schedule update

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

The thing which was awaiting confirmation last night so the schedule couldn't be posted? Perhaps I'm mistaken and it was confirming photoshoots, it doesn't mind. Thanks for replying anyway. :smile::poki:

It wasn't something special that was delaying the schedule. Just something quite mundane.

Not to say that something special isn't planned B)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't something special that was delaying the schedule. Just something quite mundane.

Not to say that something special isn't planned ;)

Haha, you're such a tease. It's going to be a brilliant event and I can't wait until tomorrow. Will tickets for The Hub 4, if there is one *fingers crossed*, go on sale at this event? Thanks in advance. :P:D

Edit: I'm sorry if this is a pain, is it possible to get a slightly larger schedule? I'm findining it quite hard to read, thanks. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

• Showmasters Admin

Not to say that something special isn't planned ;)

Haha, you're such a tease. It's going to be a brilliant event and I can't wait until tomorrow. Will tickets for The Hub 4, if there is one *fingers crossed*, go on sale at this event? Thanks in advance. :P:D

Edit: I'm sorry if this is a pain, is it possible to get a slightly larger schedule? I'm findining it quite hard to read, thanks. :D

I'm sure the Hub 4 tickets will be on-sale this weekend.

You'll get a bigger schedule in your pack. I'm off to the show now and don't have time to do anything about the ones on here.

I'm sure the Hub 4 tickets will be on-sale this weekend.

You'll get a bigger schedule in your pack. I'm off to the show now and don't have time to do anything about the ones on here.

Ah ok, that's brilliant news and thank you so much. Everyone on here has been such a great help in preparing me for the event as I'm new to all of this. I'm really excited for tomorrow and of course, Sunday too. I'll see you all there at the weekend and I hope you all have a great time at the event. I'm sure I'll be booking a Silver ticket for The Hub 4 if they are available. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is an 'Intimate Encounter'?

At other events, it's sometimes called a 'Guest Encounter'. I've just tooken this from a post made by the wonderful Too Tall on the 'How Things Work' thread and I hope it helps;

Guest Encounters: These are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/biscuits) with 12 attendees and one guest and can be won in one of two ways:

1: Raffle tickets: 2 places in each Guest Encounter will be raffled off. Tickets can be bought at the reg desk. The winners will be announced at the same time as the auction winners. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy or the number of Encounters or places you can win.

2: Auction sheets: 10 places in each Guest Encounter will the auctioned. This will work by bidding sheets being put up on the wall at the event. One sheet for each guest encounter. There is no limit to the number of Encounters you can win. If you have a winning bid on 2 sheets you will win both.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their bid on the sheet. At a specific time, which will be stated on the sheet (say 1pm), the sheets come down and the highest 10 bids win. But everyone pays the value of the 10th winning bid.

All bids are visible to people bidding later. You can come back and up your bid if you want. But if you want to up your bid you have to add a new one to the bottom of the list, not change your previous bid. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

So let's say 20 people bid with some people changing their bids, the sheet could look like this…

NUMBER BID

ST150 £5

ST151 £5

G10 £200

S47 £5

G19 £5 – REBID BELOW

ST267 £5

ST301 £10

S159 £9

G59 £10

G88 £10

S111 £7

S1 £7 – REBID BELOW

G19 £7 – REBID BELOW

ST189 £10

G19 £10

ST23 £17

ST162 £9 – REBID BELOW

S75 £31

G45 £7

ST197 £8 – REBID BELOW

S96 £27

S97 £35

ST162 £20

ST197 £20

S1 £20

So once sorted into bid order (And ignoring previous bids from the same person) they look like this...

£200, £35, £31, £27, £20, £20, £20, £17, £10, £10, £10, £10, £10, £9, £7, £7 £5, £5, £5, £5.

As the 10th highest bid is £10, all 8 people with a bid higher than £10 win, but only pay £10. Even the person that bid £200. As you will see 5 people have bid £10. But there are only 2 places left. So the first 2 people to bid £10 win. In this case ST301 and G59.

This is the reason for re-adding your bid at the bottom and not just changing it. If G19 had just changed their bid on line 5 to £10 it would have appeared they were the first person to have bid £10 (i.e. before both ST301 and G59), where as in fact they were the last person to bid £10.

It's a lot to take in but hopefully you'll have a clearer understanding after reading it, I hope you enjoy the weekend. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to have a fantastic weekend there and can't wait to arrive tomorrow. :P:D

Edited by Doctor Who

I can't get there til Saturday morning so will need to register on Saturday. How do I know whicg group I am in so I know what time I need to get there in the morning? Please answer if you can. I'm silver 74.

Thanks

JUst found the answer to my own question so ignore me!!!

Now that James Marsters has unfortunately had to cancel, can we please have photoshoots with Katy Wix? I'm absolutely gutted about James having to cancel as he can't fly so that would cheer me and everyone else up a bit. I know it's probably too late to book a new guest so as you can imagine, everyone is feeling a bit gutted right now. It's not your fault though. :thumbup:

Edited by Doctor Who

James was a sponsered guest, so I can't imagine anything changing other than a talk or two.

It will affect the schedule though and there may now be time for photoshoots with Katy. :P

Might not be that simple. Given that a photoshoot would be additional work for the guest (not to mention reproductions of the guest's image), this might well involve contract revision, which might need checking out by legal advisors etc. (And who packs a lawyer into their bags to go to a Torchwood con?) :smile:

Might not be that simple. Given that a photoshoot would be additional work for the guest (not to mention reproductions of the guest's image), this might well involve contract revision, which might need checking out by legal advisors etc. (And who packs a lawyer into their bags to go to a Torchwood con?) :smile:

Yeah, very true. I know it's probably unlikely that we'll get photoshoots with Katy but I'm still hoping for one. Stranger things have happened so you never know. Even if we don't get the photos, there's still lots of great things happening. :P:P

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

They certainly do everything they can to rearrange things when they change.

I was at the last Red Dwarf con and there was a guest cancellation, so they managed to get one of the other guests to do an extra appearance the following day.

So it's not impossible. Obviously I still think people shouldn't get their hopes up for certain things at such late notice, but I do know ME do everything they can to sort things out for the attendees to have the best weekend possible.

They certainly do everything they can to rearrange things when they change. I was at the last Red Dwarf con and there was a guest cancellation, so they managed to get one of the other guests to do an extra appearance the following day. So it's not impossible. Obviously I still think people shouldn't get their hopes up for certain things at such late notice, but I do know ME do everything they can to sort things out for the attendees to have the best weekend possible.

Yeah, that's why I love them so much. They'll always do the best that they can. :D:WAVE: