SAW 7

The filming of SAW 3D - the 7th “SAW†movie was completed today (Monday, April 12, 2010) at 7:28AM Eastern Time.

The last day of Principal Photography (filming) began on Sunday night at 9:21PM Eastern Time. The final day of filming took place outdoors in Toronto, Canada. SAW 3D will be released on October 22, 2010.

Guess who is back for the 7th movie?

dr-gordon.jpg

Cary Elwes who plays the famous Dr Gordon from the first SAW movie.

Plot Synopsis: As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw’s brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror...

This, the first theatrical feature to be shot exclusively on the cutting-edge SI-3D digital camera system, SAW 7 3D brings the horrifying games of Jigsaw to life like never before.

Below is a list of the cast we know about thus far, paying extra attention to Cary Elwes name (Dr. Gordon).

The confirmed cast includes Tobin Bell, Cary Elwes, Costas Mandylor, Betsy Russell, Sean Patrick Flanery (Boondock Saints), Gina Holden (Aliens vs Predator: Requiem, Final Destination 3), Chad Donella ("Lost," "X-Files"), Laurence Anthony, Dean Armstrong and Naomi Snieckus.

Stay Tuned for more soon.

I heard that the 3D for this is going to be very good as the director worked really hard to put this one together. Probably the traps and body parts will be in 3d as well explosions. Yes there is going to be a 2d release but the 3d will be amazing.

3D with my optical needs doesn't work well. I work in an Opticians and regular 3D glasses don't do it for me as I cannto wear contact lenses. One of my Lab Techs is working on some prescription 3D glasses. Cool or what....

Im glad your looking forward to this I have been told by my friend who works on the set of these films that this one is amazing and there is one crucial scene that everybody will love but I wont tell you it I hate to spoil the fun for you on October 22nd or maybe the 24th depend on the release date over here.

I heard that the 3D for this is going to be very good as the director worked really hard to put this one together. Probably the traps and body parts will be in 3d as well explosions. Yes there is going to be a 2d release but the 3d will be amazing.

I still don't see the point in doing movies in 3D unless they are big epic sci-fi fanatsy films with spaceships and big battles etc. There's nothing interesting to look at 3D-wise in a contemporary world setting...even explosions as you said.

As you said nicky I did think it be a bit odd for a horror film like SAW to be in 3D but thats what the studio wantec and I was told this pit alot of stress on the director and the crew as well, but they got it done and surposably it will be great the 3d scenes as i said before the director worked very hard as well as the cast and when I see tthis film I will take that into consideration incase its not that good I dont want to totally slate it.

3D with my optical needs doesn't work well. I work in an Opticians and regular 3D glasses don't do it for me as I cannto wear contact lenses. One of my Lab Techs is working on some prescription 3D glasses. Cool or what....

what exactly are your 'optical needs' The spex provided now are suitable for most people who require correction regardless of whether it's contact lenses or not. If it's an issue with stereoacuity then whatever type of 3D glasses are issued, prescription or not, you won't get the full effect.

what exactly are your 'optical needs' The spex provided now are suitable for most people who require correction regardless of whether it's contact lenses or not. If it's an issue with stereoacuity then whatever type of 3D glasses are issued, prescription or not, you won't get the full effect.

My "optical needs" are the size of glasses that I wear due to a rather large head. The 3D glasses provided in cinemas are neither big enough or comfortable to wear over mine.

Marcus Dunstan talked to Bloody Disgusting about SAW 7 and how excited he was taking it to 3D.

“… What I loved about the idea of potentially going into a ‘Saw’ movie in 3-D was not the sense of something poking you in the eye, which could be nauseating, but the sense of immersion. Like, we can actually put the audience in a trap this year. That’s bad-ass. That hasn’t been done. And now, when the audience recoils from something out of fright, the image is built to chase you.â€

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Screenwriters Talk Saw VII 3-D

Saw VI was the first in the Saw franchise to lose its opening weekend (Paranormal Activity ticket sales topped it), so when screenwriters Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan started work on the 3-D sequel, the writers admitted that the sequel could be the franchise's last. Most self-respecting horror fans laugh off such comments, having heard them too many times to believe it.

If Saw VII 3D proves to be the final chapter, though, the series is going out Lost-style, bringing in past Saw characters like Cary Elwes's from the first Saw. Melton and Dunstan couldn't reveal much to Bloody-Disgusting about Elwes's return other than to say it's not old footage," but Dunstan did explain why the sequel is bringing back older characters.

Well, that springboarded from … I mean, you're looking at something that is a Part 7, and if you look at the previous horror film series that get up to a Part 7 … very rarely do those entries take advantage of the fact that they have a history. Like for example, in some where it's a new group of people, and they also die…. The nice thing about Saw is, if the killer — who's not necessarily a killer — but if his method is successful, you live. You're f'ed up, but yet wait, you appreciate it! So this is the one type of franchise where you organically have people that should be still involved, and should come back, and what their stories are I think are quite compelling. Especially, you know, individuals that have been kicked down by a lot of circumstances to the point where a villain has decided to put them in a room with their worst vice and by god, a handful of 'em survived … what do they want? Do they want revenge? Would they like to protect that? Where could that series go? And I thought based on just that idea, that here's a series paved in red but some people stood up at the end of the day, that was fertile ground to grow a pretty wicked, twisty-turny entry.

Unlike some 3-D movies that weren't shot in the format but converted later, Dunstan says that for Saw VII "every single moment was conceived with that technology in mind." However, Melton was quick to point out that the 3-D is not being used as a "gimmick."

In terms of coming up with the traps and stuff like that, is there's always chatter; is that trap that you guys are talking about gonna be a 3-D moment? And so we're all very aware of that. No one wanted to make one of those gimmicky 3-D horror movies, where things just randomly come at the audience. They wanted it to be a little more organic to the story and not really draw attention to itself. So it is more immersive than some of the other 3-D movies that we've seen. And it was shot in real 3-D, so it's not a cheap gag to get three more bucks out of everybody. It was very well thought through, and conceived and all that … a lot of the traps are gonna be really … [taking on] a new dimension.

Dunstan says that the inclusion of 3-D allows the movie to "put the audience in a trap," potentially the trap that the two writers have been trying to include since they started writing Saw movies with Saw IV.

There's a trap we've wanted to put in a Saw movie ever since we had the chance to work on this. And it's four years now! It's the most brutal thing. First time: "No, that's too violent!" Second year: "No, that's too disgusting!" Third year: "No, that's just wrong!" This year: "Ok, f**k it. Bring it." [Laughs] I was so proud to see it unleashed.

When the subject of whether Saw VII will truly be the last Saw movie, Dunstan backpedalled.

There are certain questions, I guess, that are answered that will provide a satisfaction to this. I mean, pretty much we're trying to dance around the idea that we're not supposed to say s**t about whether it's the last one or not. We're just not. Anytime it's even been hinted at, we get like the hard hand over our mouths … I mean, whereas for a moment we thought we could be a little more definitive about it, but no, we're really not supposed to say jack s**t.

Melton put it another way.

I don't know if it will be. But once the dust settles and the credits roll, you're certainly gonna feel a great amount of closure on where the franchise began and where it ends at the end of this one.

In other words, if Saw VII sees financial succes when it opens October 22, then there will be more Saw movies. If, however, Paranormal Activity 2, also opening October 22, pulls an upset similar to its predeccessor, then this could be the actual last saw film.

• 3 weeks later...

The Infamous Leaked 'SAW 3D' Teaser Trailer

This has been making the rounds on what was a laid back Memorial Day weekend here in the states and at first glance it looks to be a legit teaser trailer. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your take, it's just a fan made attempt (albeit a good one) at a trailer...

Probably the best quote we read was of course it looks like it could be real. All the trailers for "SAW 3-6" have sucked. Can't say we disagree with that with that statement as "SAW 6's" teaser was a horrific CGI mess. Either way the video below is worth a look. Stay tuned for the real "SAW 3D" trailer to premier soon as the theatrical release date is October 22nd.

check it out at:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/20...d-teaser-traile

• 1 month later...

jesus christ, saw 7? this is ridicules, the originals werent all that to start with, I only watched cos donnie whalburg was in it along with glover and dina meyer. but man they mostly sucked. especially the later ones, think i saw 1-4? i saw one where he is finally dead but stil manages to kill his apprentice or some tosh?

wasnt happy how they dealt with whalgburs character, didnt buy how he got his ass kicked buy the chick but then they brought him back 3 movies later to crush his head in an ice cube?

a few decent death scenes but overall total tosh the entire series

jesus christ, saw 7? this is ridicules, the originals werent all that to start with, I only watched cos donnie whalburg was in it along with glover and dina meyer. but man they mostly sucked. especially the later ones, think i saw 1-4? i saw one where he is finally dead but stil manages to kill his apprentice or some tosh?

wasnt happy how they dealt with whalgburs character, didnt buy how he got his ass kicked buy the chick but then they brought him back 3 movies later to crush his head in an ice cube?

a few decent death scenes but overall total tosh the entire series

Thats cool man if you dont like the films why comment, It may be a good film or bad film but I do have my suspecions that it could be very bad due to the title that have actually given it SAW 3D, just SAW 7 would be so much better.

So, the natural conclusion would be to call this movie "SAW 3D The Traps Come Alive!". Terrible.

lol sm forum is becoming a place where it seems you can only post if you 100% love the topic you are reading, otherwise dont bother. really starting to annoy me that.

i will watch anything with donnie whalburg in it, and like i said some of the death scenes were good but overall a load of tosh and number 7, really? come on lol so how is tobin bell in this one? as a recorded voice or is he actually risen from the grave?

Tobin Bell is in this one by flash backs its the only way, his wife is the killer that ends hoffman life but I wont tell you how. I think that Cary Elwes's is the bad/hero that helps the people get out of thir traps and trys to find jigsaw but he is dead so maybe he is the one that kills jigsaws wife who knows. Timlord81r sorry about yesterday of course you can post on here if you like some films or not its a free world just had a bad day lol please accept my apologies.

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry thats its been a while that I have posted still getting over my week and the weekend at LFCC but have tons of saw news please see beleow:

One thing about the 'SAW' franchise, good or bad, is the marketing campaigns and the movie posters. From the original design all the way up the latter, just about everyone clamors to see what the poster will look like. Usually they are incredibly witty designs that show an emphasis on the torture aspect of the film.

saw3d_1.jpg

Below from Entertainment Weekly you can checkout the first photo for SAW 3D. seems to be all about SAW 3D since the studio keeps unloading goodies left and right. Looks like the female victim is about to become some kind of not so yummy stew

http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/saw-3d.jpg

SAW 3D will be the last USA Today has announced quoting producer Oren Koules who worked on all of the films. Oren tells USA Today that its time to stop since they have now told the story they wanted to tell and its time to end it. Seriously? Gimme a break. SAW was genius, the rest were a massive cash grab. Some were good films, some were horrible but SAW 4 5 and 6 had nothing to do with enhancing the story. Making the studio over $730million now thats another thing.

Below you can checkout the trailer for SAW 3D and I gotta confess I like it!

Watch it at http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_18634.html

Lionsgate has officially moved the release date back from October 22nd to October 29th. Which will know give Paranormal Activity 2 free reign of the 22nd date. But this doesn't get Saw 3D out of hot water. Wes Cravens long awaited My Soul to Take is opening on the 29th. October is going to be another great month as it is every year for horror fans.

From bbc.co.uk the SAW franchise has been named the most successful horror movie series of all time by the Guinness World Records. The six SAW films so far have made a total of $733m at the box office!

I think it maybe time to get guests because of this great news!!!! Will post more when I recieve it.

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

A big convention over the pond has had a special look into the 8minutes of the start of saw 3d. It sounds amazing to me this is going to be a thrill ride one of the best of the franchise. Oh and people this does contain spoilers!!! Here is the rund down of what was shown:

"Opening where the first Saw left off, we see Cary Elwes as Dr. Gordon dragging himself along the floor, his foot gone. He makes his way to a heating pipe and, mustering the courage, presses his amputated wound against the heat, cauterizing it. As he screams, we fade away.

"We come back to an all-new trap, this time in broad daylight in a major city. Inside a glass box in a large public square are two men chained to a machine. They're just waking up as a crowd gathers around them, wondering what's going on. Each are chained to circular saws with another saw in the center. Above them, a door opens to reveal a woman, strapped horizontally above the saw. Jigsaw appears on his tricycle, speaking in Tobin Bell's voice.....