Ashes to Ashes fans!

blue-jackal

Just a little note for any Ashes to Ashes fans who may be attending on Sunday/Monday....

Quite a few of us from the Luigis Ashes to Ashes fangroup are going as we obviously want to see Jo (Luigi) and Dean (Raymondo).

Luigis actually provided Ashes to Ashes with Alex Drake's gold CID car which she drove to Lancashire to discover the truth about Gene Hunt...and this car is also later seen again in the formation of Police cars seen charging down the runway behind the quattro just moments before the quattro was destroyed.

Gemma from Showmasters has very kindly allowed us to display D.I Drake's CID car outside of one the entrances, so if you are an Ashes fan please pop along and say hi to us.

We were bringing the car up anyway to show members of Luigis and it is very kind of Gemma to let us do this 'for real'. Many thanks, and it's always good to meet more Ashes fans!

28100_414790579663_500414663_538717.jpg

31647_398441384910_502499910_391845.jpg

This is the actual car and it will be filled with some very special Ashes to Ashes items.... inlcuding some genuine wreckage from Gene Hunts quattro which I was allowed to keep as a momento.

So come say a cheery hi to us! :(

Edited by blue-jackal

Thanks for bringing the car, it really added something to the event for me.

Same here. It was great to see this and the bullets from the Quattro! It was also lovely to meet some of the Luigis fangroup. ;)

Thanks again!

Not a problem! We were a little unsure wether anyone would recognise the car, so we were pleasantly surprised when it was mobbed quite a few times with people posing for photos by it.

Glad you liked seeing the quattro wreckage.

That is all 100% genuine as I was present at the filming of the airport scenes (obviously) and was told that if I didn't save these bits they'd be swept up and binned.

Glad people liked seeing the car! :D