Can someone at Showmasters confirm for us

Miss Ragamuffin

we have been talking about this in another thread and havent come to any conclusion is sundays party just Civil War or anytime from the Civil War (when Bill was changed) to the mordern day (where he is now telling his stories)?

the post you first left said

'Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the story of his time spent fighting for the south, in the American Civil War, to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting.'

I think it should read Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the 'stories' of his time spend fighting for the south in the American Civil War and his past up to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting.

so in other words I think it means Bill was changed during the Civil War so we can go as any era from then that Bill has lived in to tell a tale but the way the post reads makes us think its just going to be Civil War themed so can just just confirm for us so we can get our outfits sorted :D thank you!

I have spoken to the party director Davey today and he says

Its just generally themed Cival War, so you can dress as the dead or in cival war get up....its up to you guys to make it look like you want it, we just set the scene

Davey

Edited by Rhianydd

hmm.......I guess we arent gonna get an answer!

Sorry guys, everyone but me is at Autographica at the moment. Unfortunately this is a question for the guys and girls in the office, I can't answer that.

I'm sure you'll get an answer next week when things are back to the usual semi-normal craziness. :WINCE:

hmm.......I guess we arent gonna get an answer!

Sorry guys, everyone but me is at Autographica at the moment. Unfortunately this is a question for the guys and girls in the office, I can't answer that.

I'm sure you'll get an answer next week when things are back to the usual semi-normal craziness. :mellow:

thats ok it would just be nice to know so we can get sorted for the party as the outfits will probably take a while to come :-)

This isnt an official showmasters reply, but where it says this on the website

SUNDAY NIGHT: DECENDENTS OF THE GLORIOUS DEAD

Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the story of his time spent fighting for the south, in the American Civil War, to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting

SM/ME like giving possibilities for themed costumes, and the civil war sounds like a possible theme.

If it is anything from Civil war up to the present day, then there wouldnt be an actual theme

They are back from Autographica now, so hopefully one of them will find this thread soon for you to answer your query :unsure:

lmao old people from the meeting would be hilarious! lol :D

ps We had a civil war theme at et3 and I didnt know what to go as, so I wore a white grandad shirt, my black jeans and boots, and pretended to be Bill Compton lmao (well, okay, wasnt male, and had different hair, but hey) :D

Edited by Rhianydd

Well if it's a civil war themed party, the title should be "The Glorious Dead" not decendants of.

If it's "Decendents of the Glorious Dead" then it will be old people and present day - because that's what DGD meetings *are*.

guess we'll just have to wait and see what they intended

if it was just Bill recounting his time, then it would be simpler, but perhaps it is confused a little because of the reference to the meetings

Or.............perhaps they phrased it this way to give people lots of choice. This way people could cosplay as sookie or Sam or anyone at the meeting as well as those cosplaying civil war era, :D

then it will be old people and present day

Actually that would be HILARIOUS!!!!

Us lot all dressed up in tea dresses and grey wigs (I know for a fact i look like mrs merton when Im dressed up like an old person!!!) :wub:

.......its probably not going to be that is it......oh well.

;)

Its just generally themed Cival War, so you can dress as the dead or in cival war get up....its up to you guys to make it look like you want it, we just set the scene :D

Davey