How many of us in here are going to see NM this saturday? (31st)

xkleex

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I.m not that thrilled with the results. I.m very happy Head Office has been quick and efficient, but I stand that out travel should be reimbursed. Call me american, but It's true: this wouldn't fly in the States. I feel horrible for those poor people who booked flights over. What are they supposed to do now? They're just out an enormous amount of money for something they had no control over. That hardly seems fair. I spoke with my friend about it today, and she agreed that Summit could get involved and put pressure on them for having sold tickets to an advanced screening.

I.m not going to london tomorrow. I've got an essay to work on. If there had been an advanced screening, that would've been one thing, but i can't afford to faff about in london just because i have non-refundable tickets down there. This whole thing is a sham.

I just want to say sorry. If i hadnt had posted this thread then some of you might not have found out about it and paid for tickets and are now having trouble gettin refunds like i am. I honestly thought it was legit when i bought my tickets, half the seats were sold and there wasnt even a hint of it being dodgy. I dont have anything at all to do with the cinema but i do feel like i lead some of you to it. Im really really really sorry guys ;)

-hugs- You didn`t do anything to be malicious, You posted because you wanted to do something nice for others.

I`m sure no-one on here holds you responsible x

Thank you :) i really hope so, cause i feel awful about it!!!

Oh man, no way. This thread could have maybe stopped people from going on Saturday completely mislead. I just wonder if people that have brought a ticket and don't know what's really happened, will the cinema even tell them the mistake? Could people go and be hugely disappointed?

You're a Dartfordian too?? Cool!! Are you a Twiligher?? I could really do to find some local Twi friends, lol!

Hell yeah I'm a Twilighter! I actually know zero people that likes Twilight in Dartford, I went to ET1 and ET2 alone and I'll be going to see New Moon alone, so I'm in the same boat as you! :D

OMG YES!! So cool to find someone close by into the movies :poki: We went to both ET1 and ET2, shame I didn't know you then!! Well I am on FB as Leanne Barden, if you wanna chat anytime :D

HEY I didn't get complimentary tickets.

Son of a...

I went to Bluewater too and didn't get offered complimentary tickets either :( They were actually gonna keep my booking fee too!!

I just want to say sorry. If i hadnt had posted this thread then some of you might not have found out about it and paid for tickets and are now having trouble gettin refunds like i am. I honestly thought it was legit when i bought my tickets, half the seats were sold and there wasnt even a hint of it being dodgy. I dont have anything at all to do with the cinema but i do feel like i lead some of you to it. Im really really really sorry guys :(

-hugs- You didn`t do anything to be malicious, You posted because you wanted to do something nice for others.

I`m sure no-one on here holds you responsible x

Thank you :) i really hope so, cause i feel awful about it!!!

Oh man, no way. This thread could have maybe stopped people from going on Saturday completely mislead. I just wonder if people that have brought a ticket and don't know what's really happened, will the cinema even tell them the mistake? Could people go and be hugely disappointed?

You're a Dartfordian too?? Cool!! Are you a Twiligher?? I could really do to find some local Twi friends, lol!

Hell yeah I'm a Twilighter! I actually know zero people that likes Twilight in Dartford, I went to ET1 and ET2 alone and I'll be going to see New Moon alone, so I'm in the same boat as you! :D

OMG YES!! So cool to find someone close by into the movies :( We went to both ET1 and ET2, shame I didn't know you then!! Well I am on FB as Leanne Barden, if you wanna chat anytime :D

HEY I didn't get complimentary tickets.

Son of a...

I went to Bluewater too and didn't get offered complimentary tickets either :( They were actually gonna keep my booking fee too!!

I forgot about the booking fee, f***! They DID keep ours!

Someone could have been coming over for the weekend from America to see friends, and they decided to go and see New Moon while they were here. Showcase could quite easily argue this.

Not only that, the first line of their defence will be that it was the individual's choice to buy non-refundable travel tickets; there are almost always refundable tickets available (but often a lot more expensive), but people chose not to buy them. They will no doubt say that therefore the fact that anybody has incurred travel penalties has been their own choice (and their own risk) and so they are not liable. (Consider if the film had actually been there to show, but the cinema burned down at lunchtime - people wouldn't be able to claim travel costs back then). I suspect that unless you can prove that there were NO non-refundable travel tickets available to you, you're rather likely to be stuffed on any travel costs claim.

Someone could have been coming over for the weekend from America to see friends, and they decided to go and see New Moon while they were here. Showcase could quite easily argue this.

Not only that, the first line of their defence will be that it was the individual's choice to buy non-refundable travel tickets; there are almost always refundable tickets available (but often a lot more expensive), but people chose not to buy them. They will no doubt say that therefore the fact that anybody has incurred travel penalties has been their own choice (and their own risk) and so they are not liable. (Consider if the film had actually been there to show, but the cinema burned down at lunchtime - people wouldn't be able to claim travel costs back then). I suspect that unless you can prove that there were NO non-refundable travel tickets available to you, you're rather likely to be stuffed on any travel costs claim.

The cinema burning down is out of their control.

False advertising is well within their control.

The cinema burning down is out of their control.

False advertising is well within their control.

People booking non-refundable transport is also out of their control though. That's the point.

Hell yeah I'm a Twilighter! I actually know zero people that likes Twilight in Dartford, I went to ET1 and ET2 alone and I'll be going to see New Moon alone, so I'm in the same boat as you! :chair:

OMG YES!! So cool to find someone close by into the movies :D We went to both ET1 and ET2, shame I didn't know you then!! Well I am on FB as Leanne Barden, if you wanna chat anytime :D

Aw, that really is a shame as I was so scared going by myself! To be honest I never really posted much here and I still don't really, but I will add you on FB! But I hardly use that either and I have a pitiful amount of friends, ANYWAY... I'll be Rebecca Leary, nice to meet you :D

Hell yeah I'm a Twilighter! I actually know zero people that likes Twilight in Dartford, I went to ET1 and ET2 alone and I'll be going to see New Moon alone, so I'm in the same boat as you! :(

OMG YES!! So cool to find someone close by into the movies :( We went to both ET1 and ET2, shame I didn't know you then!! Well I am on FB as Leanne Barden, if you wanna chat anytime :D

Aw, that really is a shame as I was so scared going by myself! To be honest I never really posted much here and I still don't really, but I will add you on FB! But I hardly use that either and I have a pitiful amount of friends, ANYWAY... I'll be Rebecca Leary, nice to meet you :D

Cheers, I added you right back :D You will note that I am a FB geek, lol!