Help with Hotel Booking Here (with images!)

Lisa090982

Ok I have created this topic to help people with booking their hotel if you wish to stay at The Hilton and take advantage of the cheaper rate rooms using the discount convention code!

You can book your room on the following OFFICIAL HOTEL link:

http://www.hilton.co.uk/birminghammet

The following page will come up -

k53cdv.jpg

As you can see from the edits I have made, you will need to enter the nights of the convention that you wish to stay - the discount code is available for use on any nights from Fri 22nd October - Sunday 24th October (leaving Monday 25th October) - you can book one, two or three nights using the convention code

Once you have chosen the night(s) you wish to stay, click on 'check availability' and the following page will come up:

afg1z5.jpg

As you can see from the edits I have made, you will need to put the exclusive ET4 convention code in the promotion box I have marked - the code is GTWIB - once you have done that, you will need to put the amount of people that will be in your room and then click 'show rooms'.

The next page that will come up is shown below:

24edwsy.jpg

As you can see, the rate will come up showing 'FS Twilight Freesale' if the code has been accepted - if you are happy that you have been given the correct discounted room rate which is £74.75 per standard/deluxe room per night, then press select and enter your details to reserve your room.

If the 'FS Twilight Freesale' rate does not appear, it means that the hotel may temporarily be out of discounted rooms - but as SM/ME have said in another topic, they only put so many rooms on at once and SM/ME will confirm when more have been allocated to the convention.

Executive rooms/suites will cost more and are not included in the convention rate - you will only be able to get standard/deluxe rooms on the convention rate.

Rooms reserved on this rate are guaranteed only - you need to enter your card details to reserve your room but payment is not taken until you arrive at the hotel.

You must cancel any booked rooms by midnight 48hours before the convention to avoid any charges being made to your card

Edited by Lisa090982

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys ! I booked my room yesterday online, but instead of enter Friday 22nd October - Monday 25th October, I said Friday 22nd October - Sunday 24th October. Does that mean I have to leave Sunday ? I tried to modify my reservation, but they said they don't have rooms with the discount convention code anymore. I don't know what to do :D If anyone knows how to help me, thank's :P

Hey Guys ! I booked my room yesterday online, but instead of enter Friday 22nd October - Monday 25th October, I said Friday 22nd October - Sunday 24th October. Does that mean I have to leave Sunday ? I tried to modify my reservation, but they said they don't have rooms with the discount convention code anymore. I don't know what to do :D If anyone knows how to help me, thank's :P

Yep - if you have only booked till Sunday then you have to leave your room by midday on the Sunday :)

I have checked the Sunday night and they do have the convention code available but only on a Queen Deluxe room - so if you have a twin booked for Fri-Sat night, that may be why

You have a few options:

You can either book a queen room for all three nights and cancel your original twin booking (if you don't mind sharing a big bed! hehe!)

Or book a queen just for the Sunday night if you don't mind sharing for the one night (you'd have to move rooms though - which isn't the best option - but at least you'd have a bed on the Sunday night!)

Third option - and the best option - is wait till Monday as SM/ME will make sure more rooms are put on for the convention - they only put so many on at first and always get more :) So you could keep your booking and book a twin when it becomes available :)

• Showmasters Admin

No worries Jason :) Just helps everyone as theres a lot of people trying to book :wub: will keep it updated in here :blush:

thanks its people like you that makes go smooth for the rest , you are a star thanks

also do email us anyone if rooms sell out and we help get more on sale

jason

No worries Jason :) Just helps everyone as theres a lot of people trying to book :D will keep it updated in here :blush:

thanks its people like you that makes go smooth for the rest , you are a star thanks

jason

No worries - Im sure with new events on sale, you all have your hands full as it is (getting us more guests!!) haha!! :wub:

Kate, ive just checked and theres still rooms all three nights at con rate :)

Thanks for all the info! I'm really torn now!

Normally I'm lucky enough to get my hubby to wiggle me into a Marriot FOC but I can't be sure it's going to happen this time so I thought I'd have a look see about booking the Hilton. I noticed that one of the rates was a prepayment no refund rate of £59.50 per night incl breakfast which is a fantastic deal but the word prepayment scared!

I don't know what to do! I can theoretically afford to pay upfront but what if I end up with a freebie again? I'll lose my money! And what if I wait for the elusive freebie and it doesn't materialise and I miss out altogether? Argh, the decisions :P

Hmmmm its a tricky one!!! But how about this for size - if for any reason the event had to be moved or cancelled, you would lose your full payment if you pre-pay as its non refundable and non transferable. Its VERY unlikely but always possible

I can afford to pre-pay now but I've booked at the convention rate of £75 including breakfast because you can cancel up to 2 days before without charge.... which is still reasonable

If I were you, i'd book a convention rate room at 75 per night including breakfast and hope for the freebie to come up - because then you could cancel that :)

That's what I was thinking because like you say, £75 is a reasonable amount to pay and with the 'get out of jail' cancellation option up to 48hrs before, I won't lose out! Glad I bounced my thoughts around. Sometimes you just need to hear someone elses thoughts on the matter for things to become clear! Thanks :(

Edit: I booked....at least I know one way or another I have a room for the duration!

Edited by JaneDoe

No worries :) Like you say, you don't want to 'shoot yourself in the foot' by hoping for the freebie to come up and then it doesnt...

There are no rooms left for ET3 at convention rate now and theres still around a month to go..... there are a few rooms but very expensive really.

So best for you to be safe :(

No worries Jason :) Just helps everyone as theres a lot of people trying to book ;) will keep it updated in here :D

jason

No worries - Im sure with new events on sale, you all have your hands full as it is (getting us more guests!!) haha!! :headscratch:

Kate, ive just checked and theres still rooms all three nights at con rate :)

Thanks lovely, I was being a doofus and had it from thursday instead of friday :) all booked now yay xxx