WHATS ON IN YOUR DVD/BLU-RAY PLAYER?

Kyle Beech

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire Strikes Back (original theatrical version)

the 2 special editions of each film both have plusses and minuses, ive not actually watched the theatricals for a few years now but hopefully when the blueray is released it will have both versions? and ill re watch them then.

the only things that upset me really on the SE were greedo shooting first (then later shooting the same time), the young anakin at the end of jedi although you could argue thats how anakin looked when he died, its really an empty argument as anakin was redeemed at the end of jedi before dying so should of been the older anakin in ghost form, lukes silly scream that was removed on teh second SE release and temula morrisons voice being added to boba fetts lines, cant think of anything else that really really bugged me like the above,

and some of the additions especially in a new hope were very good.

Edited by timelord81r

i didnt buy the released theatricals on dvd a few years ago as at the time they were pricy, I had multiple versions of all the films already on multiple formats and I was hoping for a proper release, i see there now out for a tenner so might be tempted.

does this set have the originals and the SE or just the originals. is it proper original, no tinkering as thats what im interested in.

as its cheap i might buy them

Edited by timelord81r

i didnt buy the released theatricals on dvd a few years ago as at the time they were pricy, I had multiple versions of all the films already on multiple formats and I was hoping for a proper release, i see there now out for a tenner so might be tempted.

does this set have the originals and the SE or just the originals. is it proper original, no tinkering as thats what im interested in.

Got my versions a year or so back in the sales and yes they were around a tenner and featured both the theatrical version and special edition.(one on each disc).

Interesting to note that the CGI on the additional scenes in the special edition of A New Hope are looking dated already (tattoine scenes) - Still prefer the original versions with all their 'faults'.

Got my versions a year or so back in the sales and yes they were around a tenner and featured both the theatrical version and special edition.(one on each disc).

Interesting to note that the CGI on the additional scenes in the special edition of A New Hope are looking dated already (tattoine scenes) - Still prefer the original versions with all their 'faults'.

which SE are they? as the 97 ones were cleaned up and added to (and some taken away) for the 2004 dvd release like new jabba cgi in the 97 SE jabba scene in a new hope, with a new hope i really like the additional battle scenes at the end. and tbh i actually liked the jabba scene, gave that arc more depth and hans character more reason to perhaps skank the rebellion than it did before with one sole bounty hunter after his head (who in the SE cant hit a target sitting right in front of him lol) makes his situation more immanent and dangerous

some things still **** me off, like lukes lightsaber in jedi having a massive off glow. and obi wans in Hope vanishing half the time, even though if memory is right they corrected the obi wan one but still not fully? ill have to rewatch, i would now but im in a steven seagal marathon

The DVD's came out 'for a limited period' about four years ago specifically with the old and new versions.

Think the special editions are the ones released in the cinema.

Gave in and brought these as they were in the sales and i wanted the original versions.

my steven seagal reminiscing continues with nico

so under siege 1+2, marked for death, out for justice, fire down below, exit wounds, the glimmer man, the patriot, executive decision, nico all done,

used to love seagal, re-watching his movies, I still do, really enjoyed them again, been a while since ive watched some of them, his movies from nico to exit wounds (all of which I own) are all pretty good. after exit wounds is were it went down hill to the straight to dvd crap lol, after I think the foreigner, or belly of the beast in 2003 i stopped watching, but you know what, even in crap I love to see seagal kick ass, no one fights quite like him in movies. and he is fun and cool, and you know what some of the stuff between nico and exit wounds is excellent, id forgotten how good some of it was. and its got me in the mood, im gonna buy the straight to dvd crap he has done over the last 8 years in bargain bucket :-)

so after nico, I think im gonna go for on deadly ground which despite its bad press I always loved, been a few years since I last watched it though :-)