be used for a bigger guests signing fee next time. If you wanna make a point on what you're prepared to pay then the only way to do that is through the tills. I won't pay for loads of bit part guests who were maybe uncredited or only on screen for a matter of seconds. But would happily pay the rumoured 45 for Christopher lee before he cancelled.

Some people have more of a disposable income than others I know when I was younger and living at home money wasn't an object but now with rent, bills and a baby I'm far more selective. Maybe that's why most guests are more for the younger age group as they can pay more

I agree i think that £5 would be a fair price for the extras, I pay £10 for guests who had bigger parts in films/TV shows so I think that paying the same for someone who didnt even have a speaking part or only one scene is a bit much.

But would happily pay the rumoured 45 for Christopher lee before he cancelled.

it wasnt rumored, it was his official announced price! I hope SM will have him, even if he charges more, cause its now or never

But would happily pay the rumoured 45 for Christopher lee before he cancelled.

it wasnt rumored, it was his official announced price! I hope SM will have him, even if he charges more, cause its now or never

Agree with that. While of course rather it was the usual £25, if it was the absolute only way to get him at a SM show then I'd do it. I would like to see him do a SM show especially if he did a photoshoot and a talk too.

He had to pull out of a talk earlier this year and his appearances have got much less in recent times so as you say if we're ever going to have him at a show it has to be soon.