Looking For Friends

trulyaddicted

I'm thinking about booking tickets for the Muggle Mayhem Con in August and was wondering weather or not to book as I will be on my own and have no idea if there will be people of the same age attending as I don't want to be billy no mates. Not to sound stupid but what exactly is the difference between tickets and for the price what exactly you don't get if you choose the less cheaper option. Thanks.

First welcome to the forum, and I just love your username! :P

There's people of all ages and the crowd is generally a very friendly bunch, so don't worry. You'll have company in a heartbeat! :P

The more expensive Gold tickets do have the photo shoots with the guests included. But you can buy those separately if you get the cheaper tickets.

The Gold Ticket holders also get reserved seating space near the front of the main hall. The seating for standard ticket starts behind that area.

Gold Ticket holders also do get a couple of convention exclusives with their goodie bag, I think a t-shirt and a mug were mentioned.

The main thing that you can't get with a standard ticket that's Gold Ticket exclusive is the VIP drinks reception with the guests. That means all Gold Ticket holders meet up in a separate room, have a drink and the guests walk around and talk with every group. Kind of like a cocktail party with other drinks than cocktails.

From what I can gather, there are going to be a fair number of people going on their own. At present I am going with one friend, but we want to make lots of new friends (aw man how cheesy does that sound?) as I'm sure everyone else does.

On the Gold ticket thing. I am skint so I had to get the regular ticket, but it'll still be good fun, and that's what I'm there for!

Thanks for all your lovely replies. You've put my mind at rest. It all sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. My first con, I'm so excited. I've been reading all the small print, but I still have questions. What exactly is going to happen by that I mean what kInd of things will be happening as I have not seen a timetable for the day. Will I need to arrive by 9am Friday morning? If so then I'll need to arrive the day before. Once again thanks.

There's autograph signings, photo sessions with the guests and talks where the guests are on stage and answer questions from the audience.

I'm not sure if this event will be different than the ones before. Seeing Mugglenet is involved there may be more non-guest related events than for example at the Stargate conventions. Maybe TooTall or Showmasters have more details for you.

The general time table for Friday is registration in the early afternoon, the dealers room opens in the late afternoon, then there's an opening ceremony around 6 PM, followed by the VIP drinks reception and the general party.

Saturday and Sunday morning the photos and autograph signings take place, then in the afternoon its the talks. Saturday also has a themed party, Sunday will probably have a more relaxed chill out party.

An exact time table will be posted more closer to the event. But if you keep an eye on the forum you will catch updates. I'm expecting the party themes should be announced soon, and if there's special events this will be posted here as well.

I'm 24 and my sis is older than me and we'll both be there so they'll be people of diffo age groups, plus Nik will be 20 on Saturday woop woop and Selb is almost there lolz

I'm thinking about booking tickets for the Muggle Mayhem Con in August and was wondering weather or not to book as I will be on my own and have no idea if there will be people of the same age attending as I don't want to be billy no mates. Not to sound stupid but what exactly is the difference between tickets and for the price what exactly you don't get if you choose the less cheaper option. Thanks.

ooo a fello Snape fan I see :thumbup: I'm 26 by the way - I hope you decide to come :thumbup:

I went to my first convention in Feb, Eternal Twilight and wasn't sure what to expect. We all had such a good time. Whilst my sisters and friends are teenagers me and my friend are very late twenties infact thats being kind to my friend!! Its a real mix of people. You wll ave a great time!! I getting quite concerned that at my age i'm getting so excited about these events but i seem to just get more obsessed with age!!