Interaction and show-specific events

Psychosis

Hiya!

I was looking around some of the other events and noticed a number of things that were quite cool. examples being your idea of a triwizard tournament, and the ET fanfic.

I might be alone in thinking this, and if I am please say so, but I quite like the idea of having that kind of show-specific interaction at the event. I don't mean things that cost a lot of money, or anything really more tan some paper or materials, an empty room and a bit of man-power between events. Compared to other events I've been to in past, there's a period in the middle of the day, even at the busiest event, when I'm wandering around wondering what to do. I loved the quizes you ran at Eclipse and I doubt they cost you too much (although I don't presume anything for sure LOL).

For this event, what about some things like this:

- Browncoats/Alliance war. Could be anything from a quiz with representatives from each side, to a strategy game of some sort

- Bringing back the group names from Eclipse 1. They were so much fun! I used to love going to other events and getting a Kaylee tag or a Mal tag. I get that there was confusion, but if you were able to consider bringing them back perhaps you could put "Group 1. - Group Name" instead, so we get the best of both worlds

- Cosplay competition in the evening before or during the parties. After all, there is a proper stage!

There's lots and lots that could be done with the Buffy world for little cost, that could be done in smaller rooms, or in the available hall or lobby or photoshoot area, or whichever rooms you aren't using, between signings and talks. Just a little extra there to keep people busy. The way you've themed some of the events is absolutely fantastic - I loved what you did with Eclipse 1 and from what I can tell there are some fabulous ideas that are going into MM and went into the first ET. There have been little things with the other events too, but I think a touch more could be done to really get some of the other events into the swing of things. Of course, you could have lots planned for this event and I'm not assuming that you don't. Please don't take any of this as a criticism, simply a suggestion.

Consider this a soap box, if you don't mind, for others to air their suggestions if they want to of what could make Hallowhedon even more fun for the fans. Naturally we don't expect you to do any of it, SM/ME, but the suggestions will (hopefully! LOL) be here if you want them.

I really like the debate idea that someone came up with earlier.......

You could have two or 3 people debating that their show was the best......

So there could be a team for Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and Dr Horrible

I really love the idea of it, then their could be participation from the people watching as well.

The only problem would be organizing the teams, but I think it could work if a debate team leader was preselected (like on the forum or something) and then attendees could put their name down for a show they would be willing to debate for and the names could be picked out a hat or something. It's something different and would be really interesting to watch even if you weren't "on stage"

Edited by Elspeth

yeah i like the idea of a debate team wouldnt be that hard to set up the forum before the event - i think?

also any chance of some props or displays of some kind being there - kinda like what you had at Eclipse with the timeline room or issac's studio dont know maybe a mini graveyard scene or a chair done up with wires for dollhouse or something

Edited by killerinc

I reckon a debate'd be awesome fun, maybe if possible we SM could ask one of the guest to be the compare for it, or maybe a quiz contest a'la every game show on TV ever and the winner can be named the ultimate whedonite (Or in the vein of 'Commentary', they could just be 'a huge F***ing nerd', both would be cool).

Though any of these game ideas would be way more fun if somehow one of the guest was also playing or involved, who wouldn't wanna be on a debate team with one of the stars of the show?

They didnt sort the debates out on the forum, you signed up for it at the event.. and then they put all the names into a hat and randomly picked out members for each team.

oor the last one they just randomly picked out ticket numbers.

I think it'd be best to sign up, because some people might not want to do it, so picking ticked numbers might not be the best solution......... I'd love to see a debate though!

Haha just had a funny thought, imagine at the night at the tropcana party if he betting was done with "kittens", kitten cards rather then fake money or something LOL!

a debate does sound fun. It's really be a contest to see who is the bigger Joss nerd lol. I love us all and i think it would be hilarious and fun.

Being that Buffy is my favorite show we could also do something along the lines with OMWF? i know we all know the songs seeing the thread for that game going on. Could be fun to just act it out and be crazy. Ode to Joss and Buffy and what not. That'd be kinda cool...maybe...dunno if anyone'd be up for that

I think it'd be best to sign up, because some people might not want to do it, so picking ticked numbers might not be the best solution......... I'd love to see a debate though!

Haha just had a funny thought, imagine at the night at the tropcana party if he betting was done with "kittens", kitten cards rather then fake money or something LOL!

Oh god I love that, there must be one table of Kitten poker somewhere, it's not even a question it's so gotta happen. Even if it's only on one table it's just way to awesome to pass up

a debate does sound fun. It's really be a contest to see who is the bigger Joss nerd lol. I love us all and i think it would be hilarious and fun.

Being that Buffy is my favorite show we could also do something along the lines with OMWF? i know we all know the songs seeing the thread for that game going on. Could be fun to just act it out and be crazy. Ode to Joss and Buffy and what not. That'd be kinda cool...maybe...dunno if anyone'd be up for that

I'd be up for that, maybe make it like Rocky Horror where we act it out in front of the show itself. That'd be wicked amounts of fun.

Oh god I love that, there must be one table of Kitten poker somewhere, it's not even a question it's so gotta happen. Even if it's only on one table it's just way to awesome to pass up

I'd be up for that, maybe make it like Rocky Horror where we act it out in front of the show itself. That'd be wicked amounts of fun.

Oooh i like that the Rocky Horror idea! so fun :)

OMG. We should totally do something musical. We can enlist people to sing and people to dance, and some to do both. I'd join in! LOL.

Edit: Although I hate the episode and don't know any of the songs, lol.

Edited by Psychosis

once more with feeling cos unfortunately this con doesn't cover dr horrible.

we posted about kareoke quite a while ago and mentioned doing once more with feeling songs. think it would be cool. and maybe we could get James to do the spike bits :)

OMG. We should totally do something musical. We can enlist people to sing and people to dance, and some to do both. I'd join in! LOL.

Edit: Although I hate the episode and don't know any of the songs, lol.

Ya i'm w/ Buffy_Angel. u hate the episode?! Why?

I'm not gonna lie i love musicals they make my soul complete and the fact that musicals and Buffy merged made my inner drama queen super happy!

I would love to be a part of it. Karaoke style or Rocky Horror. I know all the songs! lol i just freaking love it. I'm up for either. It'd be so cool if we could involve James and Nick too!

We could still do Dr. Horrible sing along. I mean we may not have any representation from it but i mean hey this is HalloWHEDON we can celebrate all of Joss' amazing work in w/e way we can. I don't really know any of the songs cause i've only seen it once but it's good and i'm sure lots of people know it.

but ya i'm totally for Rocky Horroring OMWF or doing it up karaoke style lol

k i'm done babbling :)

I think it's better to not have to sign up, some people who want to do it may just forget to sign up, or if someone who doesn't want to do it number is called they may change their mind and decide to have a go.

Plus if everyone has a chance of being called it's more scary, it could really be anyone picked. What's Halloween without a little fear. :P

I actually hate the ep BECAUSE I love musicals. Because if that ep was a musical, I would absolutely slate it for the quality of writing, direction, and apalling vocals (except for a few). It only succeeded because it was Buffy and "different", IMO. As a musical, it is epic fail.

I actually hate the ep BECAUSE I love musicals. Because if that ep was a musical, I would absolutely slate it for the quality of writing, direction, and apalling vocals (except for a few). It only succeeded because it was Buffy and "different", IMO. As a musical, it is epic fail.

Understandable then. i just love that they sing and dance and that i can take that episode with me in the car and sing along to it. it's like insta buffy where ever i go but i totally get the not liking it part from that point of view. i like the songs tho. super fun!

and if we do this i so plan on making an ass of myself i'm so excited!

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya!

I was looking around some of the other events and noticed a number of things that were quite cool. examples being your idea of a triwizard tournament, and the ET fanfic.

I might be alone in thinking this, and if I am please say so, but I quite like the idea of having that kind of show-specific interaction at the event. I don't mean things that cost a lot of money, or anything really more tan some paper or materials, an empty room and a bit of man-power between events. Compared to other events I've been to in past, there's a period in the middle of the day, even at the busiest event, when I'm wandering around wondering what to do. I loved the quizes you ran at Eclipse and I doubt they cost you too much (although I don't presume anything for sure LOL).

For this event, what about some things like this:

- Browncoats/Alliance war. Could be anything from a quiz with representatives from each side, to a strategy game of some sort

- Bringing back the group names from Eclipse 1. They were so much fun! I used to love going to other events and getting a Kaylee tag or a Mal tag. I get that there was confusion, but if you were able to consider bringing them back perhaps you could put "Group 1. - Group Name" instead, so we get the best of both worlds

- Cosplay competition in the evening before or during the parties. After all, there is a proper stage!

There's lots and lots that could be done with the Buffy world for little cost, that could be done in smaller rooms, or in the available hall or lobby or photoshoot area, or whichever rooms you aren't using, between signings and talks. Just a little extra there to keep people busy. The way you've themed some of the events is absolutely fantastic - I loved what you did with Eclipse 1 and from what I can tell there are some fabulous ideas that are going into MM and went into the first ET. There have been little things with the other events too, but I think a touch more could be done to really get some of the other events into the swing of things. Of course, you could have lots planned for this event and I'm not assuming that you don't. Please don't take any of this as a criticism, simply a suggestion.

Consider this a soap box, if you don't mind, for others to air their suggestions if they want to of what could make Hallowhedon even more fun for the fans. Naturally we don't expect you to do any of it, SM/ME, but the suggestions will (hopefully! LOL) be here if you want them.

I thought i might try and bump up this thread to see if anyone else had cool ideas :) or if we were gonna go w/ any of the ideas we came up with so far