Questions about the autographs/photoshoots :)

TheLonelySoul

Hi!! :D

Yeah, I'm one of those annoying people that panic A LOT! :poki: So, I like to try and find out as much as I can before the con... I have a few questions that are kinda based on personal experiences :D

Photoshoots : I was looking at the ET3 forum and saw some of the photoshoot pics (they're awesome, btw :D) and I was wondering, did you guys have to ask the guest to pose with you in the way you want (like the YMCA with JCB - that was amazing!) or do the guests ask if there is a specific way you'd like to pose with them?

I'm very shy...I don't know if I would have the guts to ask the guests to pose with me like some of you guys did :thumbup:

Autographs : What did you guys get signed at the last con? Were there pics in the dealers room that you could buy to get signed? Did anyone get their con booklet signed?

Well, I think that was all I wanted to ask...

Really, really cannot wait till October!! :D

x

• Moderators

I haven't been to any of the Twilight events, but my general experience of the events I HAVE been to...

Most guests 'default' to a side-by-side arm arm-around-shoulders pose if you don't ask for something else. Occasionally you'll get a guest doing something else (I've had a few offering hugs by default for photos, and one who started side-by-side then said 'aw, come on, let's hug!'). They're really not that scary, and most guests are up for a different pose if you ask.

You'll get an 8x10 photo of each guest in your convention pack that you can use to get signed. If you don't like the one you get, there are always (in my experience) others on sale in the dealers room. Or you could get a book, or a poster... whatever you want, really. I've seen people getting the T-shirt they were wearing signed :thumbup:

I was wondering the same thing!

This is my first con and I've been looking at some of the photos people had taken at ET3. I would love a posed photo with some of the guests but I think I would be too shy to ask :thumbup: . Especially with Peter, I probably won't be able to talk haha :)

Any idea how much the photos will cost? x

• Showmasters Admin

If you get a gold or silver pass they are included. If you go for standard they are usually £10-£15 each.

If you are really too worried about asking the guest for a specific pose, you can always talk to the photo shoot crew before hand and when you come through they'll ask for you. They'll not be scared, we boss the guests around all the time :thumbup:

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

One option is to find someone less shy who wants the same pose and ask them to go into the shoot in front of you and ask, then you just need to ask for 'the same'.

But really, they're just people - they'll only bite if you ask them to.

And photos are usually £10 or £15.

If you get a gold or silver pass they are included. If you go for standard they are usually £10-£15 each.

If you are really too worried about asking the guest for a specific pose, you can always talk to the photo shoot crew before hand and when you come through they'll ask for you. They'll not be scared, we boss the guests around all the time :D

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :thumbup: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:poki:

If you are really too worried about asking the guest for a specific pose, you can always talk to the photo shoot crew before hand and when you come through they'll ask for you. They'll not be scared, we boss the guests around all the time :D

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :thumbup: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:poki:

Lmao I'm sure they would obey :D

aww your going to sooo enjoy the weekend. :D

Most guest are really friendly and will pose how u ask them to. But most automaticly will give u a hug or the side by side as someone else said. A handy thing to do, is while ur in the que to get your photo done, see what other people ask for, it might give u some ideas on diff poses u might want, or what they are willing to do, i saw one girl give a guest a piggyback at et3, i can imagine that was a brilliant pic!!! lol

I remember the first time i asked 'can i have a hug please?' my god i thought i was gonna die!!! But the guests have all been sooo friendly and have never said no, i even asked charlie at the last one to pretend to bite me lol very brave for me lol

i cant wait till october!!!! eeekkkk :thumbup:

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :poki: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :poki::wub::poki:

Lmao I'm sure they would obey ;)

Hahahaha Yeah IN MY DREAMS......I can just point to Too Tall and say He gave me permission... :poki::P

Aaaaaaaaaaah i can't wait for ET4....Have already decided on getting lOADS of extra pics with Peter & Alex... They'll know me personally by the time i've finished and will probably be assisting me to my room....... hahaha :poki::YAHOO:

Edited by Nina1

I haven't been to any of the Twilight events, but my general experience of the events I HAVE been to...

Most guests 'default' to a side-by-side arm arm-around-shoulders pose if you don't ask for something else. Occasionally you'll get a guest doing something else (I've had a few offering hugs by default for photos, and one who started side-by-side then said 'aw, come on, let's hug!'). They're really not that scary, and most guests are up for a different pose if you ask.

You'll get an 8x10 photo of each guest in your convention pack that you can use to get signed. If you don't like the one you get, there are always (in my experience) others on sale in the dealers room. Or you could get a book, or a poster... whatever you want, really. I've seen people getting the T-shirt they were wearing signed ;)

Cool! :wub: Thank you!! :D haha, hopefully I'll be soo hyper my shyness will disappear! :P

If you are really too worried about asking the guest for a specific pose, you can always talk to the photo shoot crew before hand and when you come through they'll ask for you. They'll not be scared, we boss the guests around all the time :P

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :poki: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :poki::poki::poki:

LMAO!

aww your going to sooo enjoy the weekend. ;)

Most guest are really friendly and will pose how u ask them to. But most automaticly will give u a hug or the side by side as someone else said. A handy thing to do, is while ur in the que to get your photo done, see what other people ask for, it might give u some ideas on diff poses u might want, or what they are willing to do, i saw one girl give a guest a piggyback at et3, i can imagine that was a brilliant pic!!! lol

I remember the first time i asked 'can i have a hug please?' my god i thought i was gonna die!!! But the guests have all been sooo friendly and have never said no, i even asked charlie at the last one to pretend to bite me lol very brave for me lol

i cant wait till october!!!! eeekkkk :YAHOO:

That's a good idea! :D It's gonna be crazy awesome!!! :poki:

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :poki: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :poki::wub::poki:

Lmao I'm sure they would obey ;)

Hahahaha Yeah IN MY DREAMS......I can just point to Too Tall and say He gave me permission... :poki::P

Aaaaaaaaaaah i can't wait for ET4....Have already decided on getting lOADS of extra pics with Peter & Alex... They'll know me personally by the time i've finished and probably assissting me to my room....... :poki::YAHOO:

Lmao i like ur thinking lol, if they both disapear for a few hours we will know u managed to get ur hands on them

If you are really too worried about asking the guest for a specific pose, you can always talk to the photo shoot crew before hand and when you come through they'll ask for you. They'll not be scared, we boss the guests around all the time :P

Lol...would love to join you in bossing the guests around....... :poki: PETER AND ALEX COME WITH ME TO MY ROOM...........NOWWWWW....!!!!!!!!!! :poki:

Lmao I'm sure they would obey :D

Hahahaha Yeah IN MY DREAMS......I can just point to Too Tall and say He gave me permission... :poki:

Aaaaaaaaaaah i can't wait for ET4....Have already decided on getting lOADS of extra pics with Peter & Alex... They'll know me personally by the time i've finished and probably assissting me to my room....... :poki:

Lmao i like ur thinking lol, if they both disapear for a few hours we will know u managed to get ur hands on them

:D Hahaha thanks...........I'll try not to keep them too long.........!!! And perhaps it's best they both disappear at seperate times...... After all a third person will only get in the way, as it does only take 2 to

..................have a game of chess........ Right....?!!! ;)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i LOVE SM for getting us Peter & Alex.....I'm sorted...hehehe (FOR NOW)...... :YAHOO:

Charlie actually is a really great guest for pictures as he tries to make each pic he has with pretty much every guest as unique and as different as possible.... You won't see many pics of him with people with the same pose/expression etc....

I'm going straight in for the hugs....(i think)....believe it or not i may get a little nervous around 2 particularly hot, sexy guys.......:poki::wub:

Edited by Nina1

Yeah I think I might ask for a hug (If I can manage to get my words out haha). Hopefully I'm so excited my shyness disapears :YAHOO:

That's what I'm hoping as well!! :poki:

Lol well I've met a few famous people before, but nothing like Peter or Alex, and I wasn't shy to ask them. So hopefully I will be the same at ET4. Fingers crossed :poki:

Yeah I think I might ask for a hug (If I can manage to get my words out haha). Hopefully I'm so excited my shyness disapears :poki:

Lol well I've met a few famous people before, but nothing like Peter or Alex, and I wasn't shy to ask them. So hopefully I will be the same at ET4. Fingers crossed :poki:

Ooh, if you don't mind me asking, who have you met? :poki: I REALLY hope I don't fall over when I meet Peter or Alex :YAHOO: I usually trip over air!

Yeah I think I might ask for a hug (If I can manage to get my words out haha). Hopefully I'm so excited my shyness disapears :poki:

Just added you on twitter..........or should i say i am now following you..... :poki:

HUGS are always GREAT....!!!!!! *sigh* :YAHOO:

Yeah I think I might ask for a hug (If I can manage to get my words out haha). Hopefully I'm so excited my shyness disapears :YAHOO:

Ooh, if you don't mind me asking, who have you met? :poki: I REALLY hope I don't fall over when I meet Peter or Alex :uhoh: I usually trip over air!

Oooh that would be my worst nightmare if I was to fall. I would go bright red!

Erm I've met Jamie 'Afro' Archer, Jedward and Katherine Kelly(Becky-Coronation Street)

I've saw Cheryl Cole and Joe Mcelderry aswell but I didn't manage to get their autographs or a photo with them.

They aren't really that famous but it's still something lol :)

Ooh, if you don't mind me asking, who have you met? :poki: I REALLY hope I don't fall over when I meet Peter or Alex :uhoh: I usually trip over air!

Oooh that would be my worst nightmare if I was to fall. I would go bright red!

Erm I've met Jamie 'Afro' Archer, Jedward and Katherine Kelly(Becky-Coronation Street)

I've saw Cheryl Cole and Joe Mcelderry aswell but I didn't manage to get their autographs or a photo with them.

They aren't really that famous but it's still something lol :)

That's AWESOME :poki: Lol, I think if i fell over..I'd probably cry :poki:

I am ssooo looking forward to the photoshoots!! I want a funny and a nice pic with both peter and alex... I want alex to lift his top up in one ( have seen him do it in someones pic ) not sure exactly how I'll ask for that though but :YAHOO:

And with regards to what to get signed, I have quite a few signed 8x10"s but they are just left in the protective sleeves!! So I have now bought 2 nice twilight canvas prints to get signed, starting with charle and sam at CM16 nx month wwooo!! 1 new moon one that's got all the cullens/wolves on.. And 1 of the eclipse promo shots.. Nice idea I thought :)

One option is to find someone less shy who wants the same pose and ask them to go into the shoot in front of you and ask, then you just need to ask for 'the same'.

This was done to me at ET3, I was pushed in front of people 'cos they didn't want to be the ones to ask first. The way I see it is, be as crazy as possible, chances are you'll probably never see them again :')