Costumes and competitions

I'm lovin it. *sings mcdonalds theme tune* Sorry. Yeah I really like that idea. Good luck with Dernhelm I'm trying that for C6. Yes I'm way ahead with my planning, I already know what costumes I'm making. My plan was to bring back one costume from C5 which ever one people liked the most and then have two others. I'm hoping to have three costumes for each event. Hehe this should be fun. My room will be filled with costumes by C10

Okay, I'm just wondering. A lot of people are going as LOTR or HP people, and then there's me and a bunch of friends who are intending on going as absolutely nobodies in particular really, lol. Like a bit of everything from nowhere and nothing really, would we be penilised for it? ^^;

Kat :P

There should only be one rule:

Costumes should be custom made or partly custom made. This is to ensure a level of fairness in the running.

I see where your coming from, but I really don't want this. In my experience this rule has only lead to arguements and, in one case, cancelation of the competition.

Just to give you an idea (I've seen this happen more than once!!!!). You will get someone who makes a costume so well it looks store brought - of course they then win. You will then get at least one of the other entrys going around mouthing off about how they couldn't possably have made that and how unfair it is that they won, rant, rant, rant...

I think a costume is a costume and anything goes. Leave it to the judge to decide if money counts for more than skill :P

Soz if I sound nagative because this is a good idea, it's just that you can't trust peoples reactions :angry:

There should only be one rule:

Costumes should be custom made or partly custom made.  This is to ensure a level of fairness in the running.

I see where your coming from, but I really don't want this. In my experience this rule has only lead to arguements and, in one case, cancelation of the competition.

Just to give you an idea (I've seen this happen more than once!!!!). You will get someone who makes a costume so well it looks store brought - of course they then win. You will then get at least one of the other entrys going around mouthing off about how they couldn't possably have made that and how unfair it is that they won, rant, rant, rant...

I think a costume is a costume and anything goes. Leave it to the judge to decide if money counts for more than skill :D

Soz if I sound nagative because this is a good idea, it's just that you can't trust peoples reactions ;)

That's a fair comment. I don't know how you can get around that one. But as I say It Should be custom made ...still I'm not making the actual rules, so it's up to SM at the end of the day.

I hope there will be a proper costume comp. I know that I wouldn't win however, *sigh* going as Arwen (chase dress) and Helms Deep elf. Had fun dying material though

Got the dye cheap from a hard wear store that is closing down. Don't intend to use a pattern for the chase dress, using a pencil and a sister who is the same dress size as me. )But there will be modifications. :unsure:

Who wants to enter the comp?