How many of us in here are going to see NM this saturday? (31st)

xkleex

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just phoned that number up there, and got through to someone.

She said the district manager is on holiday until Friday afternoon, but she took my name and number, and will hopefully get in contact.

She sounded very annoyed about it being put on the site, I reckon someone's gonna get it :D

Honestly I'd be annoyed too. I mean, it just doesn't ring "accidental" to me. There's a BIG difference between an advanced screening of a film that hasn't even had it's World Premiere and a screening of a film that's already been released that will include a few minutes of footage from the sequel at the end. There's an enormous difference, and the mistake just doesn't seem possible in the first place, if that makes sense.

Well, Friday afternoon could be ok. I mean, at least we'd know a bit more before Saturday when most of us would've been leaving to go to Kent, you know? I really hope they sort us out properly. I'm really worried about it. I'm glad I'm not in this alone though. Thanks for helping all of us out, David!

• Moderators

It's ok :D

I didn't fancy waiting for a reply to an email that may never come, so I figured I'd try that number.

If I hear nothing by Friday afternoon I might give it another try and see if the 'District Manager' is in.

It's going to be a tough one - personally I'm only coming from fairly close to Bluewater but that's not the point, it's a ridiculous inconvenience that shouldn't happen whether you live close or far away. Obviously I feel sorry for those who have spent a hell of a lot on it, and I certainly hope they do something to help.

Regarding them actually showing New Moon as an apology, I highly doubt that is even possible. That wouldn't be under their control. The best bet is to aim for compensation in some form.

Regarding them actually showing New Moon as an apology, I highly doubt that is even possible. That wouldn't be under their control. The best bet is to aim for compensation in some form.

I know, but a girl can dream :D

Two of my friends are now trying to get refunds for flights which cost $900 each

Two of my friends are now trying to get refunds for flights which cost $900 each

wtf that's some crazy s*** lol

Going to Trading Standards? I'm not sure what that is, but I'm with you all the way! This whole thing is just ridiculous and I really don't think they understand how serious it is.

Trading Standards is an independant body which basically protects the customer and inspects companies...well...trading standards. I know people who have booked flights from America :uhoh: non refundable flights that cost hundreds of pounds.

i stand by my original comment - as an apology, they should ACTUALLY show new moon.

I couldn't agree more, but Summit would never allow it. So Trading Standards sounds like the way to go! Good stuff, good stuff. I've got the worst headache now. I barely slept last night trying to plan how to get to and from Kent and get tickets, then the website was rubbish...I put off doing a bunch of uni work for today until about 3AM, so I got about 2 hours of sleep and I feel sick as anything. It would've been worth it if there was an actual showing, but since there isn't...it's like the energy balloon has been deflated. Blegh.

wtf that's some crazy s*** lol

My family thought I was nuts not being able to wait until the 20th, I wonder what they'd think if they read this :P

• Moderators

so are we all taking it to be false and complaining??

It was false advertising.

They will offer refunds now, which is fine, but they are suggesting people HAVE to go to Bluewater to get refunds, so everyone is paying out for travel to go and see nothing.

The first thing everyone needs to do is contact the head office of the cinema and see what they say to resolve the situation.

Only after that should anyone consider other options, as nothing has been offered yet.

If I hadn't been attending Hallowhedon then I would have bought tickets for this and like a lot of you paid a stupid amount of money travelling down especially. I strongly believe that if you have paid for something over the internet they cannot make you go and get a refund in person, they have to give you the refund the way it was paid. Don't let them get away with this, it's plain and simple fraud.

:D

What's this about somebody spending $900 on flights? This was to come to the showing, right, or am I mis-reading it? Where did they come from?

I'm the same, Decode. My Mum isn't too happy that I spent so much money to go see the film early when I'm already going to the midnight showing. She'll be even more upset to hear this! :/

If it got to it, Watchdog! Who doesn't love a bit of a Twilight media scandal?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

What's this about somebody spending $900 on flights? This was to come to the showing, right, or am I mis-reading it? Where did they come from?

I'm the same, Decode. My Mum isn't too happy that I spent so much money to go see the film early when I'm already going to the midnight showing. She'll be even more upset to hear this! :/

If it got to it, Watchdog! Who doesn't love a bit of a Twilight media scandal?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Only reason I didn't buy my tickets immediately was because there was no around to take me and I didn't want to get the bus on my own on Halloween >_< I'm relieved I didn't buy my ticket now, but I really hope you get your money back :poki: