Latest Sports Guest Announcement - Gareth Edwards

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest Sports guest announcement for the Sports Zone at Collectormania London.

GARETH EDWARDS

Gareth Owen Edwards CBE (born 12 July 1947) is a former Welsh rugby union footballer who played scrum-half, considered by many to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game.[1] He was prominent in the Welsh national team that was to the fore in European rugby in the 60s and 70s.

In the 2007 New Years Honours List, Edwards was made a CBE for services to sport.

Gareth_Edwards1601.jpg

Gareth%20Pass.jpg

£20? this blokes having a laugh if he thinks loads of English people (the majority of people) are gonna pay that, maybe im hugely wrong just think 10 is more on the mark!

The man is a living legend in the world of rugby. I think he will probably be the busiest of sports guests. The Welsh he played in dominated that era of rugby, he was also a British Lion.

Heres hoping for Barry john as well.

£20? this blokes having a laugh if he thinks loads of English people (the majority of people) are gonna pay that, maybe im hugely wrong just think 10 is more on the mark!

That's doubly offensive ! Once because it's racist (only Welsh people will want his auto ????) and once because it assumes the majority of attendees are English. Get a grip !

You could equally argue Graham gooch was as big a legend.

The England team may not have been at its best but during his period as captain his own performances were outstanding. His century off of the West Indies at Headingley was ranked by the ICC as the finest test innings ever played.

That's doubly offensive ! Once because it's racist (only Welsh people will want his auto ????) and once because it assumes the majority of attendees are English. Get a grip !

Im sorry if you find it racist that wasnt my intention. I do think 20 is a lot still but that i guess is for his fans to show me up with

I'm a proud English rugby supporter, but I'm also proud to have his autograph. This isn't just any old rugby player - this is a guy who was Wales' youngest captain (in an era when they had a hell of a team), the scorer of "that try" against the All Blacks, and a man who in a 2003 poll of international rugby players organised by Rugby World magazine was voted the greatest player of all time. His fame transcends national boundaries and affiliations.

Not sure if it was actually racist, but it was certainly overly simplistic and ungracious. The assumption that the majority of the people attending a show in London would be English is perhaps not unreasonable. I'd certainly expect them to be the largest national grouping, and I wouldn't be unsurprised if they comprised more than 50% of those there.

• 1 month later...

Former holding of the biggest caught Pike.:blush:

THE GREATEST RUGBY PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!! END OF!!!! Does it realy matter what nationality you are to appreciate an all time great of the sporting world.

I will be trecking down from the valleys at some unearthly hour to attend this show and the Welsh rugby boys are at the top of my list. A fantastic opportunity to meet three true legends of rugby in one fell swoop :YAHOO:

I severely doubt i will be the only one meeting them!!

BUGGER, just realised i've replied to the wrong post. Sorry bout that ; (

Edited by THE WOLF

well said :D:clap: awesome rugby player, as are jpr and phil bennett :D

where in the valleys are you coming from? We are coming from Pontypridd

I live in a small village in the Amman Valley, about 5 miles down the road from where the great man was born and braught up. Will be leaving for London at 4.30 on Saturday morning with a friend :(

Hope you have a safe journey from Ponty and you have a great weekend. I cant wait to meet the Welsh rugby lads and have met Phil before in Milton keynes earlier this year. Bloody tidy bloke!

See you guys there :blink:

WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!! :clap: WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!!