Big News....

MojoeDark

Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that goes into effect on January 1, 2010 and runs until approximately two weeks after WrestleMania 26.

Hulk Hogan is planning to bring TNA back to the 4 sided ring as well.

I like both of these announcements and cant wait for Bret Hart to come back. Could we see one more match at Wrestlemania from Bret Hart?

• Moderators

I'll be happy with the Bret stuff once he and/or WWE confirm it.

My issues with TNA certainly aren't down to what ring they have, so it doesn't bother me. I'm just interested to see how this whole Hogan thing goes down. It'll be a shame if he ruins the company.

Bret Hart's deal is probably the worst kept long term secret ever. Jim Neidhart all but confirmed it by revelaing that he had filmed some interviews for an upcoming Hart Foundation DVD Set.

Hogan's involvement in TNA seems to be a case of building the company. Dixie Carter, or more specifically her Father, will not allow him to do to TNA what he did to WCW. There is a major change coming to the Impact Zone, but the removal of the 6 sided ring is just a rumour as Hogan commented that he did not like the 6 sided ring.

He also commented that he had no palns to wrestle, but teased a match with Sting.

It has also been confirmed that Brutus The Barber Beefcake and The Nasty Boys are not going to TNA, as also is Jimmy Hart. It seems that Hogan is using his stroke to try and bring in good talent such as RVD.

I honestly think that Hogan knows he needs to rebuild his image after a messy divorce and the imprisonment of his son. He also has a civil suit pending, so the more money the better. Expect Flair to come in as well. The apparent storyline for his arrival on screen is that he will push the Young talent with Mick Foley heading up the Old Guard. This is a rehash of the abysmal WCW Young Blood angel that bombed, but could actually work this time. They have already begun the storyline with Team 3D and Rhino (inc Jesse Neal) going up against Matt Morgan, Hernandez, The Pope and Suicide.

I do think that Hogan may help TNA as it seems Bischoff is purely in it for his production company. He has changed since leaving WCW and WWE, and is trying to stay behind the scenes.

I like both of these announcements and cant wait for Bret Hart to come back. Could we see one more match at Wrestlemania from Bret Hart?

Bret Hart is physically not able to wrestle. He has suffered a stroke in the past, so physical interaction is not goign to happen. They had rumoured The Undertaker vs Vince McMahon with Bret Hart as the Referee....but this seems a non starter as they are already moving forward with HBK vs Deadman II.

Edited by Will Jones

I think the Bret Hart timing is a little telling of WWE, just when they need a big gun to fight the Monday Night War on January 4th they bring in Bret Hart. Although I think this is a very scared move I think it's still a good one and look forward to Bret's return. I doubt he'll be wrestling, I would expect maybe a Donald Trump Wrestlemania Angle with him backing another competitor against possibly Vince. I know that his contract lasts till past Wrestlemania.

The changing of the TNA ring I dont agree with, why does Hogon insist on making his mark on TNA and making it look different. I think that would go to show that Hogon is here for making his mark and having a Hogon-era. The six sided ring makes TNA different and they should keep it, it helps with TNA's style with the faster springier ropes for their X Division talent.

The thing about the TNA ring is am all for it but, week after week you will see atleast one person making it look awkward. There in ring possition, going for irish whips and such like. Its just not natural for most wrestlers who will train in a 4 sided ring and those what work other promotions switching back and forth. Keep the six sided ring for some of their PPV. Keep it special and not use it weekly.

Just my thoughts

Bret Hart's contract has been in the works for well over a year, if not longer. For Bret to turn up potentially as host of the January 4th Raw is a perfect opposition to Hogan turning up on Impact.

It is not a desperate or scared move by the WWE.

It is a business savvy move. It opens up so many potential storylines.

This could well be a master stroke by Vince McMahon. More people want to see Bret confront HBK and HHH, Vince McMahon and many more. He has the Hart Dynasty that he can push up the ladder. The list is endless and Bret vs Vince in any storyline - there is physically no way it will be a match - holds much more anticipation that Hogan going in to TNA and screwing it up. Hell, even Ric Flair has apparently asked for a guaranteed contract TNA Parent company PANDA just incase TNA goes down....that must show how much confidence he has in Hogan screwing it all up.

As regards ther 6 sided ring, I must agree that more and more talent is showing it's lack of training in the 6 Sided ring. I think that saving it for X Title matches, X Division Speciality matches and Lockdown type matches would bring something special to it again.

Bret vs Hogan....Bret all the way in the viewing figures. Roll on the new Monday Night Wars if TNA have the testies to do more than January 4th.

Edited by Will Jones

I agree it's a business savy move and that Bret Hart holds much more potential than Hulk Hogan though he does only have a short term contract. My point was more than Vince has always pretended to ignore TNA, that it was no threat, he's finally legitimising TNA as a competitor this way, maybe he should have ran a few weeks without Bret and see if he could take down TNA anyway, then bring him in to finish them off.

I agree it's a business savy move and that Bret Hart holds much more potential than Hulk Hogan though he does only have a short term contract. My point was more than Vince has always pretended to ignore TNA, that it was no threat, he's finally legitimising TNA as a competitor this way, maybe he should have ran a few weeks without Bret and see if he could take down TNA anyway, then bring him in to finish them off.

There is no way the WWE would have not done something major for Janury 4th. Hogan is a major name and people will watch. Bret signing with the WWE, even on a short term contract, would have more impact than Austin or The Rock hosting Raw.

Vince is a savvy man. By reacting publicly to TNA he would rise to their bait. Doing this his way is his way of saying "I know what you are doing. I know you are serious. But, I play by my rules and won't publicly acknowledge you."

Think of the times TNA has given free advertising to the WWE on their programmes. Have the WWE acknowledged TNA? No....

Even on the recent Tribute To The Troops, they quietly removed Hogan in the titles and put Ted DiBiase Sr in instead. A relevant name with Teddy Jr in Legacy.

I just think its new that Vince is so obviously responding step by step, Vince has never previous acknowledged TNA in the slightest, when they moved to Spike, when they started Impact, their first named PPV. Vince never responded at all to these. He's now showing that TNA could be a threat by bringing in Bret at this exact moment. I'm not questioning that bringing in Bret is an excellent move it just shows that Vince does feel threatened by TNA for the first time as its a direct responce.

Vince has been in the business for so long that he knows what to do and when. Whether some of us think it or not at times, he does know what he is doing a lot of the time.

As regards this week's Raw, to quote Jim Ross...for the next few weeks the talent roster will be treading water for the Royal Rumble run it to start on January 4th. Well, the undercard has already begun with teh ECW Homecoming Tournament to face Christian at RR, and John Morrison vs Drew McIntyre.

You could also say that the two episodes of Impact tanked before Final Resolution with some god awful booking. This time of year is always poor.

Oh, and although Jnauary 4th's host has yet to be confirmed....the January 11th host has and it is Mike Tyson.

For all those people who think Hogan is going to be a good thing for TNA, he and Nash have made coded references to the NWO refoming and now Nash has a tag team title match........no prizes for guessing who his partners going to be.

The NWO were terrible the last time out in the WWE and they have no business in the world of wrestling in 2010. Nash can hardly walk, Hoga is a parody of himself and as for Hall and Waltman dont even get me started.

TNA has been making strides, Desmond Wolfe has been a breath of fresh air and AJ fighting with Daniels over the world title makes a change from Sting and Angle at the top of the card. However all the pieces are moving into place for a Jarrett/Foley vs Dixie/Hogan feud which will do absolutely nothing for the company. Dixie is becoming more and more involved onscreen and i wouldnt be surprised to see Bischoff show his face either.

Its telling that reportedly three of the young talented guys in TNA asked for their release as soon as they heard Hogan was on board as they could see the writing on the wall......Hogan also claims he'll triple the TNA ratings on the 3 hour show, if Bret Hart shows up on Raw TNA will be lucky to get their usual rating let alone one three times higher.

For all those people who think Hogan is going to be a good thing for TNA, he and Nash have made coded references to the NWO refoming and now Nash has a tag team title match........no prizes for guessing who his partners going to be.

My first thought when I watched the PPV

The NWO were terrible the last time out in the WWE and they have no business in the world of wrestling in 2010. Nash can hardly walk, Hoga is a parody of himself and as for Hall and Waltman dont even get me started.

Why Dixie thinks this will work is beyond me. They could spend the money on bringing in better talent. Raid the independents for talent that can crossover from time to time.

TNA has been making strides, Desmond Wolfe has been a breath of fresh air and AJ fighting with Daniels over the world title makes a change from Sting and Angle at the top of the card. However all the pieces are moving into place for a Jarrett/Foley vs Dixie/Hogan feud which will do absolutely nothing for the company. Dixie is becoming more and more involved onscreen and i wouldnt be surprised to see Bischoff show his face either.

Dixie is so monotone that she made this week's Raw host sound like The American Dream!!!

Its telling that reportedly three of the young talented guys in TNA asked for their release as soon as they heard Hogan was on board as they could see the writing on the wall......Hogan also claims he'll triple the TNA ratings on the 3 hour show, if Bret Hart shows up on Raw TNA will be lucky to get their usual rating let alone one three times higher.

Look at Shaun Davari...he asked for his release and he wasn't even being used that much now. No doubt Hogan would have doen his USA schtick and buried him!!! I like the fact that RAW is currently only a 2 hour show. So, as soon as the time approaches, people will switch over from Impact to see Bret turn up!!!