Ghibli-esque

echoamaru

Hi all!

My friends and I are really REALLY into Studio Ghibli (my birthday party is a group outing to see 'Ponyo on a Cliff')

We're keen to branch out into other anime, and perhaps graphic novels, but don't really know where to start! Can anyone give us some suggestions? Personally, I'm really into the fantasy genre - films and books, if that helps!

Many thanks!

Echo :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!:D

I recomend reading the manga Fruits Basket!:3

Don't watch the Anime, It's not as good!D:

Or read DN Angel!:D

They're both fantasy(In sorts xD!) &They're romantic comedies :3

If that's not your thing then maybe read Full Metal Alchemist!:o

Cool! Thanks for that! I'll have a look - I've heard of both Fruits Basket and Full Metal Alchemist, but with such a huge array of options out there, it sometimes gets difficult to know where to start! So thanks for this, I'll check them out!

I'm not so big into romantic comedies; more general comedy and sci-fi, but I'm willing to try something new (hence this thread!!!) :D

Thanks again!

Echo :P

If you want something for a party watch My Neighbor Totoro, it's a charming, funny, cute film. You'll love it.

Hey Hermy,

I've actually got Totoro! :D I'm on a mission to collect all the Studio Ghibli, and am well on my way! It is a cute film. My fav Ghibli is probably a toss up between Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle.

Ponyo was also pretty cute, by the way. Similar to Totoro in that sense! I was impressed by the English dub as well - Liam Neeson in particular was a great choice!

Echo :D

• 1 month later...