Room Share - Be Aware

Rpatts-Forever

Hey guys,

Just to advise and hopefully help the Hilton will not tollerate people caming on floors and will kick not only the camper out but also the people in that room. I have seen it happen and its not a pretty sight when it happens either.

Just becuase people can get away with it at other hotels doesnt necessarily mean that it will be allowed at all hotels. This is the HILTON after all!!

Hope this helps just dont wannna see anyone have a wrecked weekend!

xxx

• Moderators

Does that mean you can't even have people in your room before the prom? Like just for getting ready and stuff like that :WINCE:

No, that should be fine. The hotel staff are not going to be THAT strict on anyone, especially when they're attending the event.

No hotels really encourage people staying on the floor anyway. It's just something that some people choose to risk, and they know the risks involved.

Edited by DavidB

Does that mean you can't even have people in your room before the prom? Like just for getting ready and stuff like that :D

No, that should be fine. The hotel staff are not going to be THAT strict on anyone, especially when they're attending the event.

No hotels really encourage people staying on the floor anyway. It's just something that some people choose to risk, and they know the risks involved.

Oh, okay! Thanks. Then I get it :WINCE:

• Moderators

Oh wait! This is Shadow of the Moon!!! I was thinking of the Hub! But same rules still apply?

If you haven't booked a room that specifically states it sleeps 3 people, then I would assume they are well within their rights to do so, yes. This is obviously without reading the agreement etc. It could come down to being made to pay for the 3rd person or something.

And presumably, if 1 is on the floor, you haven't officially booked 3 in.

That's a risk someone takes. I have a couple of times, and never been caught, as do many others.

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

Generally hotels are fine during events, as they expect a lot of people to be staying.

Most of the time, numbers are down to fire regulations etc.

Hiltons do have 2 adult rooms, and 3 adult rooms etc. Depends who turns up when during check in, and whatnot. And how security is of a night.

Tbh, if someone ratted people going to this con out I think it'd be very selfish. I mean sure, you're doing your part for the hotel, but it's very mean to ruin peoples weekends that way who thought that they'd have to miss some of the con until they found somewhere to stay. Then for the room occupants too, who were kind enough to let people stay and would also be kicked out. I mean we're all friends here, right? :o So I don't see why there'd be any problem unless staff caught people out which in that cause fair enough really.

I just know lots of people sharing rooms, and it'd put a huge downer on the weekend for so many people if they were caught out. Plus, lots of people like Tiffany & Vicky are gonna be royally screwed since they can't afford a room.

We all know the risks, and we all know if anyone gets caught by staff it'd be tough luck really, but if someone reported, IMO, I think that'd be horrible since it's something so harmless.

Ah the joys of doing cons for so many years.....tip....leave the do not disturb sign up! And of course dont order any room service!

Ah, I thought the do not disturb sign was when the kids had left it in too much of a mess and you hadn't had time to tidy up :P

(plus, the third person won't get breakfast unless they pay separately, and they may notice then, depends if they are hyper organised and note how many people have paid per room. eg If 6 turn up for breakfast on a two room key, wonder if they would know) :P

**Edit**

Hubby said it does say on the sheets.

You have to show your room key on breakfast, and they ask how many, on the list it says the room key and the number of occupants.

So, I would DEFINITELY be careful with the breakfast thing.

Maybe take a box of cereal :P

Edited by dragonsanddaffodils

Ah the joys of doing cons for so many years.....tip....leave the do not disturb sign up! And of course dont order any room service!

Ah, I thought the do not disturb sign was when the kids had left it in too much of a mess and you hadn't had time to tidy up ;)

(plus, the third person won't get breakfast unless they pay separately, and they may notice then, depends if they are hyper organised and note how many people have paid per room. eg If 6 turn up for breakfast on a two room key, wonder if they would know) :headscratch:

**Edit**

Hubby said it does say on the sheets.

You have to show your room key on breakfast, and they ask how many, on the list it says the room key and the number of occupants.

So, I would DEFINITELY be careful with the breakfast thing.

Maybe take a box of cereal :D

haha i don't really do breakfast that much so thats me sorted ;)

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they'd grass each other up, not at all.

Just that say room service come round and see someone on the floor? They ain't gonna be too chuffed

Oh I know :headscratch: Just saying that it'd be horrible if it did happen to someone. Rhi you should bring one of your fabulous cakes to sort out the breakfast sneaking around for some people ;) You seriously should bring one to a con some time!

Bargain! :D

Whereas we are SSOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to the breakfast!!!!

We actually thought of paying for one room for two nights and letting the boys camp out on the floor,

but we looked up the price of breakfast,

weighed that up against the stress of trying to sneak two kids in the room, including one 11 year old who is far too honest for his own good and would blurt it out at reception :D

and decided we would treat them to their very own adjoining room for the first time ever!

They can't wait! ;)

Matthew is excited at the thought of their own biscuits and hot chocolate :D

and is really excited at the thought of the special gift for being in the room, so that sold it really!

Kieran is looking forward to control over the remote control (best check certain stuff is locked out at reception! :headscratch: ) :D

We knew we couldn't go to ET2 so I thought treat them to their own room :D

The only down side is that we couldn't stay the extra night (but that would have been £300 for the rooms! ) ;)

And hubby starts his new job the day after

Bum! Just realised how much I typed!

Sorry! Will take up one finger typing instead :D

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they'd grass each other up, not at all.

Just that say room service come round and see someone on the floor? They ain't gonna be too chuffed

Oh I know ^_^ Just saying that it'd be horrible if it did happen to someone. Rhi you should bring one of your fabulous cakes to sort out the breakfast sneaking around for some people :P You seriously should bring one to a con some time!

I REALLY want to!

I am trying to work out if I can, but it just wouldn't go very far.

5 weddings next week to do too :(

VERY tempted to though :D

(Have had someone enquiring about cake for cons by email, so REALLY keeping my fingers crossed, but haven't heard anything back since, so SSSSHHHHHH!)

I'd love a rhi cake haha *stomach just rumbled*

Think im totally gonna take up dominoes on their offer!

Any pizza any size £9.99

jeeeez you'd just get the biggest wouldnt you? even if you dont eat it, just to get the money's worth! haha

Great minds :headscratch:

I'd love a rhi cake haha *stomach just rumbled*

Think im totally gonna take up dominoes on their offer!

Any pizza any size £9.99

jeeeez you'd just get the biggest wouldnt you? even if you dont eat it, just to get the money's worth! haha

Great minds :firedevil:

HAHA yesss! though i dont eat pizza so for me it wuld be pointless just to get it for the price :headscratch: