read this its interesting

the4thtimelord

I am in a picky vain of thought today. Totally see what you are saying, but technically wrong as 123456 is fine as it is the 12th hour, 34th minute, 56th second. Even 7 and 8 are fine as it is the seven day of the eight month. However, even though it is the 9 of the 2009..it isn't the 9th so to speak.

Of the 2000's, 2009 is the tenth year as 2000 was the first.

Also, none of the others have been shortened.

Anyway, off to eat some chocolate for once today..it's been far too long since some Terry's Chocolate Orange passed my lips.

Have a nice evening

Well-Wide!!!

I know, and that is why I put it in my original post

However, even though it is the 9 of the 2009..it isn't the 9th so to speak.

As I playfully said at the start of my post,

I am in a picky vain of thought today.

Well-Wide!!!

Well-Wide!!!

ha your out numberd lol not having a go at you not my style just having fun

Ahh you're just too picky :D

I think its cool :blush:

thanks

Well-Wide!!!

your nickname should be picky lol

on the 12th hour 34 minutes 56 seconds on the 7th of august the time and date will be 12 34.56 7/8/9 so it will be 123456789 this will proberly never happen again inour life time

1. unless you happened to be in the US this lunchtime, since for reasons i won't go into, Americans list the month before the day, so 7/8/9 is the 8th of July to them, or today (which I'm guessing is where you originally got such a post from?)

2. Probably? Probably? Got a viable plan to live until the next occurrence in the year 3009, have we? :blush:

on the 12th hour 34 minutes 56 seconds on the 7th of august the time and date will be 12 34.56 7/8/9 so it will be 123456789 this will proberly never happen again inour life time

1. unless you happened to be in the US this lunchtime, since for reasons i won't go into, Americans list the month before the day, so 7/8/9 is the 8th of July to them, or today (which I'm guessing is where you originally got such a post from?)

2. Probably? Probably? Got a viable plan to live until the next occurrence in the year 3009, have we? :YAHOO:

sorry i hope i havent affended any one then as thats not my style to upset any one

I think the point is that it will read 123456789 rather than it being the 10th year

I know what the OP was saying, and if you read them carefully you will see that my responses are in jest. I even comment that I was being playful. It is the fact of not responding "Oh yes, you are correct Original Poster". It's called having a laugh and making conversation, which it has with some posters.

Hey, in the year 2090 you could say it says 1234567890!!! :unsure:

Vampiric Kitten - I am at a complete loss as to your posts and comments directed at me during this thread. I am honestly shocked at why you have used words like "pathetic", "uppity", and a phrase like "I was trying to be polite, there are several other words I would rather have used.". You then go on to say that a "war would be fun" - something you edited in.

Why the hostility when I was having fun with the original poster.

No doubt you will take what I have posted and try to make it into something it clearly isn't.

Then to apologise to Showmasters for going off topic?

Why start something that wasn't even there?

You even try to insinuate that I may have a problem with you by saying for me to feel free to contact you privately if I have a problem?

Why would I have a problem?

Even in the face of rather brisk and abrupt posts/comments in my direction I have remained cordial and friendly. Albight, maybe a little sarcastic in two posts.

To establish something..I have no problem with you. Never have done. I would appreciate it if you were a tad more "polite" - as you claim to have been - as I have done nothing to warrant your replies.

• Moderators

OK I'm locking this topic because it's clearly been ruined, which is unfortunate.

I personally did find it quite interesting, but god knows why it's ended up how it has now!