Oh Dear

elullatook

Had a think about the film/book thing....if i thought that the film was ...lets say ..a bit dull and threw vamp lore out the window then why would i want to read the books. Its ok to say they are much better but if you read a crap book would you go and see the film if someone else said it was good. I know i wouldn't.

Just a thought.

First can i please say that i am the least narrow minded person you could meet.....i will watch, read and listen to anything that is recommended to me, and it is a very rare occasion when i will give up on something, even if it is boring me to death (a book by J G Ballard comes to mind.)

I was just trying to get across a point...for example..The Time Travellers Wife...wonderful book, so good that i did not want to see the film cuz it would not do it justice, LOTRs..fab films but the book....talk about long winded. So it goes both ways.

I will more than likely buy the books for my daughter then have a sneaky read when she has finished...so pleae do not write me off yet. :D

if you do ever get around to reading the books, i'd love to know what you think, even if you think it's worse than the films!

i remember before i'd read twilight loads of people had reccomended it to me, and i didn't want to read it cos i thought it looked rubbish and i didn't want to read a book about vampires (having grown up watching buffy etc... it doesn't make sense!)

when i eventually did read them i couldn't put them down and finished them all in less than a week. you may be pleasantly surprised!

11 might be too young. But if you read them first you'll know if you think they're suitable.

For me the books are less about the vampire lore. It's a love story and I would like to think they will evoke feelings that all of us girls should recognise!

I know ppl that have read the books then seen the film and my friend at work started reading the books coz she loved the film so much. It works both ways.

I mean, I avoided Harry Potter as I kinda resented the hype but now I'm looking forward to reading them as it's all a bit less in your face.

I would definitely be interested to hear what you think and hope you do give them a chance. I feel very passionate about these books and wish everyone would just give them a try!

xxxxx

Agreed i dont feel breaking dawn is suitable for younger readers at all...even in Eclipse where she is begging him for it, I had to go to work straight after i read that my god i wanted to hump everything :P:D

Haha cheryl!

I love how stephenie subtly turned everyone on without even giving any details!

Agreed i dont feel breaking dawn is suitable for younger readers at all...even in Eclipse where she is begging him for it, I had to go to work straight after i read that my god i wanted to hump everything :(:D

Haha cheryl!

I love how stephenie subtly turned everyone on without even giving any details!

Haha yeah she really never say the exact words, but everyone knows what's going on lol

I dunno really it depends on how mature the 11 year old is and what they are used to reading but I'd say maybe at least high school age 13ish or so but then again I think its just breaking dawn I wouldnt reccomend for a young reading I'd say the others are ok

agree with this - my daughter is 11 and she has read the books, she is a mature 11 year old in senior school and is as much a fan as all of us on here

• 1 month later...

Yeah tbh it is amazing how many people out there saw the film first, thought it was pointless and gave the books a try and absolutely loved them!

i know if i hadn't read the books first i would be thinking the same thing as you!

but yeah i would recommend reading them because they literally are for upto ANY age... you don't just have to be a teen to get sucked it :D

our conventions range from like 12 year olds up to 40+ :wub: