Vintage Carded Star Wars Figures

cargi1978

• 2 weeks later...

Hi do you think this year we could get the guy who had hundreds of Vintage Carded SW Figures?

Think his name was Darren Simpson. Just last year there was not one vintage carded SW figure up for grabs!!!

I don't think that Darren is still doing conventions, I havn't seen him for ages

big shame as I used to buy (well priced) Master Replica items from him,

I probably have a flyer somewhere with his phone number if you would like to check?

• 2 weeks later...

I only need a few to complete my carded set of vintage figures!!!!

Congratulations! WOW! That is indeed impressive! :rolleyes:

Can I ask how long its taken you? And also how many is a few?

I have many many cards to collect yet....Think sometimes I shall never get there lol!

Well done once again on your collection so far and wish you every success on completing.

Ann

XX

^

I would take an ungraded piece in beater condition of potf yak face lol!

I have him loose, loose graded and coin loose and coin loose graded but no example of a carded piece though......

:D

Ann

XX

*EDIT*

Just noticed the canadian carded version with weapon as well.... :(

Edited by anniekins

I was quite lucky in that I bought about 40 when John Menzies sold them off in the early 90s! Glad I never opened them then! So been collecting carded figures since about 1990- been collecting SW figures technically since I was 3 in 1981!

I dont have a carded Yak Face- Im missing a few on the last 17! Have a complete set of SW ESB figs on mixed cards! Also looking for Luke Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite!

My 12 back Han Small Head is my favorite. Second would be my 20 bk Luke Xwing or 31 bk Luke Bespin!!!!

I also collect the Kenner Indiana Jones figures, although I only have Indy, Indy in German Soldier Disguise and a sealed Maproom!

Its becoming really hard to complete a set as people arent parting with their collections....

Hi Marty,

Beater card where the condition is quite bad and not really considered desirable amongst collectors except to open and hav the figure loose for display or graded purposes. Well i would keep it on the card as I already have the 'U' grade for Yak face lol! Just don't have it on a card.

Wow thats is indeed impressive Dr Jones, do you collect all the different cardbacks as well, or is it just an example of each?

I have diversified into the variations and different fronts and cardbacks. My most prized possession is the Takara R2 wind up. It cost me a lot but well I have this thing for graded examples LOL!

I dont own any Indiana Jones figures , but have examples of Battlestar Galactica, Masters of the universe, Thundercats, LOTR, Fisher price figures, CHiPs figures and lots of Mego. There are others but there are really just curiosities LOL!

I have the Han Carbonite on potf both loose graded amd MOC graded too. I still have to complete many 21 backs. a few 12 backs and lots of tri logos. Mine are in very poor condition, what with the yellowing and the bubbles coming apart. I suppose its the inferior quality of the packaging on those particular cards, well thats what I have been told LOL!

Im looking for the gold neck Bespin Leia, now that would be my next holy Grail, if ever I managed to acquire it. Also the 3 leg droid factory R2 would be great as my centre piece third leg seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

Wishing you success on future acquisitions,

Ann

XX

I feel I should introduce myself, my real name is Ross...

I collect variations of Han Lukes and Leias! Got the original Han on SW 12 bk (small head), 45 bk ESB and 77 bk ROTJ (2nd picture). Also have 4 variations of Luke Bespin with the three different pics!

I have Leia Bespin on a palitoy 65 bk ROTJ card- painted neck! The flesh neck is the rarer!

I also have loads of Sideshow 12" figures- SW, Bond, X Files, Lara Croft, Highlander! If anyone knows of anyone selling the 15th Century Connor Macleod in his kilt- please let me know!!!

Ross

• 4 months later...

Hii Ross :D

I know this is late and Im sorry for the late reply to your introduction.

You have a very impressive collection, hopefully you will add to it in August!

Im going to take the opportunity to let people know what Im looking for (hint hint :YAHOO:) as well...

Im looking for ET figures especially well presented and I just acquired the six million dollar man mint loose with repair module/rocket complete with decals and instruction booklet. The figure still has his white socks and red trainers and more impressively his little pocket million dollar man decal, so im especially chuffed. therefore looking for Oscar Goldman with exploding suitcase and the Bionic woman too!

I also am looking to start a collection of Clash of the Titan MOC figures, have them loose but not carded and saw a friends set and was struck with how nice looking they are graded!

Once again sorry for the late reply, but thibk more of this topic as ongoing, rather than adding to it late. :dance: LOL!

Ann

xx

• 2 weeks later...

I knew a guy called Max from St Andrews that was selling a set of original 1981 Clash figures. He used to do the fairs but doesnt anymore.

Im really hoping to pick up the ultra rare Luke Han Stormtrooper sideshow double pack!!!!

Oh and as this is on Vintage SW, a 20 or 21 bk Luke Tatooine or ESB Luke Tatooine (brown hair)!

Thats a shame on the Clash of the Titans figures. I live near there so would have been just a hop, skip and jump to get near them! LMAO!

Also looking for MOC Charlies Angels figures and Maskatron figure for Million Dollar Man focus.

Star wars wise looking for anything I can get my hands on to be honest. Graded even better. :D

I dont have time for graded figures, as I feel you are just paying for someone's opinion!

Give me a nice figure in a star case and Im happy! Even star cases are hard to get now!!!

Think I'm going to try and expand my autograph collection too!

Good luck hunting!

I dont have time for graded figures, as I feel you are just paying for someone's opinion!

I don't have time for figures at all anymore. I do have a couple of things that I kept (Ric Flair and the Creature from the Black Lagoon are currently locked in an epic battle on my desk) but I sold 99% of my figures and sh!t a long time ago when I grew up and stopped playing with toys. I woke up one morning, realised my room was in no fit state to bring a girl into and got rid.

Edited by MartyMichaels

"I woke up one morning, realised my room was in no fit state to bring a girl into and got rid."

My Husband can identify with that, Marty, and actually did similar in his early teens, much to his utter regret. He is sitting laughing, as I type this. I actually was the one that refused to go into his room at that time. Well to be honest I knew he was slightly eccentric, but spending the night was a big no no. LMAO. :D

I was only 14 and he was 16 at the time, so the peer pressure and "street cred" was too much for both of us! LMAO! I do know that when he did sell off his figures, it was a humbling experience which showed me the man he became, and luckily my Husband has not blamed me for his regret.

His words of wisdom that I hear him saying in the background is, 'aah the trials of youth, definately dont want to go back there again". Im sure that you have/will be with someone who wants you for what and who you are including all your eccentricities.

My Husband and I converted a spare room into my display/Hobby room and his collection was relegated to the garage, which he converted into the games room/den.

When I first registered here in 2009, I had a very informative debate with Marky on the subject of Grading, which was not unsimilar to your view Dr Jones, and is a very subjective matter, to which we both had an enjoyable time debating.

Autographs are a great hobby and really nice to display, although you can tend to go a bit crazy and get obssessive with. I think with anything restraint is the important factor and with any collection to discard when you upgrade your collection. Otherwise you will end up with far too much stuff.

Thank you for reminding us of a particular period in time Marty! :firedevil:

Regards

Ann

XXXXXX

I woke up one morning, realised my room was in no fit state to bring a girl into and got rid.

Depends on the girl :D

My husband has his fair share of figures, but most of the geekery in our house is mine.

I woke up one morning, realised my room was in no fit state to bring a girl into and got rid.

Depends on the girl :dance:

My husband has his fair share of figures, but most of the geekery in our house is mine.

Nothing at all wrong with being a geek.... In fact a thread should be started called "Geeks Anonymous" imagine the influx of people posting all at once.

Star Wars geek.

X-Files geek.

Indiana Jones geek.

Garfield geek.

Anne Hathaway geek.

Disney geek etc etc.