Londoners and transport

chrono

I assume you're travelling by car?

no coach or train ;)

am going via Euston -> Birmingham Intl (virgin trains) - assuming that's what you meant by route?

won't be arriving till around 3pm though due to (my) laziness, there are earlier trains if you want to arrive earlier - think they run at approx 20 minute intervals once you get past peak hour, but if you want to be sure check national rail? <shrug>

hope that helps :)

I assume you're travelling by car?

no coach or train ;)

am going via Euston -> Birmingham Intl (virgin trains) - assuming that's what you meant by route?

won't be arriving till around 3pm though due to (my) laziness, there are earlier trains if you want to arrive earlier - think they run at approx 20 minute intervals once you get past peak hour, but if you want to be sure check national rail? <shrug>

hope that helps :)

thanx so much can i ask how much u paid?

offpeak fare (adult) is showing as £40.70, this allows travel on any train during off peak. Offpeak return (adult) is £41.70, again any time off peak (think return journey is within a month so you can use it going back on Sunday).

Advance fares much cheaper, but have to book in advance, and you have to travel on that train/at that time (ie: if you miss the train you have to buy another ticket, which will be £40+ as above *may know this from experience ;) *)

eg: adult ticket from euston-birmingham intl was £7.00 offpeak (one-way), as you get closer to peak time it gets more expensive (£9.50 - back to £30-40-ish again in the middle of peak?)

so theoretically as long as you pick off-peak trains there and back, and you book in advance, it could work out as low as £14.00.

The advance fares also may go up closer to the time (ie: £14.00 is the price now, but it might get more expensive if you leave it closer to the time to book)

As Never said, could check out the websites as their info is probably more up-to-date/accurate:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk

trainline.com is also good, but they charge you a booking fee, sometimes it works out better to find it on trainline, then go to nationalrail or the actual train company site (in this case virgin trains) to book it there to avoid extra fees.

oh, and as sazzra pointed out, coaches would probably also work out cheaper, but haven't looked into those myself so probably best to check out the sites she mentioned - sorry :\

NB: you might also want to check that birmingham int'l is the correct train station, know some ppl are going to birmingham new street(?) but assuming that's coz they want to explore (ie: think hotel is at Birmingham Intl, and I was planning on going straight there so didn't bother about looking at other stations)

Sorry this was so long, but didn't want to leave anything out - hope it helps anyway!

Edited by glee

Thanx so much

offpeak fare (adult) is showing as £40.70, this allows travel on any train during off peak. Offpeak return (adult) is £41.70, again any time off peak (think return journey is within a month so you can use it going back on Sunday).

Advance fares much cheaper, but have to book in advance, and you have to travel on that train/at that time (ie: if you miss the train you have to buy another ticket, which will be £40+ as above *may know this from experience :WINCE: *)

eg: adult ticket from euston-birmingham intl was £7.00 offpeak (one-way), as you get closer to peak time it gets more expensive (£9.50 - back to £30-40-ish again in the middle of peak?)

so theoretically as long as you pick off-peak trains there and back, and you book in advance, it could work out as low as £14.00.

The advance fares also may go up closer to the time (ie: £14.00 is the price now, but it might get more expensive if you leave it closer to the time to book)

As Never said, could check out the websites as their info is probably more up-to-date/accurate:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk

trainline.com is also good, but they charge you a booking fee, sometimes it works out better to find it on trainline, then go to nationalrail or the actual train company site (in this case virgin trains) to book it there to avoid extra fees.

oh, and as sazzra pointed out, coaches would probably also work out cheaper, but haven't looked into those myself so probably best to check out the sites she mentioned - sorry :\

NB: you might also want to check that birmingham int'l is the correct train station, know some ppl are going to birmingham new street(?) but assuming that's coz they want to explore (ie: think hotel is at Birmingham Intl, and I was planning on going straight there so didn't bother about looking at other stations)

Sorry this was so long, but didn't want to leave anything out - hope it helps anyway!