Torchwood Trivia Game

Doctor Who

After seeing a thread in the Hallowhedon section titled 'Buffy Trivia Game' and noticing on The Hub 3's website that there will be various activites at the event from photoshoots to quzzies, I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread. As well as being a bit of fun in the run-up to the event, it will also help all of us Torchwood fans test our knowledge before the quizzes if they take place. So let's get our memory caps on. :smile:

The rules of the game are as follows; the person with the answer to the first question will set the second question and the person who answers the second question will then set the third question. This will then run in a loop until we all run out of questions to ask which I doubt will be for a very long time. Questions can range from 'What quote is this episode from and who said it?' to 'What was the name of the actor that played this character in this episode?'.

I'll start this game off with a question that isn't too hard but at the same time, isn't too easy. The first question is; What was the name of Owen Harper's fiance? I hope some of you know the answer or this thread will never kick off lol. B)

Edited by Doctor Who

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the name of Owen Harper's fiance? I hope some of you know the answer or this thread will never kick off lol. :smile:

Katie!

Question #2:

Can you sing the jingle for Rhys' haulage company?

(Just write down the words on here!)

Edited by PlayfulHeartMonkey

Who ordered pizza under the name Torchwood?

Owen.

Which antique does Jack and Ianto use in there tryst?

It's their... and it's a Stopwatch 8D

Urm...

How many radio plays have there been?

They never have, have they?

I'm not sure but that's what I thought earlier too. They might have done in End of Days when there was the roman soldier/viking in the cell but I'm not 100 percent sure that it was PC Andy who took them to the soldier so I'd have to check my DVDs. All I can remember at this moment is PC Andy saying in Day Five, 'Was Ianto gay?' with Gwen's typical 'Shutup' lol. At the moment, I can't quite remember if PC Andy and Ianto ever spoke to each other in Asylum either. Hmm, it's a very tricky one. If no one can get the answer in a few days, you can set another question if you want Blackbird. :(B)

Edited by Doctor Who

I was thinking that too but yaknow.

It was Andy that showed them in in EoD btw. But it wasn't Jack and Ianto, it was Jack and Gwen...

Unless Andy and Doc out how count as a Ianto Andy interaction...

Edited by Never

I was thinking that too but yaknow.

It was Andy that showed them in in EoD btw. But it wasn't Jack and Ianto, it was Jack and Gwen...

Unless Andy and Doc out how count as a Ianto Andy interaction...

Ah ok, I did think that it was PC Andy but forgot that it was only Jack and Gwen. Hmm, personally I'm going to vote for Ianto and Andy interacting 0 times like Martha and Jenny did in Doctor Who. That was really strange that they never said a 'hi' or anything on screen. I think I'm going to have to pass on this question if i'm not correct as it's too hard or time-consuming for me. Someone may have the answer but I think you might have to tell us the answer and set another question if we're all wrong, Blackbird. Well done though, you're the first person to set a question that we couldn't answer. :(B)

Edited by Doctor Who

Then that makes me confused how Andy came to the assumption Ianto was gay...

Oh yeah, good point. Hmm, perhaps Andy sometimes just saw Jack and Ianto with the team when they walked in on the scenes and he came to that assumption? I have no idea, I'm completely puzzled but there'll be some sort of reason. He may even have seen them eating out in the restaraunt like Ianto's sister's friend did. ;)

Oh, dear, I hadn't meant to kill the game. I asked the question (badly, actually) following on from the Radio Play one because PC Andy and Ianto were in a scene together during Asylum, which was the first radio play of this year.

So to get the game started again, here's one that's fairer and easier:

Who composed the incidental music (as opposed to the main theme) for Torchwood over the years?

How many episodes were there the first series. (but it's the same number for the second aswell.)

13. I think if someone doesn't know that, they need to get off this board lol.

Where did we first find out Andy's last name, and what is it?

13. I think if someone doesn't know that, they need to get off this board lol.

Where did we first find out Andy's last name, and what is it?

PC Andy Davidson and I can't remember a reference to his second name in an episode but have read it on the official website and I'm sure Tom Price has said it before in an interview. I hope that's right, my question is;

What year/time period were the people who came through the rift in the episode 'Out of Time' from?

Edited by Doctor Who

What year/time period were the people who came through the rift in the episode 'Out of Time' from?

Was one of the books and now that I asked, for the life of me I can't remember. Think it was Another Life but it may have been later than that.

About a week before Christmas, 1953 8D

Which member of Torchwood hasn't been in Doctor Who?

Edited by Never

In Children of Earth what is Timothy White's real name?

Clement MacDonald

What is the true name of Mary who was played by Daniela Denby Ashe (who is attending this convention in 81 days time, yay ;)) and appeared in 'Greeks Bearing Gifts', the seventh episode of Torchwood series one?

Edited by Doctor Who

What is the true and full name of Mary who was played by Daniela Denby Ashe (who is attending this convention in 81 days time, yay ;)) in 'Greeks Bearing Gifts', the seventh episode of Torchwood series one?

Do you mean Philoctetes? Because that wasn't her real name. Just a way to explain to Tosh what/who she is.

Urm...

How many times has Owen been shot?