Priceless

cills77

I just want to say something to the lady with the long post, with no punctuation or paragraphs which, can I say, is really difficult to read.

If, as Chelsea said, you are talking about the person who I think you are then, first off, I MADE that dress. And it was designed and a mock up made because it was a cosplay outfit based on the description that Stephanie Meyer wrote, and also based on the actual dress she had in mind when she wrote it. (Please see below picture.)

dress2.jpg

Also it was the Showmasters guest agent who actually invited her into the VIP area, actually I believe he did it to more than just her, as there were so few people in the VIP area.

My post does have paragraphs and punctuation.

No I wasnt talking about a dress that was cosplay.

If there wasnt enough people in the VIP area that has nothing to do with the guests and is unfair to those of us who dug deep to pay for our places in that area.

Is this better for you???

HOWEVER when SM/ME had their fina numbers for the events then would not have made more sense to have all the fans in one room and section off an area, thus ensuring:

A) the gold passes get the area they paid for

:lol: the standard passes are at least in view of the guests

C) The guests are able to mingle with all the fans.

Also one bar was more expensive than the other, but not an issue with me just the volunteer.

Guys does it REALLY matter now? I had a gold pass and didnt even go into the VIP area. I bitched once and got over it. There is nothing you can do about it now unless you have a TARDIS sitting at home. Just chat about the best things at the con not the worst, cuz it just brings everybody down.

Sorry Chelsea I didnt mean you, I was annoyed at someone elses comment over my lack of a line between paragraphs, in an age where text talk exists.

No the girl I am talking about didnt have a short blue dress on and wasnt part of cosplay, but had spent the whole night standing at the barriers.

I am not being a snob when I am commenting on the difference the gold and standard passes have, I am just saying it was unfair for those who did pay for it and some of those that didn't got the same rewards for free.

Also what about the fans who were not invited in but came in over and over again, and those who were standard passes but were not invited in. How can this be fair to either side?

@beauty and bear I agree with you and my first posting was stating how much I enjoyed the event, in fact my topic is titled priceless.

But some people have chosen to take issue with what I was saying which is entirely up to them as they have a right to express their opinion. But so do I and as these issues were raised I felt that I wanted to input my opinion too ;0)

Just think if you were to go in a shop and buy a brand then you get a brand. But if someone else was to go in the same shop at the same time pick up a value own, get the till and be given the brand for the same price as the value, when you have paid top whack you wouldn't be able to find the justification in spending the amount of money you did to get the brand.

But on the postitive side I never pressured any of the guests and was honoured when each of them sat at the table I was on and chatted to me for a considerable amount of time. I don't really get much opportunity to do something as special as that was for me.

Ha yeah, I asked the girl who was sitting beside him (not sure of her name, pretty, young, brown wavy hair?) anyway she said I could so I was like "Hi, I'm not a stalker or anything, but could I give you this? Its messages from fans and things" lol he blushed and said "Man, I feel so humbled" I smiled and he said it was "Beauitful" and had a quick look through then said "I'll have a good read through later" he signed by pic and off I went.

I'll ask him on twitter if he can photo himself with it and send me a copy, not that he will but I will ask anyways =] I'm not smart enough to think to take a photo before I gave it to him

Angela, it was amazing!! I saw it on the table as Katie & I were getting stuff signed, and we told him we were in it, and his face lit up! It made him so happy (:

Yes nicola text speech does exist but thats definately harder to understand than what you wrote. I only struggled to read your post because it was kinda just one great big paragraph but you were talking about a few different things.

I only replied saying I thought I might know who you were talking about and I guess I was wrong so I apologise. To be honest I didn't spend much time in the disco hall bit on the Prom night as it was far to hot in there being a) in a suit and b ) having my chest strapped down with a bandage. My friend only thought you meant her as she was in an extremey revealing dress and she had been invited into the VIP bit.

To be honest I agree with beauty&bear as well with the severe lack of people in the VIP bit from what I saw it may have been easier to have the guests in the main room but with a seperate bit to one side for the gold pass people.

I only saw Daniel briefly in the professional pics, the signing area and for about 2 minutes in the lobby last night and 30 seconds when he went to get his lift to the airport this morning (I'm guessing it was the airport, and didn't approach him when he left just waved). Charlie I saw again in the pics and signing area but luckily managed to get quite a good picture with him and my cosplay friends outside the Prom. Jose I saw in the pics and signing area then saw him in the lobby last night and he was talking to me and my friends for ages and even managed to get a picture with him in my meadow outfit which made my night!

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

After reading all this thread which did take some reading :D I would like to comment.

I was in the VIP area and yes a cosplayer was asked to join the VIP Section by a member of SM which didnt bother me because she was a forum/cosplayer friend who looked amazing in her dress :D Well done to Sam to making it :D I think they should have all been allowed in because the Cullen Family Cosplayers looked incredible :D

Anyway, I think I know who you are on about there was someone standing in a red dress by the rope and quite a few people around me where getting very annoyed about her but eventually she was told to move away after Daniel went over and started talking and had her picture taken with him.... but still it was a great evening and soon forgotten (well by me it was ).

Charlie came and sat at our table and chatted away for a good 20 mins and gave my Sam some advice about acting - Daniel chatted to us about all sorts of things and Jose was such a great guy he sat with us later in the evening when Charlie and Daniel were gone for got to be over an hour.

I have to say I had a great night and so did Sam and her two friends who were with us.

OMG rayray_x - what did you say? what did he say?! oh how exciting!

We saw it on the table and Katie pointed to it and said 'I'm in that!' and he was like 'It's amazing!' and I said I was in it too and he said 'Really? Thank you so much!' (or something along those lines) with a big grin on his face, and he was flicking through it looking for Katie's entry. Not much, but still exciting!

Edited by rayray_x

• Showmasters Admin

i think we have gone over this now and am going to close this thread

in the end the guest told me they had a great time and will be coming back to another event with us , so thats great

and we felt we wanted to give all the fans as much chance to get close to the guests as we can and as all the fans respected the guests we could relax the rules that were in place to protect the guests and make it good for everyone , well because everyone was cool we did not need to in force the rules as much ,i think thats one of our strong points of what we do here is adjust to each event and our crew is really great at this

anyway i am glad so many of you have had such a grate time and we look forward to seeing you all soon at another twilight event soon

jason :D